The 4seasong folding lounge chairs sold in Ross stores across the country have been recalled due to a heightened risk of falls resulting in severe injury to users
. According the Consumer Product Safety Commission the chairs can tip over or recline quickly. Approximately 3,200 chairs have been recalled. So far authorities have received five reports of falls taking place in Ross stores resulting in minor injuries.
Filing a Defective Product Lawsuit – Winning Your Case In the Court of Law
Generally there are several ways a defective product cases can be proven in the court of law.
(1) Defect in the original design of the product.
(2) Defective resulting from faulty manufacturing process of the consumer item.
(3) Defect in labeling – failure to warn of the chairs proper use or known dangers associated with the use of the consumer item
Compensation Available for Victims
Individuals who have suffered severe injuries due to the use of a defective product are entitled to compensation for all harms suffered. Specific categories of harm compensable in personal injury cases include the following…
- All medical expenses.
- All future medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Emotional trauma – including pain and suffering.
- Economic Damages – including loss of property, loss of income and future loss of earnings.
- Punitive damages – in some cases courts will awards punitive damages when the at fault party acted with either the malice intent to cause harm of acted in reckless disregard for the life and health consumers. For example; is the manufacturer knew of the dangerous nature of the defect but decided not to recall the item in a timely manner.
– Chair collapse Injury Lawyer
– Broken Chair Personal Injury Lawyer
Attorney Consultation Available
If you have any further legal questions regarding the filing of a lawsuit for injuries suffered due to a defective chair
feel free to contact our law offices. All legal consultations regarding your case are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
Gibson Office Chair Recall
CPSC – Recall Information