Victims of Car Accidents
, Dog Bites
, Slip and fall accidents, Medical Malpractice or any other type of personal injury may be able to receive Pain and suffering compensation for their emotional and physical stress. Compensation for pain and suffering usually takes place via a monetary settlement between the parties involved.
If you have been a victim of a personal injury you may be entitled to recovery for your Pain and Suffering. Contact our California Pain and Suffering Attorney’s today (888) 649-7166
Calculating Pain and Suffering in a Personal Injury Claim: What is the Value of my Pain and Suffering?
Calculation of pain and suffering can be a complicated process requiring expert and knowledgeable legal representation. The goal to your attorney should be to maximize the amount of Pain and Suffering claim so that you are justly compensated for your damages. Some of the most important factors courts look at to calculate a Pain and Suffering Claim include:
- The type of Injury
- The Severity of the Injury
- The Amount of pain that resulted from the injury
- The Treatments that are required
- The length of time it takes for the injury to heal
- Presence of permanent injuries or disfigurement
- Presence of permanent disabilities including paralysis, paraplegia
- The Age of the Victim
- Presence of emotional trauma including Post Traumatic Stress, Depression, Anxiety disorders
- Impact of the injury on the quality of life
Awards and compensation for pain and suffering also depend on the jurisdiction of the lawsuit, socioeconomic factors, and the amount claimed in the underlying lawsuit.
Contact the Downtown LA Law Firm:
Our La Firm has the Experience and the manpower to handle most types of Personal Injury Claims. There are many different types of personal injury lawsuits which require specific knowledge and experience. Some of the Personal Injury Case we are able to handle include
Should I hire an Attorney for my injuries:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle and Truck Accidents
- Premises Liability and Slip and Fall Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Intentionally Caused Injuries including Violent Crimes
- Recovery for Assault and Battery and Sexual Assault/Rape
- Medical Malpractice
- Accidents involving Government employees or at government building
If you believe that your injuries are minor and that you will not loose time in school or work, and your injuries will not prolong for an extended time and incurred substantial medical costs, then you may want to settle it yourself in small claims court. However, in most instances Insurance companies and negligent parties will not provide you with the compensation you are entitled to without legal representation.
What are the costs of hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
: Personal Injury Attorneys
usually handle such cases on a contingency basis, which means you don’t have to pay out of pocket. After a settlement has been awarded your attorney’s cost will come by way of a percentage of the total recovery.
For more information or to speak to a Personal Injury Lawyer call us today. We are available 7 days per week. (855) 385-2529