Our unsafe prescription drug side effect law firm is currently investigating possible class action and single party claims against manufacturers of testosterone medications including AndroGel for the development of harmful side effects amongst users. In 2000 AndroGel 1.0% was approved by the FDA. Since then several studies have shown a significant, 30% in some cases, increase in the risk of Coronary Angiography and other cardiac based illnesses. In response the FDA issued a black box warning for the product in 2009. According to recent FDA warnings the use of AndroGel 1% and AndroGel 1.62% manufactured by Abbot Laboratories can result in cardiac complications including, heart attack, stroke, and pulmonary embolism. Legal Help Available: Individuals who have suffered from severe pulmonary and cardiac related health effects while taking Andro-Gel or any other type of testosterone enhancement or replacement therapies have the right to seek compensation via the filing of a product liability lawsuit. If you have any legal questions regarding a possible claim feel free to contact our law offices toll free. (855)385-2529. Significant side effects caused by primary and secondary exposure to AndorGel Include
- Deep Vein Thrombosis – blood clots in the leg
- Other types of blood clots
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest / heart Failure
- Transient Ischemic Attacks
Compensation Available for Victims of AndroGel Testosterone TherapyVictims of medical illnesses caused by the use of unsafe defective prescription medications are entitled to compensation vial the filing a product liability claim. The average settlement values cases involving dangerous drugs are dependent on several significant factors unique to every claim. Some significant factors involved in determining the value of a case are as follows…
- The type, level and severity of the physical harm suffered by the claimant – evidenced via medical records indicating diagnosis of harmful side effect.
- Presence of a causal relationship between the harm suffered and the use of the medication.
- Requirement for future medical, rehabilitation and nursing care expenses.
- Loss of future career opportunities and current salary due to inability to work.
- Calculated value of non-economic damages – including pain and suffering and punitive damages.