Attorney Discusses Spider Bites in Nursing Home Lawsuits
Liability for Injuries Sustained in Nursing HomesWho is liable for spider bite injuries in a nursing home or skilled nursing facility? Nursing homes are considered to be stable environments, which are required to be free from insects. When such facilities are not properly maintained or cared for, they will be held liable under state and federal elder abuse laws. These injuries are classified as premises liability causes of action and not governed by medical malpractice limitations or caps. When a nursing home fails to properly maintain the property, so that it is clean from such insects they will be held liable for negligence. Under a negligence standard a nursing home will be liable for the injuries sustained by those under their care. In order to pursue a cause of action for negligence it is required to show the following elements:
- Defendant nursing home, owed a duty of care to the plaintiff;
- Defendant breached that duty;
- Plaintiff actually sustained the injury; and
- There was a connection between the defendants and the resulting injury.
Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse– Legal Definition of Elder Abuse – Nursing Home Medical Malpractice Lawsuits – Can you sue a Nursing Home – Physical abuse by residents of nursing homes – Sue nursing home for elderly financial abuse – Sued for Abandonment of Elderly Resident – Elder Abuse Statistics – Nursing Home Class Action Lawsuit – Nursing Home Restraints Lawsuit – Nursing Home Falls Lawsuit – Spider Bites in Nursing Home – Nursing Home Isolation Lawsuit – Caregiver Neglect Attorney – Elder Abuse Reporting Laws
Steps to Take When Noticing Spider BitesIf you notice spider marks make sure to have them documented and report the injury to the staff. It is important that it be resolved immediately. Here are a list of steps you should take if you or your loved one has been bit by a spider or any insect at a nursing home.
- Immediately file an incident report;
- Take photos of the injury;
- Make sure that the incident is properly documented;
- Do not make any statements to the insurance company for the nursing home;
- Contact a personal injury lawyer dealing with spider bites in nursing homes;
- Request an immediate room change to avoid future bites
Common Secondary Injuries Resulting from Spider BitesSpider bites on the elderly are dangerous for a number of reasons. First, they can cause and spread infections. Particularly if you are using a bedpan or other device, which can harbor bacteria. Second, elderly persons are not as likely to recover from their injuries. In aggressive bite cases with poisonous spiders, serious injury or death can occur. However, the most common injury is infections caused by spider bites. Spider bites can spread infections or expose a wound to developing a serious infection. In either case these infections if left untreated can cause bed sores and other painful conditions. This is why treating the issue is so important. If you delay getting proper treatment the infection could spread causing significant additional injuries.
Compensation for Injury – Filing a LawsuitGetting compensation for your injuries is important in a elder abuse or neglect case. Often times you will have mounting bills, which will add to your stress and prevent you from getting treatment. That is why it is so important that proper compensation be paid out for your injuries. We often get asked, “what is my case worth“? This is a very difficult, but very important question. While we cannot give you an accurate assessment of case value without knowing the extent of the injuries, here is what you should know. Case value is determined by a few factors. First, look at the degree of the injury. Second, treatment or attempts to correct the issue and third, whether it was an ongoing issue. These are all important factors to consider in deciding the value of your nursing home spider bite claim. If you were injured contact the Downtown L.A. Law Group for a free case evaluation.
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse
– Elder Abuse Attorney Los Angeles
– Nursing Home Neglect
– Emotional Elder Abuse Attorney
– Bed Sore Attorney | Elderly Neglect
– Medication Error in Nursing Homes
– What is Elder Abuse?
– Nursing Home Slip and Fall Attorney
– Elder Financial Abuse Attorney
– Elder Abuse Neglect Laws Attorney
– Residential Care Elderly Abuse Attorney
– Who Can Sue For Elder Abuse?
– Elder Abuse Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Elderly Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Bed Sore Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Bed Sore Injury Attorney – Nursing Home Neglect
– Different Stages of Bedsores
– Hospital Bed Sore Lawsuit – Can a Hospital be Sued for Patient Neglect
– Nursing home sexual assault
– Infections in Nursing Homes
– Nursing Home Heat Stroke Lawsuit
DTLA Client Review
The Ultimate Guide to Bed Bug Claims
– BED BUG ATTORNEY
– Value of a Bed Bug Lawsuit
– CAN I SUE FOR HOTEL ROOM
– BEING BIT BY BED BUGS AT A HOTEL
– STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS
– BED BUGS ON CRUISE SHIPS
– BED BUG LAWSUIT AGAINST APARTMENT COMPLEX
– SAN DIEGO BED BUG ATTORNEY
– BED BUG ATTORNEY SACRAMENTO
– LAWSUIT AGAINST MATTRESS & FURNITURE STORES
– BED BUGS IN NURSING HOME LAWSUIT
– SEVERE INSECT BITES AT WORK
DTLA Client Review