Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, is constantly on the receiving end of phone calls from individuals who have been in car accidents. They want to know the best way to move forward and what their claims may be worth. Our team of car accident attorney in Chino can make sure that you will not be in danger of losing your case. We have years of combined experience with car crash lawsuits and we know the best methods to winning. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and you will always be our highest priority.
Car Accident Details
With millions of cars on the road every day, it’s no surprise that there are hundreds of thousands of accidents each year. Worse, there are over 80,000 deaths in California alone. Many of these accidents are preventable – drivers need to be more careful and pay closer attention while operating their vehicles. Too many individuals drive recklessly and do not give others the right of way. A few of the leading causes of car accidents include:
- Drunk driving
- Texting while driving
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Turning without signaling
- Merging without looking
- Car defects and troubles
- Driving while tired
- Ignoring right of way laws
- Turning into oncoming traffic
Many times, drivers will opt to not drive defensively and will try to beat out traffic. When two drivers have the same thought, there is an increased chance of an accident.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
Car accidents also cause over 3,000,000 injuries per year. Some of the injuries can be permanent, while others are negligible. Regardless of the result, it is unnecessary pain and suffering caused due to the errors of other drivers. We have seen many types of injuries result from car crashes; some include:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Muscle damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Lacerations and abrasions
- Bruises and deep cuts
- Crushing injuries
- Severed limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Knee and hip damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
A car crash can be a confusing moment and you could have trouble proceeding with legal action, especially if you have no prior experience. Our car accident attorneys in Chino can make sure you are adequately represented. We will give you all the details you need about car accident claims – Call (855) 339-8879 for more help.
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen in almost any way. At times, the accident is caused by the negligence of another driver, but there are moments when they happen for other reasons, such as vehicular defects. Some common types of car accidents include:
- Rear end crashes, most often occurring at red lights, in parking lots, and in heavy traffic
- Head-on collisions, which are some of the most fatal crashes
- Sideswipes, which may result in a car being run off the road
- T-bone collisions, usually happening at stop lights and stop signs when someone proceeds through without any care
- Single car accidents, such as by driving into a utility pole or crashing because you lost control of the vehicle after something went wrong internally with the engine
- Rollover accidents, which can happen when you take a turn too narrowly or when a tire blows out on your car
- Multi-car accidents, or accidents that happen because a car was sent into you from another impact
There are also times when you are hit by other vehicles on the road, such as trucks and motorcycles, which can cause high damages. Many of the car accidents listed above can have clear drivers at fault – for example, rear-end collisions are most common when you’re stopped somewhere, which means the driver behind you was likely not paying attention. Our Chino car accident attorneys can handle your case no matter what kind of accident you were in. Give us a call at (855) 339-8879 to discuss your claim and we’ll gladly help you through the legal process.
Legal Information about Filing a Car Crash Lawsuit
If you wish to file a lawsuit against a driver for a car accident, you must be able to show these four points of negligence:
- You were owed a duty of care (all drivers must take care not to harm others on the road)
- The duty of care was breached in some manner
- The breach of duty caused an accident of some kind
- The accident led to physical injuries
You will only be able to file a personal injury lawsuit if you were hurt in the accident. If you weren’t physically harmed, you won’t be able to collect certain damages. You will only receive coverage for damaged property and missed wages, both of which are hard to argue against as a lawyer and which are generally much less expensive than medical treatment. You might not even need a lawyer to handle such a claim, as you could simply present them mechanic’s estimate and your pay stubs as evidence. You should make sure to have as much evidence as possible when you file your claim. This evidence can include photos of the scene of the accident, pictures of the damage to the vehicles, photos of your injuries, medical notes and receipts, eyewitness and bystander testimony, a police report, and more. This evidence package will be assembled by your attorney and sent to the insurance company with a demand letter explaining the situation and what you expect to receive. If you do not get medical attention quickly after the accident, the insurance company will try to throw out your claim and state that you were injured elsewhere and you’re blaming your injuries on the incident. An insurance company can legally stall for a certain amount of time, but many people will eventually give in to the company’s tactics. Our Chino car accident attorneys promise to negotiate the best deal from the insurance company. If you have any questions about the legal process or what kind of evidence you may need, contact our firm at once for more assistance.
Time Limit to File a Car Accident Claim
In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a claim against the insurance agency to collect compensation for your injuries from a car accident. This is a personal injury lawsuit that is filed when you have sustained bodily harm due to the negligence of another party. If you fail to file a claim within the two year time limit, you will not be able to receive any compensation in the future. It is crucial that you take legal action quickly, as there is a chance that evidence will get lost the longer you wait. There are a few exceptions that can be granted to increase the length of time you have to file your claim. These exceptions include being underage at the time of the accident, being mentally or physically incapacitated after the accident, and the defendant not being present in the state in the time after the incident. It is common for individuals to run out of time and not pay attention to the dates associated with their cases. This can be avoided with the help of a skilled and attentive car accident lawyer in Chino.
Earnings from a Car Accident Lawsuit
If you have been injured in a car accident, you should not be expected to pay for your own damages and expenses if another party were responsible for the crash. Your debts should be covered by the liable entity. Our lawyers will work to bring you ample compensation for your damages; we will see to it that you are given the maximum settlement available under the law.
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 to speak with a representative now.
Victims of accident can file personal injury lawsuits to claim the following:
- Medical expenses (surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, future medical procedures)
- Pain and suffering (anxiety, PTSD, fear, emotional scarring, mental trauma, psychological troubles)
- Missed income from work and future lost wages due to additional days of recovery or medical treatment
- Property damage to your car or replacement of any items inside that were broken or lost, such as your phone, laptop, and more
- Wrongful death expenses if a family member or loved one lost his or her life in the crash (funeral and burial expenses, pre-death pain and suffering, pre-death medical bills, loss of expected savings and inheritance, loss of consortium, and more)
- Punitive damages (additional punishing monetary amounts that are given out in times of gross negligence or the intent to cause harm, but many juries view these damages as excessive; therefore, only a talented lawyer will be able to win them for your case)
You should not be worried about the costs of anything if you were in a car accident and another party hit you. By contacting one of our Chino car accident lawyers, you place yourself in a better position to earn everything you deserve. An attorney will be able to dedicate all his time to your case and ensure that you’re given the fairest treatment possible.
Qualified Lawyers for You
If you are in need of a team of skillful Chino car accident attorneys, look no further than the Downtown LA Law Group. We have the ability to win your case for you, and our talented and highly rated team will work until you are satisfied with the result. We will take your case to court if we feel that the insurance agent is not behaving a respectable manner and refuses to increase the settlement offer, we will take your case to court. For a free legal consultation, call our law firm at (855) 339-8879. We’ll gladly talk you through the legal process and help you understand what to expect in the lawsuit. We’ll tell you what we believe we can win for you and how strong we feel your case is. We will also give you our zero fee guarantee if you hire us to represent you. This guarantee means that you won’t have to pay a single dime out of pocket – we will get paid by the insurance company if we win and our legal fees will be covered; if we lose, we don’t take any money at all. You’re never in danger of losing any of your own personal funds. Our Chino car accident attorneys can help you with your case. Contact the Downtown LA Law Group today.