On April 26, 2019, Kids II recalled all models of their rocking sleepers. The recall, number 19-112, affects approximately 694,000 products. According to the recall, the baby sleepers can be hazardous after infants roll from their back onto their stomach while unrestrained (or under other circumstances). Since 2012, there have been 5 reported infant deaths. In these 5 deaths, the infant rolled from their back onto their stomach, suffocating. The recalled products were sold from March 2012 to April 26, 2019 for approximately $40 to $80 at major retailers throughout the U.S., including Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys “R” Us; the baby sleepers were also sold online. The recall includes the sleepers listed below and all their cloth compartments (the list includes style numbers and product names respectively):
- 60635 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Seneca
- 60600 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Winslow
- 60401 Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper Playful Pinwheels
- 60331 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lamb
- 60328 Disney Baby/Bright Starts Bows & Butterflies Sleeper Minnie Mouse
- 60327 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Deluxe Emerson
- 60163 Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper
- 60131 Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Sleeper
- 60130 Taggies Snuggle Me Sleeper Nestling Vine
- 12115 Automatic Rock N Soothe Sleeper – Nolan – Display
- 11962 Automatic Rock ‘n Soothe Sleeper – Flora the Unicorn
- 11895 Bright Starts ROCKING SLEEPER – EVENING SAFARI
- 11894 Bright Starts ROCKING SLEEPER – JUNGLE GARDEN
- 11792 Automatic Rock ‘n Soothe Sleeper – Nolan
- 11714 DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper – Anders
- 11429 Ingenuity Dream Comfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper Braden
- 11357 Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper DAYTON
- 11171 Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper SUNNY SNUGGLES
- 11164 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Lullaby Lion
- 11063 Rock n’ Soothe Sleeper – Moxley
- 11022 Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Rocking Sleeper Jungle Blooms
- 11021 Bright Starts Rocking Sleeper Jungle Bursts
- 10890 DreamComfort Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper – Addington
- 10888 DreamComfort Automatic Rocking Sleeper – Whitley
- 10872 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Zoo Zoo Zebra
- 10729 Bright Starts Toucan Tango Rocking Sleeper
- 10568 Ingenuity Soothing Light Rocking Sleeper Vesper
- 10380 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Lion
- 10320 Automatic Rock ‘N Soothe Sleeper – Cuddle Lamb
- 10292 Ingenuity Rock N’ Soothe Sleeper Dayton
- 10289 Ingenuity Smartrock Poweradapt Sleeper Cambridge
- 10178 Bright Starts Pretty In Pink Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper
- 10148 Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper Cuddle Giraffe
- 10127 Ingenuity Rock And Dream Sleeper Lucy
- 10126 Rock & Dream Sleeper – Iggy
- 10081 Bright Starts Playtime To Bedtime Rocking Sleeper
The recall recommends that all consumers who own the sleepers included in the recall to immediately stop using the product and contact the company for either a refund or a voucher. Was your infant child affected by any of the defective baby sleepers included in the recall issued by Kids II? Did your baby die? Did your baby suffer permanent brain damage? Regardless of the specific circumstances surrounding the harm suffered due to the defective baby sleepers, you might have grounds to pursue a claim against the party liable for the damages suffered. If you would like to learn more about the possibility of taking legal action against the party or entity liable for the harm caused by the defective baby sleepers, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. If you are in need of a lawyer with experience handling claims arising from dangerous products, do not hesitate to contact Downtown L.A. Law Group as soon as possible. Downtown L.A. Law Group is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling a variety of claims, including both defective product claims (product liability claims) and wrongful death claims, for example. At Downtown L.A. Law Group, we understand that there is nothing more devastating than losing a baby or seeing your baby suffer permanent harm due to a product – a product that is supposed to be safe for use. The experienced attorneys at our law firm are ready to evaluate your claim and provide you with the guidance that you need to pursue a claim against the liable party. We understand the difficulties that you and your family are going through, and we are committed to helping you recover the compensation that you deserve.
The Dangers of Rocking Sleepers
Anywhere from 3,500 to 4,000 babies die every year in the U.S. due to causes surrounding baby sleepers. According to the recall and other reports of infant fatalities, deaths occur after babies roll over onto their stomachs while on the sleepers. This results in suffocation. Without a doubt, suffocation can be fatal – babies can lose their lives in a matter of minutes. However, some infants survive these incidents and are left with permanent brain damage. If you knew the risk of your baby dying or suffering a permanent brain injury that would severely affect his or her quality of life, would you continue using the baby sleepers? Unfortunately, many parents do not realize the risk of serious harm until it is too late. If your baby died or suffered a permanent brain injury due to an incident directly related to the Kids II rocking sleepers that were recently recalled, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Our attorneys are ready to represent you and ensure that you are rightfully compensated.
