Every year, thousands of drivers, passengers and pedestrians are seriously injured due to the reckless or negligent driving of another individual. Most alarming is that many of these incidences are never reported. Unfortunately for victims, most people do not know their rights. Car accident attorneys at Downtown L.A. Law Group understand that these collisions are one of the biggest causes of major injuries and sudden fatalities in all of California.
WHY CHOOSE OUR ACCIDENT INJURY Lawyer?
Our Car accident attorneys believes in getting every last penny for our clients
. We understand how to negotiate with insurance companies, and how to fight them in court. The damages we get for you include:
We will get back all your past medical expenses, including all medical bills and costs, such as those incurred in the emergency room, hospital visits, doctor visits, MRI testing facility, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, or any other treating professional that was necessitated as a result of your injury. Additionally, you will also get compensation for medical devices, such as crutches, braces or medical equipment used and purchased during your recovery.
Future Medical Expenses:
Our clients become clients for life. We understand that anytime you sustain an injury, the effects can be felt for years, or even a lifetime. The car accident lawyers at Downtown L.A. Law Group will work with doctors and other medical specialist to determine the full range of your damages and ensure that you get paid for all future medical treatments.
Time lost and injuries do not stop with medical care. Often times, car accidents effect your performance and even ability to go to work.
Loss of Earning Capacity:
Any serious injury or accident can severely affect your ability to work in the future. We will negotiate with insurance companies to obtain all lost future earnings.
: Victims of car crashes do not only suffer from physical harm. Damages often become mental, and could include fright, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief or feelings of distress.
Loss of Consortium:
This is when an individual loses a spouse or can not have normal marital relations.
: Property damage is simply the damage to your automobile or any other possessions lost as a result of the accident.
What are the FACTORS that contribute to car crashes?
No one Los Angeles car crash is the same. Some factors that can contribute to car accidents
Driving While Distracted
: This is the leading cause of accidents in Los Angeles, and accounts for roughly 80 percent of all car automotive accidents nationwide. Common variables include talking and texting on the cell phone, putting on makeup, eating, talking to other passengers, or engaging in other activities
: Driver error is considered negligence on the part of the driver, and therefore grounds for liability.
Traffic Law Violations
: Car accidents in Los Angeles often result from traffic violations
such as following improperly, illegal or dangerous lane changing, not following traffic signs or signals, failure to yield right of way, failure to observe warnings, signal or obey traffic signals, and driving in excess of speed limits
: Many times, a car accident in Los Angeles is not the result of faulty driving, but rather the product of a variable completely outside the drivers control. Product Defect in Automobile Accidents
may be a result of faulty tires, airbags, seat belts, construction or anything else structurally wrong with the car.
Product Defect in Car Accidents
Many times, a car accident
in California is not the result of faulty driving, but rather the product of a variable completely outside the drivers control. Product Defect in Automobile Accidents is a frequently overlooked cause of crashes that can result in harmful or even deadly consequences. These accidents can be a result of:
Defectively manufactured vehicles or vehicle parts: This type of product defect occurs not in the design of the vehicle, but rather occurred somewhere within the manufacturing of the vehicle. This defect may have occurred during the manufacturing of the car, such as during assembly, or perhaps during shipping or inside the car dealership. Unlike other forms of product liability, manufacturing defects are usually not a function of the design of the vehicle, but rather a product of something that went wrong during or after production.
Unreasonably dangerous design: Unlike manufacturing defects, this sort of product defect lies within the design of the vehicle and is inherent in all cars of that specific model. Some examples of this type of Product defect include defective seat belts (such as faulty belt fabric, faulty latching, or inertial unlatching), defective air bags (this is most prominent in situations where young children are involved), defective braking mechanisms, inadequate padding, or an unsuitable frame.
Road Design: Sometimes, a car accident does not result from a negligent driver, or product defect, but rather flaws in road designs. Examples include faulty intersections, merging lanes, or defective traffic signals and signs. In such situations, the government may be liable for your accidents.
Faulty Road Conditions: We’ve all seen them. Potholes in the streets, debris and trees in the roadway, and unmaintained roadways. In certain situations, the government may be liable. Downtown LA Law knows it all when it comes to California Car Accident Laws.
Which are the Most Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents can cause numerous types of injuries to victims involved. However, some types of pain are more common than others.
