Electric Power Winches are helpful tools used in multiple industries including construction, fishing, tow trucking and transportation, and logging. However in many instances due to poor maintenance or faulty manufacturing electric power winches result in serious injuries to individuals. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries or your have experienced a fatality in your family due to a power winch contact our defective product injury Law Firm.
Common injuries Associated with Power Winch Accidents
- Traumatic brain injury
- Degloving of the hands
- Facial Laceration and permanent scarring
- Broken limbs
- Amputation of the limbs and fingers
- Permanent nerve damage
- Spinal Contusion and Spinal Cord Damage
- Ocular Injuries – Loss of vision (eyesight)
Wincing is a dangerous activity there are certain safety precautions which should be put into place before the use of a winch including, checking the cable for any frays and kinks and replacing it, use heavy duty gloves during operation of a winch, and read the user manual of any winch. Even when all safety precautions are put into place serious injuries during the use of an electric power winch may take place due to the defective nature of the product. More information on power winch safety here
Filing a Defective Product Claim:
Individuals who have sustained serious injuries due to a defective power tool are entitled to monetary compensation from all at fault parties including manufacturers of the product. Filing a defective product claim can be a challenging process. Generally there are three interrelated causes of action available in a product liability case.
- Labeling Defect: A product can be defective if its manufacturers fail to properly warn consumers of the dangers associated with its use.
- Design Defect: A product can be defectively designed if its manufacturers had pre-warned knowledge of the existence of an alternative and less dangerous design but failed to implement it into the production phase.
- Manufacturing Defect: A product can be defective when the final produced and distributed item is markedly different and as a result more dangerous than its intended design.
There are numerous types of winches which can be deemed defective including, electrical, mechanical capstan, hydraulic drum winch, mechanical hand operated winch, vehicle mounted power winches, and winches used onboard fishing vessels and other boats. For More information in Product Liability Claims visit this page
Compensation for Your Injuries:
Victims of defective products are entitled to compensation for the damages they have sustained. A calculation of the value of a winch accident lawsuit will depend on several factors including
- The extent of injuries suffered
- Requirement of hospitalization and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Pain and suffering including emotional damages
To schedule a free case evaluation of your claim contact our Personal Injury Law Firm. (888) 649-7166