Postal Workers, mail and package carriers employed with the United States Postal Service, UPS and FedEx are at a great risk of sustaining serious life altering injuries due to dog attacks
. According to published data more than 3,000 postal workers are attacked by dogs while on duty each year. If you have been bitten and seriously injured from a dog attack while on your delivery rout you may have a claim against multiple liable parties including (1) the Dog Owner
(2) The Property Owner
(3) Their respective insurance carriers and
(4) Your employers for failure to advise you
of specific dangerous conditions including know vicious dogs located on your rout.
Postal workers need to be aware of specific dog breeds that present a tendency to exhibit vicious behavior. Below is a list of specific dog breeds that should be avoided during your rout.
- Pit bull
- German Shepherds
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Doberman Pinschers
- Chow Chows
- Great Danes
- St. Bernards
According to recent data from the CDC [Center for Disease Control] Los Angeles and San Diego rank number 1 and 2 of the most dangerous cities for postal carrier dog bite injuries. Postal carries in all cities and Southern California cities in specific should follow important safety procedures to prevent dig attack injuries. Some of the safety guidelines are provided for below.
- Don’t run past a dog
- Never Approach a strange dog
- Avoid specifically dangerous dog breeds
- If an unfamiliar dog approaches remain silent and do not move; if the dog does not feel in danger he is less likely to attack
- If a Dog Approaches Avoid Eye Contact
– What to do after a dog bite?
– Los Angeles Dog Bite Laws
– Psychological damages after a dog bite
– Pain and suffering compensation
– Common Bodily and Emotional Dog Bite Injuries
– PTSD Dog Bite Lawsuit
– Numbness After a Dog Bite
– Beverly Hills Dog Bite Lawyer
– Value of a Dog Bite Injury Claim
– Riverside county dog bite laws
– Puncture Wounds from Dog Bites
– Statute of Limitations Dog Bite Injury
– Infections from Dog Bites
– Postal Worker Dog Bite Injury Attorney
– Police dog bite injury lawyer
Recovery for a Dog Attack – Dog Bite Compensation Injury Claim
There are different avenues of recovery regarding a dog bite claim in the state of California. Under the Common Law Tort and Personal Injury Laws compensation for your injuries can be base on
- Current Medical Costs – Emergency Room Visits, Hospitalization, Doctors visits, Prescription Drug
- Future Medical Costs – Rehabilitation Costs, Future procedures and surgeries to relieve pain or scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and Suffering – Including emotional trauma, Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD), Post Trauma Depression and Anxiety
- Loss of Earnings – Including list wages as well future loss of income due to disability
- Punitive Damages – Against homeowners insurance for failure to justly compensate injured plaintiffs
To speak with a Los Angeles Dog Bite injury lawyer, call (888) 649-7166.
Postal Carrier Lawsuits of Injuries Sustained While on Duty
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Dog Attack the contact our Animal Attack hotline (888) 649-7166
; a personal injury lawyer will provide you with a free consultation regarding dog bite injuries.
Dog Bite Awareness form the USPS