Bus Accidents are more frequent than most people believe. According to research published by the United States Department of Transportation there are an estimated 11,000 roadway collisions involving private and public transportation buses in the United States resulting in more than 22,000 serious injuries and hundreds of deaths. There are numerous causes of bus accidents; a detailed list of some o the most common causes of bus accident in the United States is provided below. For further questions regarding your legal right to compensation for your injuries visit our bus accident main page.
The most common causes of bus accidents are:
- Bus Driver Error
- Defective Roads / Dangerous roadways
- Defective manufacturing of Vehicle
- Negligent Driving
- Failure to Properly Maintain Vehicle
- Poor weather conditions/visibility
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Bus Driver Error:
The chief cause of accidents and severe injuries on board public buses is bus operator errors. In many instances but operators fail to properly inspect the vehicle before commencing driving resulting in individual occupant on board the bus being flung from their positions. In other instances bus drivers drive in a negligent manner resulting in collisions with other vehicles on the road. In such instances the party at fault is not only the bus driver but the company (including public entities including city and state governments) he works for. The bus operators can be held responsible for the actions of their employees during the course of their occupation.
– Dangerous Roads: large vehicles including public buses are specially susceptible to dangerous road conditions created by defectively designed and or maintained roads. In many instances road construction crews fail to provide for proper measures required to maintain the safety of the roads. States and federal agencies who are charged with the proper maintenance of public roads may be held liable.
Defective manufacturing of Vehicle:
A vehicle can be defective in numerous ways including, Defective Tires resulting in tire blowouts and rollovers, defective brakes, defective bus doors resulting in injuries to passengers, and defective lighting and electrical systems resulting in electrocutions and slip and fall accidents.
To speak with a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer, call (888) 649-7166.
There are several ways a plaintiff’s attorney representing injured victim can prove the existence of a defect in a product liability cause of action including:
(1) Defect in the design of the vehicle or the auto part
(2) Defect in the manufacturing of the product
(3) Defective in the labeling: also known as failure to war of dangerous conduction on board a bus.
Bus Accident Guide
– Bus Accident
– Common Causes of a Bus Accident
– Bus Accident FAQ
– Value of a Bus Accident Lawsuit
– How to File a Bus Accident Claim
– Who can I sue?
– Statute of Limitations
– Statute of Limitations – School Injury
– School Bus Accident
– Bus Tow Truck Accident
– Prison Bus Accident
– Hit and Run Bus Accident
– Charter Bus Accident
– Airport Shuttle Bus Accident
– Tour Bus Accident Attorney
– Greyhound Bus Accident
– Bus Passenger Injury Attorney
– Bus Stop Accident Attorney
– Wheelchair Bus Lift Accidents
– Bus Door Accident Injuries
– Bus Accident with Bicycle Attorney
– Bus Pedestrian Accident
Other Common Causes of Accident and Serious injuries on board buses are as follows:
- Climactic Conditions – Rain, Heavy Winds, Slippery Roads,
- Negligent Driving by other Vehicles on the Road
- Failure to Properly Maintain Vehicle by the bus line operators/owners
- Buses Driver Swerving to dodge items or other vehicles in the road resulting in buses tipping over