Liability for the Damages Caused by Dangerous Products
Who is liable for the damages caused by defective or dangerous products? Who is liable for the damages caused by a defective or dangerous product? All companies have a specific duty of care to their consumers. They must ensure that their products are safe for use prior to making them available for consumers. What does this mean? The company must thoroughly inspect products to identify and address hazards that could potentially harm their consumers. Because Kids II failed to address the dangers surrounding their baby sleepers, they can likely be held accountable for the damages resulting from their products. If you would like to learn more about establishing liability for the damages caused by the baby sleepers, do not hesitate to contact the experts at our law firm at your earliest convenience.
Learn more about your legal options: call (855) 339-8879 with a representative now.
Do You Have the Right to Take Action?
If your baby was harmed in any way due to the hazardous baby sleepers made available by Kids II, you likely have grounds to pursue a claim against the company. The specific action that you are eligible to take depends on the details of the incident that harmed your baby. If your child died or suffered permanent injuries due to the baby sleepers, you might have the following options in terms of taking action:
- File a product liability claim: if your baby suffered permanent injuries, such as permanent brain damage, after rolling over onto his/her stomach and suffocating for some time, you could file a product liability claim. You could pursue a claim for the permanent harm that your child suffered due to the product. The company will likely be liable for the harm suffered due to their dangerous product.
- File a wrongful death claim: if your baby lost his or her life after rolling over and suffocating, you could file a wrongful death claim. You could pursue a claim for the death of your child and for the damages caused by the death of your child.
- File a class action lawsuit: since multiple infants lost their lives (or suffered injuries), it is possible that many plaintiffs could come together to pursue a class action lawsuit against the company.
If you would like to learn more about the different options available to you after your baby was harmed by a rocking sleeper, do not hesitate to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
– Fisher-Price Recalls Baby Sleepers – Fatalities Reported
Understanding Your Right to Recover Compensation
Without a doubt, you might be eligible to recover compensation for your claim – regardless of whether you pursue a product liability claim, a wrongful death claim, or a class action lawsuit. Depending on the specific details of your claim, you might have grounds to recover many different types of compensation. Regardless of what you are eligible to recover, you could trust that the knowledgeable attorneys at our law firm will aggressively fight for your right to recover the highest amount of compensation available for your claim. We know that no amount of monetary compensation could replace the health and wellbeing of your child. No amount of compensation could bring your infant back to life. For us, however, helping you recover monetary compensation is equivalent to helping you move forward with your life. You and your family deserve to be rightfully compensated.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form or call (855) 339-8879 today.
Taking Action after being affected by a Dangerous Baby Sleeper
Filing a claim might be the last thing on your mind after the sudden loss of your child (or the sudden permanent injuries to your child). However, there are a few things that all parents/caretakers should do to ensure that they could pursue a claim at a later time. Consider the following recommended steps:
- Seek professional evaluation to ensure that it is clear that the harm suffered (death or injuries) was caused by the sleeper.
- Contact Kids II to report the harm suffered; however, you should avoid providing them with any information that they might use against you and your claim.
- Do not accept any offers for refunds.
- Do not send the sleeper back to the company.
- Do not sign any documents without discussing your situation with an attorney.
- Seek legal assistance as soon as possible to begin your legal process.
Seek Legal Assistance
If you are ready to discuss your current situation with the experts at Downtown L.A. Law Group, do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible. Our experts are available to evaluate your claim and provide you with the assistance that you need to file a successful claim. We understand the trauma associated with losing a child or seeing your child living with a permanent brain injury; you can be certain that our experts will fight for you until the end. When you contact our law firm, you could benefit from our free consultations or free second opinions. During these free legal services, you will have access to all the information that you need to begin or continue your claim. Our free legal services are available through our Zero-Fee guarantee; you will never be required to pay any upfront legal expenses. Our firm is also based on contingency; you will not be required to pay anything until you win. If you would like to discuss the possibility of pursuing a claim with our attorneys, do not hesitate to contact our law firm today.