Fujifilm, a prominent company in photography technologies, was established with the goal of creating leading technology for the community. Fujifilm has provided the community with exceptional products for many years. However, Fujifilm has recently recalled approximately 270,000 power adapter wall plugs for their digital cameras. The AC-5VF power adapter was sold with the following Fujifilm camera models:
Can I file a Lawsuit?If you were injured because of Fujifilm’s defective power adapter, you could file a lawsuit for your injuries. Since there are a few causes of actions available in lawsuits for defective products, you will need to speak with our attorneys for information on the cause of action that would be most beneficial to your claim. The most common cause of action is product liability. In a product liability claim, there must be one of the following:
- A defect in the product design
- A defect in the process of manufacturing the product
- A labeling defect
Available Compensation for your Electric Shock LawsuitIf you suffered injuries because of a company’s defective product, you might be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries if you file a defective product claim. Below, you will find a description of the different types of compensation that you might be eligible to receive:
- Medical expenses—this includes all medical bills acquired because of the injury caused by the defective product. You will be compensated for the costs of the medical attention you have already received as well as the medical attention that you will need in the future.
- Lost wages—in some cases, the victim’s injuries result in the victim being unable to work for a time. The victim might be unable to work temporarily or even permanently if the injuries are severe. If you are left unable to work, you will likely receive compensation for the total time you were unable to earn wages after your injury. If you are projected to be unable to work for a longer time, the amount of compensation you receive will be based on your wage history and projected earnings.
- Property damage—in some cases, the defective product can cause property damage in addition to physical injuries. If the defective power adapter caused an electrical fire in your home, you might be eligible to receive compensation for the property that was damaged.
- Pain and suffering—you might be able to receive compensation for the mental and emotional distressed caused by your injuries Some victims might be left with depression, anxiety, fear, and post-traumatic stress after a life-changing injury.
- Punitive damages—punitive damage is not a common form of compensation. If an attorney can prove that a company knew or should have known of the risk of injury to consumers and manufactured and distributed the product regardless of that knowledge, a lawsuit might result in punitive damage.
What Should You do to Prepare for a Defective Product Claim?When you come across a defective product, your first instinct might be to contact the company for a replacement. In fact, Fujifilm’s power adapter recall urged those with the defective power adapter to return the product for a replacement. Although this seems to be practical, it can be counterproductive if you are interested in filing a lawsuit. If you were injured by Fujifilm’s defective power adapters, you must take the following steps to ensure you can file a defective product claim:
- Do not return the item to the manufacturer for a replacement or a refund.
- Do not try to fix the product yourself.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Keep records of all receipts and documentation.