Steps to Take If you have Experience Bed Bug Infestation Bites:There are several important steps one should take if their hotel room or apartment unit has suffered a bed bug infestation.
- Seek medical attention immediately – bed bug bites should be taken seriously secondary medical complications including bacterial infections and keloid scarring can be prevented if medical attention is provided as soon as possible
- Document the bed bug infestation – take pictures of your injures, and pictures of the bed bugs in your hotel room or apartment unit. Such evidence can be helpful in any future litigation against defendants.
- Keep a detailed list of person you spoke with regarding the infestation including hotel room managers, apartment building operators.
- Contact an attorney regarding your claim. Immediate legal representation will protect your rights and prevent defendants from destroying evidence which can be helpful to your case.
CHAT LIVE with a legal representative about your situation now.
Filing a Bed Bug Infestation LawsuitBelow is important legal information for individuals who have sustained injuries do to bed bug infestations. Proving Your Case in Court: A Negligence cause of action is based on the proving of several elements described below.
- The property owner or operator had a duty to protect guests and or resident from bed bug infestation.
- The defendant failed to adequately inspect the premises for bed bugs and or failed to take necessary steps to exterminate the infestation
- The plaintiff suffered injuries caused by the failure of the defendant take steps necessary to prevent bed bug infestations.
- All medical and health related costs
- Cost of future medical expenses and rehabilitation care
- Pain and suffering including PTSD – Post traumatic Stress
- Lost wages and loss of future income
- Property damage including recovery for damaged furniture, and clothing
Chat Live with a representative and schedule a free case review.