The Consumer Product Safety Commission has issues a recall of Zip lines produced by ZLP manufacturing. According to the recall information there are over 2,000 potentially defective zip lines which can cause serious harm to consumers. The trolley is the color yellow, has triangular side plates with the words ZLP Hornet on the plates. “The yellow side plates are held together by a T-shaped retaining pin. The pin can be released by pushing a blue push-button on the end of the pin.” See more here. So far there have been two reports of malfunctioning zip lines an no reported injuries. However in many instances incidents involving injuries cause by the use of defective consumer products are not reported. Defective Product Law Firm: Our personal injury law firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals who have suffered egregious harm due to the use of defective consumer products. We are currently investigating claims against the manufacturers of defective Zip Lines resulting in significant injuries.
Filing a Defective Product Lawsuit – Zip Line Defect Injury ClaimsDefective product claims are often difficult to prove in the court of law. Generally there are three ways in which an injured party van be successful in pursuing a claim against manufacturers. 1. Defect in the Design of the Product. 2. Defect in the Manufacturing Process of the Equipment. 3. Failure to War – Labeling Defect: Failure to warn consumers of known or knowable harms reasonably ascertained to result in significant injuries. Compensation Available For Victims: Victims of harm due negligent or harmful acts of others are entitled to compensation under the law. Type of harm compensable in product liability cases are as follows…
- Recovery for all medical costs including future medical and rehabilitation care.
- Cost of nursing or home care as a result of future disability resulting from the injuries suffered.
- Economic Damage Compensation – loss of wages, salary, earning capacity.
- Non-Economic Damage – including pain and suffering as well as mental anguish.
- Punitive Damages – in defective product claims punitive damages are awarded when the at fault party acted with either the intent to cause harm or knew that its products were substantially likely to cause serious harm to consumers.