Garden Grove car accident attorneys
The dangers of car accidents are very apparent thanks to the numerous injuries and consequences we see every day. There are too many crashes that happen on a daily basis – but fortunately, victims of accidents are entitled to financial compensation if they were hurt because of the negligent action of another party. A car accident lawsuit can help cover various expenses and debts, but many people do not know the first thing about taking legal action. This is where our team of skilled car accident lawyers in Garden Grove come in. Our firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, will see to it that you are covered and fairly represented in a lawsuit. You are safe with us. Car Accident Details and Information There are hundreds of thousands of car crashes every day. Many people simply do not drive safely and will be too aggressive on the road; this tendency can lead to accidents and crashes at an alarming rate. You may be hit head-on by a drifting vehicle or by a person who tried to turn in front of you to beat a light. You may be struck in a T-bone accident when someone ran a stop sign or a red light. You may even be involved in the most common accident of all, a rear-end crash, which occurs most often at freeways and stop lights when the approaching vehicle does not adequately stop.
Call us at (855) 339-8879 with a representative and schedule a free case review.
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or medication
- Tailgating and speeding
- Running red lights and stop signs
- Bad weather
- Unfamiliar or difficult terrain
- Ignoring right of way laws and regulations
It can be difficult to pinpoint exactly why someone hit you. You will need to get as much evidence as you can to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. You will also have a greater chance of success if you can show that you were seriously hurt in the incident. Some of the injuries we have seen result from car crashes include:
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- Internal organ damage
- Closed head injuries
- Concussions and brain trauma
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Knee and hip injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Lacerations and gashes
- Puncture wounds
- Cognitive damage
There is no surefire way to avoid injuries in car accidents. Despite seatbelts and adequate padding doing a fair job of preventing serious injuries, there is always the possible of severe damage, even with the safety measures. If you have been injured, we recommend contacting our Garden Grove car accident attorneys for more help. We’ll be able to assist you
Our Recent Verdicts and Settlements
Car Crash Aftermath – Steps to Take
It is important that you take precautions after a car accident and that you do not jeopardize your health or your lawsuit. Here are some easy to follow steps to take after a car accident to ensure that you don’t have trouble with your claim or with your health.
- Go to the doctor or hospital at once
- Take photos of your injuries
- Document the injuries and the time it took you to visit the doctor
- Keep your medical receipts and doctor’s notes or paramedic’s notes on hand
- Photograph the damage to your car and the defendant’s car
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and anything else that may have contributed to the crash
- Request testimonies and statements from nearby witnesses and passengers
- Record the information of the defendant and his personal details so he can be reached in case of any discrepancies
- Request a copy of the police report once the precinct has finished finalizing it
Call (855) 339-8879 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
Once you have completed all of these tasks, it is a good idea to assemble your evidence together into an evidence package. If you hire one of our car crash attorneys in Garden Grove, we will put all your evidence together and write a demand letter for you. We will represent you from start to finish and ensure that you’re not facing any stress or troubles from the accident. Your focus should be on yourself and your health.
Car Accident Lawsuit Restitution
Victims of car accidents are entitled to certain damages if it can be proven that they were hurt as a result of negligent action. We promise to negotiate the best deal from the insurance company, a deal that you may not be able to secure by yourself because of your lack of legal experience. Insurance agents will often try to pay out as little as possible to those who have filed claims, and many people will accept these small offers because they aren’t able to negotiate a better one. Let our lawyers work to ensure that you’re covered for these expenses:
- Medical bills (surgery, hospitalization, ambulatory transportation, hospital services, physical therapy sessions, health equipment, medication, and coverage for future medical treatments)
- Missed income at work from previous absent days and future absent days
- Property damage (replacement of personal items that were lost in the accident, reimbursement to fix any broken belongings, and compensation for the damage to your car)
- Pain and suffering damages (PTSD, anxiety, fear, psychological trauma)
- Wrongful death expenses (pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering, loss of consortium, funeral and burial costs, loss of savings and inheritance, and more)
- Punitive damages (additional forms of monetary compensation handed out in times of gross negligence, but they are often viewed as excessive or unnecessary)
Some individuals may try to move forward without the help of a lawyer. We do not advise this; it is generally a better idea to allow an attorney to negotiate the best deal for you. It is more likely that the insurance agent will toss out your claim or ignore you if you have no negotiating knowledge or if you have never handled a car accident lawsuit before. Talk with our Garden Grove car accident attorneys today.
