Teavana the popular high end tea retailer has recalled its popular Tumblers due to spontaneous shattering causing injury. According to reports these products can unexpectedly burst causing injury to users. This unexpected device failure can result in serious injury to the end user. Particularly if the contents inside the Tumbler device were hot. If you or your loved ones were injured by this recalled defective device contact our offices for a free confidential consultation. Liability for Injury – Filing a Defective Product Lawsuit In a product liability cause of action liability is imposed upon the manufacturer and distributor of the defective product. It does not matter whether they had any knowledge with regards to the injuries. If a product explodes because of weak glass or other defect, a claim can be filed against the manufacturer for your injuries. It is important to remember that you should take certain steps before filing a claim for injuries. Here is a list of steps to take to avoid damaging your claim and to maximize any potential settlement.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries. Burns and cuts can develop into infections unless they are properly treated. Make sure you get to a burn injury facility or doctors office immediately to avoid the spread of injuries throughout your body.
- Keep records of your purchase.
- Keep the product in the same condition, post accident. Do not attempt to tamper with or return the product. It is always in your best interest to keep the product in your possession until an investigation can be concluded as to the cause. Never attempt to return the item as this will destroy any evidence you have against the manufacturer.
- Burning of the inner thighs;
- Facial lacerations;
- Hand injuries;
- Burning of hands and other areas of the body; and
- Car accidents