Breaking Bad Habits of Lawyers
How common is it for attorneys to mistreat clients?Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for attorneys to mistreat their clients, especially if they have numerous clients at a time. For example, many personal injury lawyers will simply sign on as many cases as possible in a short period and devote the minimum amount of effort to each case. They do not get acquainted with their clients and they try to rush settlements from the insurance company. They do this because they want to take a cut of the settlement, and they want to get paid fast. Therefore, instead of fighting for a long time to get a large amount of money, they will simply burn through numerous cases. This does not serve anyone but the lawyers and the insurance companies. For one, the lawyers get paid more than what they should, and the insurance agency saves money. Clients, on the other hand, are given the short end of the stick, and the settlement may not even cover the necessary expenses. It is generally an act of bad faith or ethics to devote any time to a claim and to try and rush a client without giving him what he needs.
Why is my lawyer taking too long to settle my case?A common question that people ask concerns the length of time to settle a case. They say things like:
- Why is my attorney taking too much time to settle my injury case?
- Why is my attorney taking too much time to settle my accident case?
- Why is my lawyer taking too much time to settle my car accident case?
Why is my lawyer ignoring me?Clients will often call us with questions like:
- Why is my lawyer ignoring my emails?
- Why is my lawyer ignoring my phone calls?
- Why is my lawyer ignoring my messages?
What should I expect from a demand letter?With respect to demand letters and the lawsuits themselves, individuals often ask us these types of questions:
- How long should it take for my attorney to send out a demand letter?
- What if my lawyer is not asking for enough in a demand letter?
- Why has my lawyer not filed a lawsuit?
- Why doesn’t my lawyer want to file a lawsuit on my case?
What if I don’t like the settlement offer?If you don’t like the settlement offer, you can simply reject it. The true mark of an attorney comes from how he handles the negotiation process. If the insurance agent makes a small offer that both you and your attorney now will not cut it, yet your lawyer pressures you to accept it, he could simply be out to get paid and not care for your rightful compensation. You have every right to reject a settlement offer and request your lawyer to work toward a fairer deal. If he refuses or claims that this is the highest amount you can get, you should be dubious and perhaps search out the advice of another attorney for a second opinion.
Can I switch my lawyer if I’m not happy with him?Yes, you can switch attorneys if you’re not happy with your current representation. This may be a hassle, though, if you are in the middle of a lawsuit. You will need to request your file and all related documents, and your attorney may not send them in a timely fashion. This could cause you to be late on deadlines or miss them altogether. Key evidence could also be missing and certain portions of the evidence could be damaged or corrupted in transportation. You should always request copies of all documents as soon as they are signed or submitted so that you do not have to worry about originals getting lost. In dire circumstances, you can request assistance from the state bar association.
How can I avoid working with a bad lawyer?To avoid working with a bad lawyer, you should do ample research ahead of time. You can search various websites for reviews and case settlements, and you can look up the details of each attorney on the bar association’s website and Avvo. It is also important that you meet with an attorney before signing up with the firm. A face to face meeting can help you determine if you mesh well with the attorney. If he tries to pressure you into signing up or promises you an amount of money you believe is unrealistic, it is likely best for you to walk away.
Can I get my case re-evaluated?You can get your case re-evaluated or undergo a free second opinion if you wish. It is in your best interest to get multiple pieces of input on the case, actually, to best determine the range of compensation you may be able to earn. If you want to determine if your case is worth a certain amount and if your attorney is misrepresenting you, or if you believe you may a have malpractice case against the lawyer, you could contact our law firm for more assistance. We will tell you the truth about your current situation and firm you’re working with, and whether or not we believe your lawyer is doing all he can to benefit you and your case.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.
Our Firm’s PromiseThe Downtown LA Law Group is known for its expert team of attorneys, high case settlements, 5-star reviews, and history of success. We have decades of combined experience in the law world and we know numerous strategies to winning cases. If we need to go to court to win your case, we will do so. For a free second opinion on your claim, you are welcome to call our law firm today. You may want to receive a free legal consultation as well. All of the personal details you give us and case information you disclose will be kept totally confidential. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You should not be exposed to poor legal representation. Further, if you hire us, we will give you our zero fee guarantee. This is a promise that you won’t have to spend a dime of your own savings on the case. We will cover all the costs, from filing documents to hiring witnesses, and if we win, our payment comes from the settlement we bring you or the verdict awarded. If we lose, we do not take anything from you at all and you can walk away owing nothing to our firm. For the best assistance available for your case, or to learn if your current lawyer is misrepresenting you, contact the Downtown LA Law Group.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Recall Lawsuits
– Recall Lawsuits
– Product Liability/Defective Products
– 2011 Subaru Outback Recall Notice
– Saturn Aura Lawsuit
– GM Cobalt Ignition Switch Defect Lawsuit
– Porsche GT Recall Lawsuit
– Ford Airbag Class Action Lawsuit
– Fuel Hose Recall Lawsuit
– Cane Creek Bicycle Shock Recall
– Takata Airbag Class Action Lawsuit
– Zip Line Defect Prompts Recall
– Toyota FJ Cruiser Recall
– Chevy Cobalt Air Bag Failure Lawsuit
– All Terrain Vehicle Injuries
– Off-Highway Vehicles Crash Hazard
– TerraTrike Recalls
– Polaris Ranger Recall
– Bair Hugger Blankets Recall
– Failure to Deploy Airbag in Defective Car
– Seat Back Failures in Vehicles
– Defective Child Safety Seats
– Bicycle Defects Cause Serious Injuries
– Jet Ski Defect Attorney
– Fireplace Recall
– Recall for Home Elevators
– Trampoline Recall
– Trampoline Recalled Due to Fall and Injury Risk
– Ross Folding Lounge Chair Recall
– Coby Flat Screen TV Recall
– Rocky Brand Steel-Toe Shoes Recall
– Xtreme Climbing Sticks Recalls
– Fisher-Price Recalls Baby Sleepers
– Dorel Juvenile Group Recalls Baby Sleepers
– Recall of Dick’s Sporting Goods’
– Bed Handle Recall Injury Lawsuit
– Kids II Recalls Rocking Sleepers
– Restoration Hardware Recalls
– Blackhawk Firearm Holsters Recall
Free Case Review 24/7