Truck Accident Lawyers in Palmdale
Trucks come in all shapes and sizes. Regular trucks that are driven by most people are pickup-sized or slightly larger; some are capable of hauling trailers and other utilities, for example. Smaller trucks that are used for commercial purposes include FedEx and UPS vehicles, as well as small delivery trucks to local businesses. However, there are also many large trucks that transport numerous vehicles at a time, semi-trucks and tractor trailers, 18 wheelers, and more. An accident with any truck can lead to severe injuries, but the larger the vehicle, the more likely it is that you will have more devastating consequences. You may have been hurt in a truck accident in the Palmdale area; if so, a Palmdale truck accident attorney can help you receive the compensation you need. Our highly talented lawyers at the Downtown LA Group will be on top of your case from start to finish, and we promise to work around the clock to ensure that you are amply covered.
How Many Accidents Are Caused By Trucks?
There are over 500,000 truck accidents each year, with 5,000 deaths resulting from them. These accidents occur all over – from highways and freeways to residential and local streets to back roads and service roads. Truck accidents are more likely in highly populated areas where the driver might not be able to account for every vehicle that is nearby.
What Are Some Of The Causes Of Truck Accidents?
There can be various causes of truck accidents. In some instances, other cars simply do not know the safest methods to driving around trucks. For safety reasons, many trucks must stay in the right lane and drive no faster than 55 mph. Other drivers may try to pass trucks on the right, tailgate them so that the trucker does not know they’re behind the vehicle, stop short in front of them, and ignore various wide turn and wide load signs. In addition to the mistakes that regular drivers make, though, truck drivers also contribute to accidents by their own negligence. Many drivers are on the road to transport goods from one location to another, and as a result, they have deadlines they must adhere to. They sometimes drive across various states or counties. Businesses that employ these individuals usually have some kind of insurance to cover any potential accidents.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
Here are some common causes of truck accidents:
- Weather: The conditions of the weather can make it very hard for truck drivers to drive. Slick roads from rain, snow, and sleet may make trucks fishtail, spin out, and slide. Haze and fog can both drastically lower visibility, especially when paired with wind. The weather may be so bad that the truck driver cannot even see a few feet in front of his vehicle.
- Truck defects: Drivers should be diligent in ensuring that their trucks are well-maintained and do not have any issues. Sometimes, there can be brake failure, engine failure, broken headlights, and loose axles that can cause accidents. Tires may also be improperly filled, which can cause blowouts while on the highway. There may also be a lack of signs.
- Load problems: Trucks often have beds of materials; if these materials are overloaded or not strapped down, they could fall off and cause injuries to anyone around. Closed containers, though, may have improper weight distribution, causing swerving and detachment.
- Hitch trouble: All containers and utility trailers must be properly hitched to the bed of the truck. A missing screw, loose screw, or wrongly fitted hitch could cause the entire container to fall off.
- Road issues: Narrow roads, curved roads, hills, inclines, and more can all make it difficult for a truck driver to maneuver. Other cars may not be able to fit around the truck, and it could take turns too narrowly and tip over.
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers who are on the road for over a dozen hours per day need sleep to function. If they do not get enough sleep, they become lethargic, have slower reaction time, worse reflexes, and face the possibility of falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Alcohol and other substances: Drunk truck drivers are among the most dangerous drivers on the road. Alcohol and substances like drugs and caffeine pills can have extremely ill effects on the body, causing driving to become difficult or impossible. There is a general lack of inhibition and less focus when on any substance.
- Reckless driving: Truck drivers may simply not be careful while on the road. They may run red lights, ignore right of way laws, run stop signs, fail to properly merge onto freeways, turn without signaling, tailgate, speed, and more.
A truck accident can be severe and have disastrous results, but if you were not at fault for the crash, contact a Palmdale truck accident attorney today at (855) 339-8879. We will help you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
What Are Some Injuries From Truck Accidents?
Because of the size of trucks, accidents are usually worse, even at similar rates of speed. A 30 mph car crash may not yield nearly the amount of damage as an equal truck accident. Further, of the 5,000 truck accident fatalities per year, only 700 of those individuals are the truck drivers themselves. This means that the other individual in the accident is even more at risk of serious injury than the trucker. Truck accident injuries can range from minor to serious. We have compiled a list of some of the most often-seen injuries.
Call (855) 339-8879 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
- Broken arms and hands
- Broken legs
- Closed head injuries
- Sprains and dislocations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial damage
- Knee and hip damage
- Torn ACL and MCL
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Torn muscles
- Permanent nerve damage
- Severed limbs and digits
- Burns and crushing injuries
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
If you suffered injuries from a truck accident, you should get medical treatment as quickly as possible. Your damages may need to be treated immediately – failure to do so could result in permanent ill effects. The type of accident you are involved in can also raise the risk of certain injuries. For example, a rear-end crash can result in more back and neck injuries, while a head-on collision raises the possibility of blunt force trauma to the chest and head. In the event of injuries from a truck crash, reach out to one of our Palmdale truck accident attorneys as soon as you can.
What Should I Do After A Truck Accident?
