Traumatic Stress Caused By a Dog Bite CasePost traumatic stress after a dog bite is a real issue, which can require intensive counseling and therapy to correct. You may need to see therapist for a sustained period of time, before the issue is fully resolved. Many believe that this fear is only limited to animals, but recent cases have shown that it can be a much greater fear. In fact you can suffer from general anxiety not only from animals, but from people as well. This fear, in some cases, can be so serious that it will debilitate the injured party. Often times they will be left completely incapable of human interaction for long periods of time. In milder cases, once animals loving people, can suffer from frightening anxiety and night terrors from being attacked by animals. These mental manifestations or fear like symptoms can leave you frustrated and confused. If the injured party keeps pets in the home, they may be required to surrender or give away the pets for fear of being around them. This can leave them depressed and saddened. Mental anguish is a recoverable component of your claim. You are permitted to file for damages for the mental distress caused by the bite. Insurance companies are required to cover for these types of damages and provide money compensation for treatment and distress. However, because many firms are unaware how this element of damages works, they fail to account for it or attempt to recover for it. It is important that you make sure you seek treatment if you have suffered any symptoms of post traumatic stress disorder after a dog bite.
Symptoms Post Traumatic Stress After a Dog Bite
- Here are some general symptoms which can occur after a dog bite attack.
- Night terrors or nightmares
- High levels of anxiety
- Physical manifestations including headaches and the inability to sleep
- Lack of emotional response
- Feeling of detachment
- General avoidance of activities
- Avoiding others including family and friends
- Increased energy or hyper paranoia
Find out more about how we can help you. CHAT LIVE with a representative now.
Check Also– What to do after a dog bite?
– Los Angeles Dog Bite Laws
– Psychological damages after a dog bite
– Pain and suffering compensation
– Common Bodily and Emotional Dog Bite Injuries
– PTSD Dog Bite Lawsuit
– Numbness After a Dog Bite
– Beverly Hills Dog Bite Lawyer
– Value of a Dog Bite Injury Claim
– Riverside county dog bite laws
– Puncture Wounds from Dog Bites
– Statute of Limitations Dog Bite Injury
– Infections from Dog Bites