Electric Power Winches are helpful tools used in multiple industries including construction, fishing, tow trucking and transportation, and logging. However in many instances due to poor maintenance or faulty manufacturing electric power winches result in serious injuries to individuals. If you or a loved one have suffered serious injuries or your have experienced a fatality in your family due to a power winch contact our defective product injury Law Firm. Common injuries Associated with Power Winch Accidents:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Degloving of the hands
- Facial Laceration and permanent scarring
- Broken limbs
- Amputation of the limbs and fingers
- Permanent nerve damage
- Spinal Contusion and Spinal Cord Damage
- Ocular Injuries – Loss of vision (eyesight)
Filing a Defective Product Claim:Individuals who have sustained serious injuries due to a defective power tool are entitled to monetary compensation from all at fault parties including manufacturers of the product. Filing a defective product claim can be a challenging process. Generally there are three interrelated causes of action available in a product liability case.
- Labeling Defect: A product can be defective if its manufacturers fail to properly warn consumers of the dangers associated with its use.
- Design Defect: A product can be defectively designed if its manufacturers had pre-warned knowledge of the existence of an alternative and less dangerous design but failed to implement it into the production phase.
- Manufacturing Defect: A product can be defective when the final produced and distributed item is markedly different and as a result more dangerous than its intended design.
- The extent of injuries suffered
- Requirement of hospitalization and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Pain and suffering including emotional damages