Helmets are designed to protect a wearers head from a traumatic brain injury. They are designed to absorb the impact of an accident and maintain their structure thus preventing greater harm to the brain
. There are many different types of helmets that are used by us every day including,
- Motorcycle Helmets
- Firemen and Police helmets
- Football and other sports related helmets
- Bicycle helmets
- Construction site helmets; hard hats
- Welding Protective helmets
- Equestrian horse riding helmets
- Miner helmets
Unfortunately many helmets manufacture helmets which fail to protect a victim head because of wither a defective design or a defect in the manufacturing process. If you have sustained injures as a result of a defective helmet contact our Los Angeles Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
What should I do after a Motorcycle Accident if I believe my helmet was defective?
Construction site hardhat defects:
- Always take care of your well being: If injured seek medical attention as soon as possible. The quicker you seek medical representation the greater the chance of recovery.
- Document where the helmet was with respect to where you where you were after the accident. If you have a camera take pictures of the placement of the helmet.
- If the helmet has cracked open take pictures, and gather the fallen pieces.
- Do not destroy or throw out your helmet.
- Do not alter the helmet in any way including the helmet buckle
- If there are any witnesses attempt to get their information including their names and addresses
- Keep all your medical records
- Don not speak to an insurance adjuster until you have spoken to a personal injury attorney
Hardhats must meet specific OSHA guidelines for construction site employees. Hard hats require a hard outer shell as well protective shock absorbing lining. Hardhats are divided into different classes that must meet specific safety criteria.
- Class A Hardhats: These are required for general services providing adequate but limited protection. Such hardhats are used in mining operations, the lumber industry, and manufacturing.
- Class B Hardhats: Used by electricians providing protection against electrical shock. Class B hardhats also provide protection against falling objects.
- Class C hardhats: Lightweight protective helmets providing only limited protection. Are only protective against a limited range of accidents.
Hardhats can experience wear and tear as well as manufacturing defects. If defects or wear and tear are found hardhats should be disposes and replaced. Often employers deny replacement hardhats to employees resulting unsafe work environments and serious head trauma injuries.
What compensation can I receive for injuries due to a defective helmet?
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs, including those incurred in the emergency room, hospital visits, doctor visits, MRI testing facility, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, or any other treating professional that was necessitated as a result of your injury.
Selecting the Right Legal Representation:
- Future Medical Expenses: Unfortunately, the effects of a car accident can often be felt for months, years, or even a lifetime after the injury occurred. We will work with doctors and other medical specialist to establish the full amount of any future medical expenses to make sure you are adequately compensated for these damages.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost. Even if you were unemployed before the accident a Personal Injury Lawyer may be able to procure lost wages damages by demonstrating what you could have earned but for your herniated disc injury.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of car accidents are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim of herniated disc injury can further be compensated for mental suffering that could include fright, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief or feelings of distress.
- Property Damage: Our attorneys will make sure that you receive the full value for all your property damage.
It is important for your attorney understands the extent of your Brain Injury and employs the proper experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the compensation you are owed.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our attorneys can help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
: It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys regarding your claim: (855) DT-LA-LAW