- Slip and falls: spills, leaks, slippery surfaces, and any sort of wet floors could contribute to slip and fall accidents in buses.
- Trip and falls: uneven surfaces, torn carpeting, sudden changes in flooring, and steps could all contribute to trip and fall accidents in buses. Bags and other personal belongings that are left on the floor could also contribute to trip and fall accidents.
- Falling objects: personal belongings in overhead storage bins could fall out and onto an unsuspecting passenger. The doors on the overhead storage bins could also suddenly fall onto seated passengers or passengers walking by. Metal overhead handle bars could also suddenly fall onto passengers.
- Broken seats: seats could suddenly collapse under passengers, both as they are trying to take a seat and after they have already been seated for some time.
- Defective doors: defective doors could suddenly close as unsuspecting parties are entering or exiting the tour bus.
Liability for Incidents in Tour BusesGambling tour buses are common carriers because they transport people in exchange for a fee. As common carriers, gambling tour buses must do many things, which include providing a safe vehicle for passengers, warning passengers of any known dangers, and protecting passengers from harm, for example. If an incident occurs, bus drivers and bus companies could be found liable. Liability is based on negligence. If there is a clear duty of care that was breached, resulting in an incident that directly resulted in harm, liability could be established on the basis of negligence. Defective or old equipment and poor maintenance/serving, for example, both represent a breached duty of care that could directly harm innocent parties. If you were harmed as a result of a hazard present on the gambling tour bus, you might be able to establish liability. This means that you might also have grounds to sue. For more information about gambling tour bus incident liability and your right to sue, do not hesitate to contact our law firm at your earliest convenience.
You Could Recover CompensationIf you decide to file a claim, you might have grounds to fight for the right to recover compensation. Specifically you could recover compensation for some of the following:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs
- Punitive damages
What Should You Do after Your Incident?To preserve the right to take legal action for the harm that you suffered, it is essential that you follow the appropriate steps immediately after suffering any harm. Consider the following points:
- Take photos of all the injuries you sustained
- Take photos of the hazard that caused your incident
- Report the incident to the driver and to the gambling tour bus company
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Do not accept any sort of reimbursement from the bus company
- Gather witness contact information
- Gather all medical records
- Seek legal assistance immediately