Why Do Car Accidents Happen?Car accidents can happen anywhere, from freeways to residential streets. There may be broadside accidents at intersections, rear-end crashes at stop lights, sideswipe crashes on the highway, and head-on crashes in dimly lit rural areas. Many accidents are simply attributed to driver negligence. A list of reasons for accidents can include the following:
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving drunk or while under the influence of rugs and other substances
- Running red lights
- Failing to yield to pedestrians or other vehicles
- Running stop signs
- Ignoring right of way laws
- Turning left into oncoming traffic
- Pulling out of parking lots or into traffic without looking
- Improper merging
- Vehicle defects
- Poor weather
- Road defects
CHAT LIVE with a legal representative about your situation now.It is generally the responsibility of all drivers to ensure that they do not act in a way that places anyone else on the road in danger. For the most part, drivers are safe and courteous enough that accidents seldom happen. However, one simple inattentive action can cause a disaster. If you were injured in an accident caused by the negligence of another driver, contact our Rancho Cucamonga car accident lawyers today for more assistance. We will walk you through the legal process and help you get started on your claim.
What Are Common Injuries In Car Accidents?Car crashes can lead to a very wide range of possible injuries. Even low-impact and relatively slow accidents can cause severe damages – and there are numerous cases of high speed collisions where people walked away without a scratch. There are many factors that can play a part in the extent of your injuries, such as whether or not you were wearing a seat belt, the direction from which you were struck, if your car rolled or went down an embankment or was struck by another vehicle in turn, your age and relative health, and much more. Some of the injuries we have seen are:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Closed head injuries
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord and disc injuries
- Neck damage
- Severed digits and limbs
- Knee damage
- Ligament injuries
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.We recommend hiring one of our car accident attorneys in Rancho Cucamonga to take on your case and bring you the compensation you deserve. You should not be forced to pay your expenses and debts from the accident if the crash were caused by a negligent driver.
What Are Steps To Take After A Car Accident?Many clients call us with questions of what to do after a car accident. Some call us at the scene of the crash requesting advice for what to do next. If you were severely hurt, you may be taken from the scene of the accident to a hospital or emergency room. If you weren’t immediately evacuated, you should make sure to follow these steps:
- Get medical attention at once, whether from paramedics or from the hospital. If there is a gap in between the accident and your treatment, the insurance agent can claim that you were not as badly hurt as you stated, or that you were simply using the accident as a way to get damages from another incident.
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Take pictures of the scene of the car accident
- Record the damage done to your vehicle and the other vehicle
- Interview eyewitnesses and passengers to get their statements
- Get a copy of the police report
- Acquire any surveillance footage if the accident happened at a business or in a parking structure
- Contact an experienced car accident lawyer to help you with your case, as you may not have any of the legal expertise required to successfully win your claim and get the maximum compensation available.
How Can I Sue After A Car Accident?To file a lawsuit for a car accident and the ensuing injuries, you must be able to prove that you were the victim of negligence. All personal injury lawsuits are based on negligence, which consists of four points. They are:
- You were owed a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached in some way
- The breach of duty resulted in an accident
- The accident led to physical injuries
What Is The Statute Of Limitations For A Car Accident Lawsuit?A car accident lawsuit is a personal injury claim, and therefore, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to file for compensation. If you do not file within that time limit, you will be unable to receive the compensation you deserve. The two-year limit is in place to protect both parties. For plaintiffs, evidence will not be lost and eyewitnesses will have better memories. For defendants, they will not be expected to pay off damages that are years-removed or no longer relevant. In some cases, you may be eligible for an extension of the state of limitations. This can happen if you were a minor at the time of the incident, for example; minors must wait until they are 18 before they can file a claim. It can also happen if you were mentally or physically incapable of filing a lawsuit, such as by being in a coma or in a PTSD-like episode. Once you return to functioning health, you could sue according to the normal statute of limitations.
To speak with a Rancho Cucamonga car accident lawyer, call (213) 389-3765.Additionally, the defendant must be in the state when you sue for damages. If he left the state or the country, you could wait until he returns before having to adhere to the time limit. If you are unsure of how much time you have left to sue or if you simply want someone to handle your case to ensure that you miss no crucial dates, contact our car accident lawyers in Rancho Cucamonga for more assistance.
What Can I Receive As Compensation After A Car Accident?If you were hurt in a car accident, you could be fairly compensated for all your injuries and expenses. Our attorneys have recovered millions for our clients, and we will strive to bring you the maximum settlement available under the law. We will work to bring you the following:
- Medical expenses from the past and future
- Lost wages from the past and future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering