Pickup truck are the most popular and highest selling vehicle in the United States. For decades pickups have served as a staple form of transportation for millions of construction workers, farmers, gardeners, and carpenters alike. Because of the weight and size disparity pickup truck accidents with other vehicles can lead to disastrous results often leading to serious injuries and fatalities.
Accidents involving truck can be difficult to litigate requiring expert legal representation from trusted a trusted personal injury law firm.
Some issues involving pickup truck accidents are as follows:
- Employer Liability for injuries cause by employee driver: Third party liability – When a truck that is driven during the course of employment is involved in a traffic accident the owner/employer may be held liable for injuries suffered by the other driver, the employee, pedestrians or occupants.
- Commercial Vehicle Insurance: In many instances commercial vehicle truck liability will be an issue requiring expert legal representation to maximize the compensation you are owed.
- Workers Compensation issues: Pickup truck drivers may be able to recover for their injuries from their employers if they suffered injuries during work, going to work, or coming home from work.
- Product Liability: In many instances pickup truck accidents are the result of defective truck parts including aftermarket installations. Defective pickup truck parts include breaks, tires leading to blowouts and rollovers, headlights, and windbreakers.
If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries resulting from a roadway accident involving a pickup truck or an accident caused by a defective pickup truck contact our auto accident attorneys
Most common pickup trucks on California Roads:
Some of the most common pickup trucks on our roads are as follows
- Ford F-150 and general F Series pickups
- Ford Ranger
- Toyota Tacoma
- Chevrolet Silverado
- GMC Sierra
- Nisan Titan
- Toyota Tundra
- Dodge Ram
: General Classifications of Pickup trucks are bases on the size and dimensions of cab styles. Different cab styled range from, standard cab, extended cab, crew cab, and cab forward designs.
Pick Up bed Classifications
: general bed styles include, standard bed, long bed, short bed, while in some instances the bed of the vehicle is take off so that it can used for other purposes.
– Tow truck accident
– Cement Truck and Mixer Truck accident
– Pickup truck accident attorney
– Armored truck accident
– Postal truck accident
– Fire truck collision
– FedEX truck accident
– Los Angeles truck accident lawyer
– Santa Clarita truck accident
– Truck accident lawyers in Palmdale
– Santa Monica truck accident attorney
Pickup Rollover Accidents
A Rollover accident
is statistically amongst the most dangerous forms of accident which take place on the road. Nearly 30,000 people are injured and 10,000 killed in such accidents. SUV’s are not the only vehicles to be involved in such accidents; pickup trucks, large semi trucks, and vans are also prone to rollover crashes on California Roads.
Rollover crashed are more dangerous than other forms of auto accidents. Bases on recently published date from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, more than 40% of pickup truck accident deaths are the result of rollover accidents; that is compared to just over 20% of car-related fatalities.
How to Prove Pickup Truck Accident case in Court – Negligence in Accident claim?
According to California Personal Injury Laws, a Party is Negligent when it fails in a manner expected of a reasonably prudent person acting under similar circumstances. Negligence in auto accident cases requires the demonstration of four elements:
(1) A Duty of Care is owed to the plaintiff under the circumstances, (2) the responsible party breach their duty of care to the injured party (3) the defendant was the actual and proximate cause of the plaintiff’s damages and (4) the plaintiff actually suffered some harm (psychological or physical) as a result of the defendants negligence.
Compensation for your injuries in an accident can be based on many factors including:
- Medical Costs – including hospital costs, emergency room visit, and medication costs
- Future medical costs – including rehabilitation expenses and need for future procedures
- Lost Wages
- Future loss or reduction of income
- Pain and Suffering – including emotional trauma, PTSD and depression
Learn more about your legal options: Call (888) 649-7166 with a representative now.