Drivers of cars, truck, buses, public transportation vehicles, and recreational vehicles have the duty to drive carefully and abide by safety precautions to protect their passengers. Many passengers believe they have to right to compensation if the driver of the car they were riding in was the negligent party. NOT TRUE. Sometimes injured parties don’t want to file claims and lawsuits against their friends. However, if the driver has auto insurance then the recovery for your injuries will come from his insurance company. When the driver of the other vehicle is at fault: If the driver of the other vehicle is at fault then a passenger is able to file a claim against the other driver and his insurance company for the injuries incurred.
Common Injuries associated with passengers in auto accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Severe Facial Lacerations
- Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement
- Broken Limbs
- Separated Should
- Spinal Cord Damage
- Hemorrhaging of the Brain
- Internal Bleeding
- Organ Damage
Remember: Even if you were a passenger in the car that caused the accident, you can recover damages. Below are some of the losses you can recover
- Medical Expenses: including hospital bills, emergency room costs, doctor visits and appointments.
- Future Medical Expenses: including treatment and recuperation costs, physical therapy costs, and future medication costs.
- Current and future Lost Wages: Including loss of earning capacity, current income lost due to inability to work.
- Pain and Suffering: including mental distress, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), loss of consortium
- Property damage: Including you vehicle, and other goods destroyed or damaged in the accident.
- Punitive Damages: Chiefly against insurance providers for failure to pay for your damages:
Passengers Ejections if Traffic Accident:
One of the chief concerns of passengers involved in traffic accidents is ejections from the car they are riding in. Such occurrence can lead to catastrophic injuries and death. Below are some of the most common cause’s occupant ejections.
- Failure to wear seatbelts
- Seatbelt Malfunction
- Defective Door handles
- Rollover Accidents: SUV, Light Trucks
- Defective windshields
WHY CHOOSE US: Downtown LA Law Group for a Free Consultation
We understand that a serious injury or a death of a family member is tragedy for all loved ones. We offer our skilled Los Angles Auto Injury Lawyers to represent you in your case. We possess the knowledge and determination to maximize the compensation for your injuries you deserve. If you have been injured is a Los Angeles Automobile accident or any other Traffic related accident involving a teenage contact our collision hotline (888) 649-7166; a lawyer will provide you with a free consultation regarding your matter. Remember: No Fees Unless We Win We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis. If we take your case we will not charge any legal fees unless we recover for you. In the off chance that we represent you, but do not recover compensation, you will not be responsible for our costs or services.