Top 10 Causes of Car Accidents
1. SPEEDINGSpeeding is dangerous. When you speed other drivers may not be aware or be able to anticipate driving patterns, making it more likely to be involved in a car accident. Additionally studies have shown that high speed collisions are more likely to cause serious injuries.
2. ROAD DEFECTSRoad defects include pot holes or improperly designed road ways. These can cause injury to drivers. Potholes that are not corrected or filled can cause both property and bodily injury. Other road defects including, not placing center dividers or defectively designed highways can also cause serious accidents. In such cases you have a claim against the county or city. Such claim must be filed within 6 months from the date of the accident. If you have been injured seek medical assistance for your injuries.
3. RUBBERNECKINGRubbernecking is the term used to define looking at other accidents on the road. Drivers who pay attention to other accidents on the road are unaware of surrounding issues. In such cases they can cause rear end collision. It is important to keep your eye on the road in order to avoid potential accidents.
4. TIRE DEFECTSTire defects or blowouts are very dangerous. Un-expecting drivers can be seriously injured. Vehicles can give up control and flip over causing injuries to all vehicles on the road. If your accident was the result of a tire blow out call a product defect attorney. You may have a defective product claim for your injuries. Both the driver of the vehicle that experienced the blowout, passengers and other vehicles involved can have a claim.
5. WEATHER CONDITIONSWeather conditions including, rain, fog, snow, hail or other adverse conditions can be dangerous. Ten minutes after rain roads can become slick due to oil wash-up. It is important to maintain extra caution in these road conditions to avoid injury.
6. INTOXICATED DRIVERSDriving under the influence of any drug or alcohol is a recipe for a dangerous accident it is also against the law. Intoxicated driving is grounds for arrest, suspension of license and other serious consequences. If you have been involved in an accident and the driver was intoxicated, you may be awarded significant compensation. Even if you are un-insured you will be entitled to recover for both economic and non-economic damages.
7. DISTRACTED DRIVERSDistracted drivers are one of the leading causes of accidents. Distracted drivers are those who are busy eating, shaving, applying makeup, texting, speaking on the phone or any other action other than driving. Drivers who are busy changing radio stations or not paying attention to the road can be involved in catastrophic accidents, harming both themselves and surrounding motorist.
8. ANIMAL CROSSINGSCalifornia is blessed with abundant wildlife. Animal crossing accidents account for thousands of auto related injuries each year. Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to accidents involving wild animal on the road. Motorists should always be aware of animal crossing in rural and mountainous streets. Always slow down speeds while driving at night. Motorcyclist should always wear proper safety gear to as to decrease the chances on serious injuries.
9. ROAD DEBRIRoad debri from passing vehicles or dislodged hauls are common reasons for an accident. When a truck driver or a non-commercial vehicle is transporting or hauling a product that ultimately dislodges it can cause havoc on the road. Hauling vehicles or transport vehicles travel at high rates of speed. This causes the attached cargo to travel at equal speeds. When the cargo falls from the truck, drivers are unable to react fast enough. Therefore they end up crashing against the loose cargo causing injury.
10. DRIVER FATIGUEDriver fatigue is essentially a tired driver. This generally applies to truck drivers or who take long drives without breaking. Often times truck drivers have deadlines they need to meet. In order to meet these deadlines they drive for long hours without rest, which can cause serious accidents. Motorist who drives without rest can also cause accidents. When the drive is not properly rested they can have blurred vision, reduced reaction time and can fall asleep behind the wheel. Any one of these can cause an accident.
Related faqs– When Do I Need A Lawyer For A Car Accident? – Which Questions To Ask Lawyer About Car Accident? – How do you decide which lawyer to hire? – What To Ask A Car Accident Lawyer? – How Long do I have to File a Claim After a Car Accident? – How Much Do Car Accident Attorneys Cost? – Can I Sue My Insurance After a Car Accident? – How To Find A Car Accident Attorney? – Can I Sue If I Was Partially at Fault in A Car Accident – Should I Hire An Attorney After A Car Accident?
Useful Resources for car accident victims:
FAQ – Commonly Asked Questions
What Should I Do After A Car Accident?
Auto Accident Statistics
PDF – Legal Guide
Auto Accident Fatalities and California Wrongful Death Lawsuits
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
Car accident Types
– Head-on collision
– Hit and Run accident
– Intersection accident
– Low impact collision
– 3 Car accident
– Rear end collision
– Rollover accident
– Single car accidents
– T-bone accident
– Sideswipe accident
– Side impact accident
– Distracted driving
– Drunk driving
– Uber/Lyft accident
– Uninsured motorist accident
– Highway accident
– Unsafe lane change accident
– Causes of car accidents
– Taxi cab accident
– Drowsy driving
– Unlicensed driver accident
– Elderly driver accident
– Speeding accident
– Parking Gate Arm Attorney
– Parking lot control arm injuries
– Pedestrians Hit By Cars In Parking Lot
– Parking Structure Car Crash Lawsuit
– Defective Product claims
Free Case Review 24/7