Head and Brain Injuries: Head injuries can be minimal, such as a concussion, or can be extremely severe, such as traumatic brain injuries (TBI). Unlike some other types of injuries, brain injuries are not always immediately noticeable.
Neck injuries and Whiplash: The sudden impact of a car crash will cause an individual’s head to suddenly jolt out of place. This may cause mild to severe forms of whiplash, as well as cervical encephalopathy or bulging disc injuries.
Back and Spinal Cord Injury: Spinal cord injuries usually occur during catastrophic auto accident injury and may lead to permanent damage or even paralysis. Less severe types of back injury include sprain, bulging disc, strain, fracture, thoracic spine injury, lumbar encephalopathy or a lumbar spine.
Broken Bones, fractures and joint damage: The force of a vehicle colliding with a person’s body is the main culprit here.
Face injuries: A person’s face is exposed during a car accident, which may lead to severe scarring or fractures. Damage can result from impact from broken glass, steering wheel, airbag, dashboard or flying objects.
What Should You Do After a Car Crash?
If you have been involved in a car accident
, make sure you take care of your safety, and the safety of those around you first. At Downtown L.A. Law, we will never put the client’s claim
in front of their health. With that said, it is important that you follow these steps immediately following an accident:
- Make sure everyone around you is safe. We simply cannot stress this enough
- Do not talk to the other party regarding fault or liability.
- Contact the local police department and report the accident.
- Photograph and document the accident. Take as many pictures as necessary. Take pictures of all other vehicles involved in the accident as well Document as much of the accident as possible before you forget, including:
- Where it happened
- How the accident took place
- The time of day, and the weather at time of accident
- Exchange information with the other parties involved. It is important that you document all their information, such as insurance info, policy number, drivers license, name, phone number and address. Additionally, take a written description of other cars involved, such as make, model, license plate number, and even the vehicle identification number if possible.
- Collect all witness information. In situations where fault is at issue, witnesses can be your best source for proving that the other party was at fault for the accident.
- Never speak to the insurance companies. Insurance companies are skilled at getting you to make statement that will hurt your case. Allow us to do the work for you. You should simply focusing on getting better, and going on with your life.
What are the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Car Accident Lawsuits?:
In the state of California auto accident personal injury lawsuits must be filed within 2 years from the date of the accident. Injury claims against government entities must be filed with the agency in question within 6 months from the date of the accident. Failure to file within the statutorily allotted times period will likely eliminate a victims right to recovery under the law.
- Exceptions to Statute of Limitations: In certain circumstances courts will toll or temporarily halt a statute of limitations including where a victim is mentally of physically incapacitated for a period of time.
Car ACCIDENT LAW
Knowing the law, and following the rules is paramount in recovering the maximum amount in your car accident claim in Los Angeles. Rest assured that the car accident law firm at Downtown LA Law follows every law vigorously to ensure that you will not be in danger of losing your rights.
– Should I Hire An Attorney to Handle My Car Accident Claim?
– Can a Passenger Sue Driver in a Car Accident?
– What is the Government’s Liability for Car Accidents?
– How Long do I have to File a Claim After a Car Accident?
– How to handle Disputed Liability in Car Accidents: Proving He Said She Said Cases?
– What would be the Reimbursements for Lost Value After a Car Accident?
– How to Obtain a Car Accident Report from the Police Department in LA County?
Call Our Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
Our los angeles personal injury attorney will vigorously fight your claim. At Downtown LA Law, our skilled and aggressive t attorneys will fight for you in situations where the:
- Insurance company will not pay for the physical damage to your car. We will maximize your recovery by making sure you recover for all your expenses including medical expenses, future medical expenses, full replacement costs of all property damage, pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and even loss of consortium
- Insurance company completely denies your claim. We’ve built our reputation on maximizing every case, and insurance companies know this.
- Insurance company purposefully delays the claim. Insurance companies understand that delaying the claim, or giving the victim the “run around” will often frustrate the victim and cause them to walk away. Furthermore, by delaying the claim, a victim can lose all of their legal rights if the statute of limitations has run out.
- The third party driver never had insurance.
– Glendale car accident lawyers
– Inglewood car accident lawyers
– Indio Car accident lawyers
Our Attorneys understand the pressure and sensitivity involved after you have been involved in a car accident. Allow our team of lawyers to develop the best strategy for your case. Call (855)385-2529
schedule a free case evaluation
and speak directly to an attorney about your case.