Worth of a Car Accident Claim
The value of your car accident claim will be determined by the insurance agent handling your case. He will consider your injuries, the extent he damages had on your life and career, how much of the accident was your fault, what kind of treatment you received, your job type, your age, and much more. All of these will be factored into the decision for a settlement offer. It is likely that the insurance agent will try to avoid giving you a worthwhile settlement. He will give you a very low offer or will try to claim that you were more responsible for the crash than you admit. He can put off paying you for months, and if you do not have any legal experience, he could potentially never pay up. Many individuals give up after some months. Our attorneys will negotiate the fairest deal from the agent and ensure that your claim is paid out in full. If you were severely injured, your case could be worth over $250,000. Some wrongful death claims have been settled in excess of $1,000,000. It will be the responsibility of your attorney to win you the maximum compensation available under the law.
Time Limit to File a Car Accident Lawsuit
In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to take legal action against the responsible party for your damages. Thus, if you were involved in a car crash and you do not file a claim less than two years after the injuries you suffered, you would be prevented from pursuing legal compensation in the future. This is done to ensure that claims are not left unattended for a long time. The two-year limit can be extended in some situations. For example, if you were in a car and underage at the time of the accident, you could wait until you turn 18 to see. The statute would begin at legal age. Further, if you were badly hurt and could not physically or mentally file an adequate lawsuit, you would not be penalized with a decreased statute of limitations. The time limit would be extended to match the day you returned to functioning health and were capable of taking action. The defendant can also play a role in the length of time for you to sue. If he leaves the state or the country, whether for business or pleasure (or even to try and avoid the claim in the first place), then the statute would be put on hold until he returns. You may not be certain of how much time you have to file a claim. To determine the remaining months, contact our car accident attorneys in Garden Grove. We’ll gladly help you figure out the deadline and we will even file your claim for you. Our team will not miss a single deadline when handling your case.
Call (855) 339-8879 to schedule a free legal consultation.
The Top Firm in Town
The Downtown LA Law Group is one of the most highly acclaimed law firms in the state. We have consistently provided our clients with the best help possible and have won numerous lawsuits totaling millions of dollars. Our clients are our highest priority and we make sure that every person who comes through our doors receives the utmost care and respect. Our lawyers will take your case and aggressively work to secure you the compensation you need to cover your expenses stemming from a car accident. We will give you a free legal consultation if you call us at (855) 339-8879 about your case. All consultations are totally confidential. We will tell you what we believe we can win for you and what your case may be worth. If you wish to hire us, we will also give you our zero fee guarantee, which is a promise that you won’t have to spend any of your own finances to get legal assistance. We will cover the costs of the case and we won’t get paid unless and until we win. If we lose, we eat the losses and you walk away debt-free to our firm. Get in touch with our expert Garden Grove car accident attorneys at the Downtown LA Law Group by calling (855) 339-8879 for more information on moving forward with a claim.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
– Anaheim car accident lawyers
– Bellflower car accident lawyers
– Baldwin Park car accident attorneys
– Compton car accident attorneys
– Corona car accident lawyers
– Costa Mesa car accident lawyers
– Chino car accident attorneys
– Chula Vista car accident lawyers
– El Cajon car accident attorneys
– El Monte car accident attorneys
– Fountain Valley car accident attorneys
– Garden Grove car accident attorneys
– Huntington Park car accident attorneys
– Highland auto accident lawyers
– Glendale auto accident lawyers
– Inglewood car accident lawyers
– Indio Car accident lawyers
– Irvine car accident lawyers
– Lakewood Car accident lawyers
– Pomona car accident attorneys
– Riverside car accident attorneys
– Redondo Beach car accident attorneys
– Rancho Cucamonga car accident attorneys
– Redlands car accident attorneys
– Auto Accident attorney in San Bernardino
– Rosemead car accident attorneys
– San Clemente car accident attorneys
– Torrance Car Accident Lawyers
Free Case Review 24/7