We are Truck Accident Attorneys dedicated to protecting the rights of those who have been injured in a Trucking Accident in Los Angeles and the surrounding Southern California communities
California, including Los Angeles is the center of automobile culture in the United States. Our cars and the ability to travel from one part of the city to another is an important aspect of the Southern California lifestyle. However, our extensive highway system, the large amount of trucks on our highways and streets because of our proximity to shipping hubs in Long Beach San Pedro, and high traffic congestion pose a lethal combination on our streets resulting in a high rate of Small Truck and 18-Wheeler accident across Los Angeles. Given the weight disparity involved, truck accidents are almost always more dangerous than traffic collision involving smaller vehicles. Common injuries associated with large semi-truck accidents are as follows
- Traumatic Brain Damage
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Facial Lacerations and Permanent Scarring
- Broken Bones Including Fractures to the Pelvis, and Ribs
- Loss of vision due to trauma sustained to the eyes
- Severe neck dislocations
- Paralysis – Nerve Damage
Our Los Angeles truck accident lawyer has the determination to protect the rights of the injured. Victims of auto accidents are entitled to compensation for all their losses including all medical costs, property damage, lost wages pain and suffering, and mental anguish.
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.
Truck Crashes: What You Need to Know
Truck accidents are often the most brutal form of motor vehicle collisions and require an heightened level of skill and expertise to successfully litigate. Often times, the law dictates that many different forms of insurance are required of a truck driver, including leasing insurance, hazardous materials, 3rd party coverage, and more. creating issues in liability and coverage, and the insurance companies are well adept at avoiding responsibility. We know how to handle insurance companies. If an insurance company will not abide by its duty to compensate those which are covered by their policy, we punish insurance companies by pursuing Punitive damages based on an Insurance Bad Faith Claim, issued by our attorneys.
Facts about Big Rig Truck Accidents: Truck accidents often lead to grave injuries and in many cases death. Below are some important statistics regarding Small Truck and Big Rig Accidents in the United States.
- Each year, close to 100,000 victims are injured in large truck accidents.
- Each yearly nearly 5,200 victims are killed in Trucking Accidents in the United States
- California is one of the states with the highest number of truck accidents and truck accident deaths.
- Tractor/tow trucks account for 63% of all Truck Accidents related deaths, and 45% of all injuries. [Tractor Trailers are larger the regular sized double axel or triple axel trucks]
- A large percentage of Truck accidents are related to Driving Under the Influence, Poor Visibility, and Lack of Sleep [Sleep deprivation].
Types of Truck Accidents: According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration the most common types of accidents involving large truck on U.S. roads are as follows.
- Rear end collisions involving trucks – 23%
- Lane change or Running off the road – 17.8%
- Side Swipes involving trucks – 10.3%
- Truck Rollover Accidents – 9.0%
- Truck Turn – into Path of other Vehicles – 8.0%
- Head On collisions – 3.0%
- Road Hazards Objects on the Road – 2.0%
How to Prove Your Truck Accident Case in Court
In order to receive just compensation for injuries sustained in a Truck Accident, a victims attorney will have to show the defendant driver was negligent in his driving, or the truck company failed to properly maintain the vehicle.
Winning Your Truck Accident Case – Proving Negligence: Most truck accident lawsuits are based on filing e negligence based cause of action against the at fault driver. A negligence based lawsuit required the proving of several elements.
1. The truck driver owed a duty to drive in a safe and reasonable manner on the road.
2. The truck driver breached his duty – example of a breach of safe driving include speeding, failure to use turn signals, failure to properly yield, failure to properly fastened cargo etc.
3. The breach of the drivers duty was the cause of the accident.
4. The accident resulted in significant injury to the plaintiff.
Usually Negligence is established through any of the facts below
- Trucking company failure to maintain dangerous equipment
- Loads were note restrained properly
- Unbalanced or overweight loads on the Trucks
- Speeding or unsafe driving of any kind
- Driving under the influence [DWI or DUI] In cases of death this can lead to a Felony DUI Charge.
- Failure to maintain roads
- Negligent hiring practices or training by trucking companies
- Lack of Sleep, Sleep Deprivation because of grueling schedule, Driver fatigue
Truck Accident Fatalities and Wrongful Death Suits
Dozens of individuals perish in Truck Accidents each year, leaving family, children, parents and siblings behind without their loved ones. In the most tragic instance of tractor trailer accidents entire families are involved a truck accident leading to the tragic death of sever injure of entire households. A wrongful death lawsuit claims that the victim was killed because of a negligent by a defendant. A wrongful death claim in common law jurisdiction has been specifically made due to a loophole where a person cannot file a lawsuit if he or she is technically dead.
Filing a Lawsuit for the Death of a Family Member in a Trucking Accident – Many states across the US including the state of California permit relatives of the deceased to file civil lawsuits against negligent defendants. The California Code of Civil Procedure Section – 377.60-377.62 states that a wrongful death cause of action can be brought on behalf of the decadent by “The decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.”
Jackknifing Rollover Accidents involving Trucks Accidents
A Jackknifing takes place when the Tractor-Trailer truck, usually a truck carrying a heavy load, folds into itself. It resembles a folding clamp or knife. Any vehicles caught in between the folding truck will be in great danger of serious bodily harm or even death.
A jack-knife accident is the result of the front cab of the vehicle skidding while towing a trailer causing the trailer to push from behind forcing it to spin around and face backwards.
Our Los Angeles Truck Jackknifing accident lawyers have expert knowledge of jackknife trucks and will do everything possible to see to it you and your loved ones are compensation for your loss.
Truck Rollover Accidents: As well as jackknifing another danger posed by trucks on Los Angeles Roads is Rollovers. Rollovers can happen for many reasons that are often tied to the negligence of the driver, or the company he works for. Rollovers will often lead to the crushing of the car that does not have enough time to escape the incoming tragedy.
Rollover Accidents are a serious matter leading to grave bodily harm and in many cases death of the passenger and driver of the vehicle.
Law Firm Dedicated to Protecting the rights of victims of trucking accidents
Truck companies push their drivers haul their goods for a maximum amount of time to increase their profits. As a result many truck drivers take greater risks on our roads leading to a greater chance of truck-car crashes. A list of the most common causes of roadway truck accidents are as follows.
- Sleep Deprivation
- Aggressive driving
- DUI: Drinking and driving on the road
- Speeding truck drivers
- Defective roadways
- Load carried greater in weight what truck can safely
- Improper maintenance of delivery truck
- Driving under the influence of drugs
Foreign registered truck accident and foreign truck driver accident claims: The ratification of NAFTA in the 1990′s brought forth a massive influx of trucks and truck drivers from Mexico and Canada into the state of California. Whats more in 2007 the United States allowed Mexican Truck drivers to freely operated in our nation. Handling truck accident claims with cross-border nationals can be a challenging task. Experienced and knowledgeable attorneys will help you receive the compensation you are owed
Contact our Law Offices
We understand that a serious injury or a death of a family member is tragedy for all loved ones. We offer our skilled Personal Injury Litigators to represent you in your case. We possess the knowledge and determination to maximize the compensation for your injuries you deserve.
If you have been injured in a truck accident contact our Los Angeles truck accident lawyer hotline (855) 385-2539. A personal injury attorney will immediately field your call and provide you with a free consultation regarding your matter.
|FAQ||What Should I Do?||Statistics||Statute of Limitations||City Links|