Risks of FallsDefective saddles can lead to falls from the backs of horses and other riding animals. These animals are generally very strong and can easily buck and thrash, making it difficult to hang on. If a saddle breaks or is no properly fastened, you may be thrown off or slip from the seat. Falls often result in worse injuries when they are at a higher starting point, such as on the back of an animal. You can easily lose control and be unable to protect yourself in time or fail to break your fall properly. This can cause you to land awkwardly and dislocate your shoulder, break your ankle, crack a vertebra, fracture your neck, damage your hands and feet, tear ligaments and muscles, and more.
Recall Summary Name of Product: Collegiate riding saddles Hazard: The recalled saddles were manufactured with screws that were too short, causing the girth of the saddle to detach from the tree of the saddle, posing a fall hazard to the rider. Remedy: Repair Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled Collegiate saddles and contact the firm for a free repair. Consumer Contact: Weatherbeeta USA toll-free at 877-927-4337 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, email at email@example.com or online at Collegiatesaddlery.com and click on “Contact Us” for more information.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Some injuries may be long-lasting or permanent. There have been instances of falls leading to paralysis, as in the most famous case with Christopher Reeve, who suffered quadriplegia after the incident. Falls are serious, and you should be as careful as possible when riding animals or mounting them.
Product Liability Claim InformationIf you fall due to a defective saddle and suffer injuries, you can take legal action against Weatherbeeta for their error. The items were recalled but not every consumer will know to return them for repairs, and to make matters worse, some of the saddles that were not listed as being affected could have similar issues. In order to file a product liability claim, you must show that the product was designed with a flaw of some kind, was manufactured wrongly or had an error in its creation, or lacked proper warnings or hazards on the package or on the item itself. For the saddles, there could have either been a design flaw that did not properly outline the correct length for the screws, or a manufacturing error that produced screws that were too short. Either way, you will have the foundation you need.
WEATHERBEETA USA RECALLS RIDING SADDLES DUE TO FALL HAZARDYou should be sure to follow these steps for your product liability claim:
- Do not return the product, get it repaired, or retrieve a refund; if you do, you will lose your evidence of the defect and you will not be able to collect compensation since you were already repaid
- Do not tamper with the product or attempt to fix it, as you may further damage it; additionally, the company can claim that you were the one who caused the issues in the first place, as there will be no evidence of how the defect came about
- Keep your receipt, proof of purchase, documentation, and anything else that shows that you were the rightful owner and buyer of the item
Product Liability Lawsuit CompensationIf you fell from a defective saddle, you can sue the manufacturer for coverage for your expenses. We will work to bring you the maximum compensation available under the law. The accident was caused due to the negligent oversight of the company, and you should not be forced to pay off ensuing debts. Examples of what you can receive include:
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.
- Medical expenses from the past and future
- Lost income and wages from the past and future
- Property damage and reimbursement for the purchase
- Pain and suffering for emotional suffering and mental traumas