Every year approximately 10,000 individuals suffer serious injuries requiring emergency room visits and hospitalizations due to the use of faulty gardening equipment including weed whackers, grass trimmers and leaf blowers. A list of some of the most recent grass trimmers and weed whackers recalled due to the risk of serious injuries include
- Husqvarna grass and hedge trimmer recall due to fire hazard.
- Black & Decker trimmers/edgers due recalled to laceration hazard from projectiles.
- Hitachi Koki – Grass trimmer due to fire and burn hazard.
Some basic precautions that should be taken when using a grass trimmer include, reading the manual fully before operational use, not wearing loose clothing, not attempting to cut grass on a steep slope, and not using such devices in ground that contains loose rocks.
Wining a Defect Product Case in the Court of Laws – Lawsuit Against Manufacturers of Defective Grass Cutters
: Defective product cases
can be a challenging task for attorneys who lack the qualification and experience to handle such matters. Generally speaking there are three essential road maps that can be used to prove the existence of a defect in a consumer product including gardening tools.
1. Defect arising from faulty research and design of the tool.
2. Defect due an issue during the manufacturing phase of the product.
3. Defect in labeling, or failure to properly warn dangers associated with the use of the product.
Compensation Available in the Court of Law for Injuries Sustained:
Victims of serious injuries due to the negligent and or wrongful acts of others are entitled to financial recovery of all damages and harms sustained. An estimation of the compensation available for victims of defective products is predicated on several important factors.
1. The type of injury sustained.
2. Calculation of current and future medical and rehabilitation costs.
3. Calculation of non-economic damages – including pain and suffering.
4. Other economic damages including lost wages and loss of future income and earning capacity.
Cost of Legal Representation
: Personal injury claims are taken on by our law form in a contingency fee basis. This means that our clients do not have to pay for any of their legal fees out of pocket until their claim is fully and justly settled.
: If you have any further questions regarding the filing of a defective product lawsuit involving faulty weed and grass trimmers feel free to contact our law offices toll free. All legal consultations are provided by our attorneys free of charge.
Statute of Limitations for Product Liability Lawsuits