Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.If a loved one or family member has become victims of pressure sores in a nursing home contact the Nursing home abuse lawyers at the Downtown LA Law Firm. Common areas of the body where bed sore take place include: Immobile patients of nursing home facilities usually experience bed sores in the regions of the
- The head
- The shoulder and upper back
- The Lower buttocks – Sacrum
- The Heel of the foot
- Stage One: No skin loss in the effects area. The skin shows redness, heat, and sensitivity to the touch.
- Stage Two: The sore extends throughout the skin leading to partial loss of the skin. Infections may develop in this stage.
- Stage Three: The skin layers are completely lost and necrosis of the subcutaneous tissue under the effects skin develops.
- Stage Four: The necrosis (death of bodily tissues) extends to all regions of the affected area including muscle tissue and bone.
Call (213) 389-3765 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.Nursing Home Wrongful Death Lawsuits: Many states across the US including the state of California allow for the filing of a claim against negligent defendants by certain family members of the deceased individual. Who can sue in a Wrongful Death Claim – CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE SECTION 377.60-377.62 states that a wrongful death cause of action can be brought on behalf of the decadent by “The decedent’s surviving spouse, domestic partner, children, and issue of deceased children, or, if there is no surviving issue of the decedent, the persons, including the surviving spouse or domestic partner, who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession.” Time Period For Filling a Lawsuit in California: Generally under California Civil procedure statutes a plaintiff has two years from the date of the injury to file a claim. There are however certain exceptions which may apply. A victim of medical malpractice has one year from the date of the injury. For more on Statute of Limitations see here. Contact the Los Angeles Nursing Homes Injury Law Firm – the Downtown LA Law Group. All initial consultations are free of charge. (855)385-2529