The food truck business has witnesses a dramatic rise over the past decade. Every day you can see food service truck selling all kinds of gourmet dishes from Korean-Mexican fusion to Philly Cheese Steak and Indian. However there are clear dangers associated with the vast increase of these large vehicle on our roads. Accidents with food trucks are more dangerous than collision involving smaller vehicle given the large disparity on their weight and height. Below is a list of steps you need to take if you have been involved in an accident with a food truck.
- Safety Comes First: Makes sure you and those around you are safe. If there are injuries contact an emergency response team as soon as possible
- Contact the local police department and report the trucking accident.
- If it is safe to do ask the other driver for their information including: drivers license, truck registration information, contact information, and insurance documentation.
- Take Pictures of the accident scene and if you have a camera phone ask the person if it is ok to take pictures of the documents you have asked for.
- Get witness information: If there are witnesses asked them for their contact information.
- After the accident: Be Careful Who You Talk To – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you do not speak with them regarding any part the accident or injuries you suffered.
- Ask an attorney for legal advice: A personal injury attorney will be able to determine the best legal course of action so that you can be fully compensated for your injuries and property damage to your vehicle.