Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Common Types of Medical Malpractice Claims Amongst The Elderly: Some of the most common type or medical negligence amongst individual over the age of 65 in the United States are as follows
- Medication errors – Nursing Home and Nursing Care prescription drug errors
- Failure to properly diagnose a heart attack or stroke
- Surgical errors
- Failure to Diagnose cancer in time
- Failure of nursing home staff to proved for medical treatment to contact emergency medical professionals in time of a medical emergency
- Reporting laws: Under CA Med Mal Laws settlements and verdicts in medical malpractice claims at or over $30,000 must be submitted to the California Medical board and published. This has a detrimental effect on patients rights because most doctors will fight tooth and nail and spends excessive amounts of money on legal fees before they accept a settlement of verdict that has to be published and sent to the California Medical Board.
- Cap on Non Economic Damages: NEC’s or Non economic damages are capped in the state of California is cases of medical malpractice at $250,000. Non economic damages include pain and suffering mental anguish and punitive damages.
- One Year Deadline To File: Generally victims of personal injury have two years to file a claim. However in instances of injury resulting from medical malpractice an claimant has only one year from the date of the injury to file a claim.
The Ultimate Guide to Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse– Elder Abuse Attorney Los Angeles
– Nursing Home Neglect
– Emotional Elder Abuse Attorney
– Bed Sore Attorney | Elderly Neglect
– Medication Error in Nursing Homes
– What is Elder Abuse?
– Nursing Home Slip and Fall Attorney
– Elder Financial Abuse Attorney
– Elder Abuse Neglect Laws Attorney
– Residential Care Elderly Abuse Attorney
– Who Can Sue For Elder Abuse?
– Elder Abuse Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Bed Sore Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Bed Sore Injury Attorney – Nursing Home Neglect
– Different Stages of Bedsores
– Hospital Bed Sore Lawsuit – Can a Hospital be Sued for Patient Neglect
– Nursing home sexual assault
– Infections in Nursing Homes
– Nursing Home Heat Stroke Lawsuit
Filing a Lawsuit For Medical Malpractice: The legal definition of medical malpractice varies based on the jurisdiction where the injury took place. Generally medical malpractice take place where a practicing physician fails to provide a patient with the appropriate level of care defined by the standard of care in his profession. Legal Representation: If you or a loved one have been a victim of medical malpractice or elder abuse contact our law firm. All consultations are free of charge and completely confidential. (855)385-2529. More information: Medical Malpractice in Nursing Homes