You may be very confused after a truck accident and not know how to react. It is crucial that you stay calm and don’t rush into anything. You should not leave the scene of the accident, for one, and you should not talk to anyone who can compromise your case, such as an insurance agent. Instead, you should do the following to ensure that you have the highest rate of success with your claim:
- Call the paramedics or go to the hospital for medical treatment (if you wait too long, the insurance agent can claim that you were not hurt in the truck crash)
- Keep the doctor’s notes and medical receipts to show what kind of treatment you had
- Take pictures of your injuries and wounds, the damage to your vehicle and to the truck, and the scene of the accident
- Record the insurance details and contact information of the truck driver who hit you
- Interview eyewitnesses, passengers, and bystanders for their statements and testimonies on what happened in the accident
- The police will likely show up to conduct an investigation if there were injuries, so you can ask one of the officers for a way to collect the police report once it’s been finalized
- Contact a Palmdale truck accident lawyer to help you with your claim, as you may not have the legal knowledge or experience required to sufficiently take legal action
By selecting an attorney to represent you, you guarantee that all the evidence you gather will be collected and prepared in a timely and suitable manner. We will send your demand letter and evidence package to the insurance agency and will start working immediately to secure you every penny you deserve.
Call (855) 339-8879 to schedule a free legal consultation.
How Long Do I Have To File A Truck Accident Claim?
According to California law, you only have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a claim against the responsible party. If you were not able to file a lawsuit within that time, you won’t be able to receive any restitution at any point. Although 2 years seems like a lot, in truth, it is a very short amount of time that could be squandered because you did not connect the injury to the accident. Our lawyers will make sure that you have enough time to file your claim and will submit it for you. We will also help you determine if you are eligible for any suspensions of the statute of limitations. Minors do not have to adhere to the statute until they turn 18, for example, and those who are mentally or physically ill-equipped to take action can wait until they are capable before the deadline starts.
How Much Money Can You Get From A Truck Accident Claim?
The amount of money you can get from a truck accident claim is dependent on the insurance agent’s offer. The agent will consider how injured you were and how much of an impact those injuries had on your life and career. If they were particularly severe and had a profound effect, your settlement offer may be over $1,000,000. The death of a loved one could increase that settlement to over $4,000,000. On the other hand, a simple dislocated shoulder, while painful and preventing you from working, may not even net you $100,000. It will be up to an attorney to negotiate the best deal from the agent. We will strive to bring you the maximum compensation available under the law. This means that we’ll work to get you coverage of the following:
- Medical expenses (hospitalization, physical therapy, surgery, medication, future treatments)
- Lost wages at work (as well as future lost wages due to missed days or medical procedures)
- Property damage to your car and belongings
- Emotional pain and suffering (psychological trauma, anxiety, PTSD, fear, and mental scarring)
- Wrongful death damages (pre-death medical bills, pre-death pain and suffering, loss of consortium, loss of sexuality, loss of expected savings and inheritance, funeral and burial expenses)
- Punitive damages (additional forms of monetary compensation handed out in times of gross negligence or an intention to harm the victim, but these damages are usually seen as excessive or too harsh; therefore, only a skilled lawyer will be capable of winning them for your case)
Don’t let the truck driver and insurance company get away without paying you your rightful restitution. Let a truck accident attorney in Palmdale handle your case for you.
Your Best Choice in Attorneys
At the Downtown LA Law Group, our lawyers have decades of experience in truck accident lawsuits. We know that victims may not have the time or knowledge needed to handle a lawsuit by themselves, and we are proud to help our clients every step of the way. Our aggressive attorneys will stop at nothing to secure you fair compensation and will constantly negotiate better deals from the insurance agency. If the agent is not coming up on an offer, we are willing to take your case to court to prove your lawsuit in front of a jury. If you have any questions, you can contact a qualified lawyer at (855) 339-8879 for a free legal consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your private details and case information will be totally confidential. We’ll be glad to give you our opinion on what we think your case is worth and how the legal process works. Further, we will give you our zero fee guarantee when you sign up with our firm. This guarantee is a promise that you will never touch you own finances throughout the case – we will cover all the expenses ourselves, and our fees will be taken care of if we win; the settlement will have a portion taken out to pay our dues. If we lose, you don’t have to pay us a single penny, and we’ll eat the costs of the case ourselves. Reach out to a Palmdale truck accident lawyer to get started on recovering your damages.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Truck accidents
– Truck Accident
– Truck Accident Questions: FAQ
– Common Causes of Truck Accidents
– Moving Truck Accident Attorney
– Fedex Truck Accident Attorney
– Who’s at Fault for Truck Accident
– Street Sweeper Accident
– Armored Truck Accident
– Cement Truck and Mixer Truck accident
– Detached Trailer Hitch Accident
– Injuries caused by Lift-gate Accidents
– Forklift Accident
– Injured in a Truck Accident
– Logging Truck Accident
– Garbage Truck Accident
– Food Service Truck Accident
– I Was Passenger in a Truck Accident
– California Truck Accident Laws
– Tow Truck Accident
– Invovled in a Truck Accident: What Should I Do?
– Postal Truck Accident
– Overloaded Truck Accident
– Santa Monica Truck Accident Attorney
– Animal Truck Hauling Accident
DTLA Client Review
Free Case Review 24/7