Every year hundreds of thousands of passengers suffer serious injuries as occupants in motor vehicles
. In many instances due to close family relations or friendships passengers are hesitant to file a legal cause of action against a driver that was at fault. The law recognizes such issues and provided for a greater legal protection for passengers of a traffic accident. Therefore, passengers involved in motor-vehicle accidents may file an injury claim against:
The majority of auto accident involving serious injury to passengers entail the following types of liability
- The insurance for the driver of the car you were riding in
- The insurance of the other car involved
- Their own insurance
1. Claim Against the Insurance Carrier of the Driver in the vehicle the injuries passenger was traveling in. In these circumstance a passenger has a right to file a claim against the insurance carrier of the driver for compensation. In most cases a at fault drivers persona injury protection coverage will apply to passengers in the vehicle at the time of the accident.
2.Claim against insurance carriers for drivers of other motor vehicles, including truck, public buses
and vans partly or wholly at fault for the collision.
Other Potential Liable Parties
Common Injuries to Passengers
- Other than the driver other parties may be at fault and thus liable for injuries suffered to a passenger in a motor vehicle accident. Some potential defendants other than motorist in mot vehicle accidents are as follows
- City and State responsible for defective roadway conditions resulting in traffic accidents
- Manufacturers of motor vehicles – for defective automobiles resulting in auto accident and injuries including defective airbags (failure of airbag to deploy), defective seat-belts, brake failures and defective tires.
- Diver of the other vehicle if the other driver was partially or wholly at fault in the accident.
: Some of the most common injuries to passengers in motor vehicle accidents include
- Traumatic brain injury – sustained head trauma
- Back injuries including disc herniation
- Spinal cord injuries
- Should injuries including dislocation and rotator cuff injury
- Ligament tear and broken bones
- Facial scarring, broken nose and broken teeth
What is the Value of My Cases – Filing a Lawsuit for Compensation
The value of a personal injury cause of action is predicated on several factors which are unique in every case. However, an attorney may be able to established a rough estimate of a case value after a thorough case analysis. Some significant factors in determining the value of a personal injury lawsuit are as follows
Fees Associated with Hiring A law Firm to Represent You in Court
- The extent and severity of the injuries suffered.
- Requirement for future medical expenses and rehabilitation care
- Lost wages and loss of future income due to inability to work in the same industry because of permanent injuries or disabilities
- Non Economic Damages – Pain and suffering compensation including emotional distress and PTSD
: Our attorneys work on contingency fee basis. Meaning that you pay no legal fees until we are successful in recovering for your injuries. You will owe our office nothing unless we are successful in our case. This is part of our no win no fee guarantee.
: If you have any further legal questions and would like to speak with a car accident attorney regarding your injuries contact our law offices toll free (855)385-2529. All consultations regarding your case are completely confidential and free of charge.