Examples of unsafe lane changes include:
- Not Using turn signals when making a lane change
- Making a lane change in an intersection, red light, stop sign or other traffic lights
- Making a lane change at a high speed.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.The Downtown LA law Firm understands the dangers motorist and particularly motorcyclist face during a lane change on Los Angeles and greater California highways. We are here to help.
Common injuries associated with highway motorcycle accidents:Some of the most common injuries resulting from lane change accidents are as follows
- Brain Damage: Traumatic Brain Injury
- Facial Lacerations
- Brain Hemorrhage
- Internal Hemorrhage: Internal organ failure
- Broken and Fractured Burns
- Facial Fractures
- Burn Injuries
- Scrapes Cuts and bruising
Steps that Should Be Taken After a Highway or Surface Street lane Change Accidents
- Make sure you and those around you are safe. The Safety of you and your loved ones is by far most important priority. If you or another person is injured immediately seek medical attention.
- Do not attempt to talk with the other driver or motorcyclists regarding fault or apologies. Any words you may have said can be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries.
- Contact the local police department and report the trucking, motorcycle, or car accident. If you have a trusted personal injury attorney contact him if you have any questions regarding the process.
- If you are not injured and it is safe to do so ask the other driver for their, drivers license, truck registration information, contact information, and insurance documentation. Take down all information. If you have a high resolution camera phone ask the person if it is ok to take pictures of the documents you have asked for.
- Tal to witnesses: If there are witnesses who can testify on your behalf asked them for their contact information.
- Take Pictures and take notes as much as possible of all the damage to your vehicle, as well as the street lights, street address.
- Always be careful who you talk to after a car accident. Always be weary of insurance adjusters as they can use what you have said against you and any chances of just compensation for your accident claim.
Who’s at Fault in Unsafe Lane Change AccidentsAlmost always, the party making the lane change will be at fault for the car accident. Even when a lane change is absolutely necessary in order to avoid an accident, that driver will still be liable for your damages. The bigger issue for your lawyer will be proving that fault. In addition to utilizing all possible evidence at our disposal, we understand that proving your case requires the use of expert testimony, accident reconstructions, and advanced methods in proving your case.
Unsafe Lane Change Accident AttorneyIf you have been involved in a car accident that was a result of the unsafe lane change of another driver, call a personal injury attorney at the Downtown L.A. Law Group. Our team of professionals understand the complexities of handling serious injury cases including:
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Back and neck complications including whiplash, herniated discs and spinal cord injuries
Lane change, or lane merging accidents are an ever growing problem in large and densely populated areas such as Los Angeles. They are a leading cause of serious and debilitating automobile accident damages in the entire state, and account for nearly ten percent of all accidents. These unsafe lane changes can occur in multiple ways, including:
- Two cars driving parallel, and one car makes the lane change
- A car making an illegal turn at an intersection crossing through another lane
- >Driver unintentionally drifts into another lane
- Two cars making a turn (left or right turn) and one vehicle drives into the incorrect lane.
- Driver makes an unsafe lane change, causing another driver to rear-end them
- Failing to properly signal a lane change
Accident Lawyers By Your Side: OUR NO RECOVERY…NO CONTINGENCY FEE PledgeIf you are a victim suffering from an accident or injury in the Bakersfield, we believe that you have suffered enough. We additionally believe that your rights come first, and that every individual deserves proper, adequate, skilled and aggressive representation. It is under this belief that we stand by our policy: “NO RECOVERY…NO CONTINGENCY FEE.” Furthermore, you shouldn’t have to pay to speak to one of our attorneys. If you live in Bakersfield, and you have suffered from any myriad of personal injury claims, your initial consultation is always free.
There are many reasons drivers make unsafe lane changes. Sometimes, a car is driving directly in a automobiles blind spot and is not seen by the driver. Other times, a driver might be distracted, talking on a cell phone or not paying attention, causing an accident with another vehicle. Whatever the cause, these types of accidents can have severe and even debilitating effects on the individuals involved. Exacerbating the issue is that many times, the vehicles making the unsafe lane are large trucks and vehicles that are more susceptible to blind spots or careening into another lane.The attorneys at Downtown L.A are adeptly skilled at handling unsafe lane change accidents. These types of accidents are often disputed by insurance companies, as it is impossible to decipher the fault of the accident without corroborating evidence such as an independent witness or police report. Even when liability is established, our team will be able to procure the maximum amount of coverage, including,
- Past medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your vehicle