Elder Sexual Assault Laws – Nursing Home LiabilitySexual abuse is defined as any type on non-consensual contact of any kind with an older person. Common acts which can be defined as sexual abuse of the elderly may include, rape, performance of lewd acts in the vicinity of the victim, improper touching, fondling, making sexual overtures and demands in return for food and clothing. Such actions may be performed against either a non-consenting individual or an incompetent person.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form to get started now.
Common Sings of Sexual Abuse Against the Elderly Are as Follows:
- Verbal communication from the victim attempting to report what has taken place
- Torn and ripped clothing
- Emotional trauma including self isolation, depression, PTSD
- Unexplained sexual transmitted diseases
- Bruising around the genitals and breasts
- Vaginal and anal bleeding
Steps To Take If You Suspect Sexual Abuse in a Nursing HomeBelow are some important steps that should be taken if acts of sexual assault and abuse have taken place in a nursing home or elderly care facility. 1. Immediately Report the incident to state department of health charged with protecting the right of the elderly and your local police department. 2. Obtain evidence of the sexual abuse including photographs, information of witnesses, and information on the suspect. 3. Contact an Elder Abuse Attorney regarding the filing of a sexual abuse lawsuit.
Filing a Lawsuit for Elder Sexual AbuseOwners and operators of nursing home can be held liable for acts of sexual abuse and other forms of physical and emotional abuse conducted by staff against residents and patients. Nursing homes have a duty to properly investigate the history of ever employee including past incidence of criminal activity and sexual assault. More so nursing home have owe a duty to investigate and report every incident of physical and emotional abuse in their facilities. Failure due do so may warrant criminal prosecution and civil liability.
The Ultimate Guide to Nursing Home Neglect & Elder Abuse– Elder Abuse Attorney Los Angeles
– Nursing Home Neglect
– Emotional Elder Abuse Attorney
– Bed Sore Attorney | Elderly Neglect
– Medication Error in Nursing Homes
– What is Elder Abuse?
– Nursing Home Slip and Fall Attorney
– Elder Financial Abuse Attorney
– Elder Abuse Neglect Laws Attorney
– Residential Care Elderly Abuse Attorney
– Who Can Sue For Elder Abuse?
– Elder Abuse Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Elderly Medical Malpractice Attorney
– Bed Sore Wrongful Death Lawsuit
– Bed Sore Injury Attorney – Nursing Home Neglect
– Different Stages of Bedsores
– Hospital Bed Sore Lawsuit – Can a Hospital be Sued for Patient Neglect
– Nursing home sexual assault
– Infections in Nursing Homes
– Nursing Home Heat Stroke Lawsuit