Daycares and are supposed to be environments where children are safe from hazardous conditions. Bed bug infestations are a growing and rampant issue in daycare centers and preschools across the country. Every year thousands of children suffer from severe bed bug bites due to unsanitary conditions in daycare centers in the United States. Day-cares owe a duty under the law to provide for a habitable environment for children. A Claim against daycare centers for bed bug bites can be established if injuries suffered are caused by the failure to properly maintain the premises.
: Our law firm is actively perusing claims against property owners and managers of family daycare centers for bed bug infestations resulting in severe injuries. To speak with a bed bug infestation attorney
regarding your claim contact our offices by calling toll free (855) 339-8879
. All consultations are free of charge.
Child Day Care Bed Bug Infestation Laws in California
According to California child care laws employers and staff in child care facilities are required to adopt a written policy of universal infection control measures. Such measures includes an implied warranty for habitability of the premises which mean keeling the home clean and free of defects and dangerous conditions. Injuries to children including severe bed bug bite must be reported to the child parents and the California department of social services licensing division immediately.
Failure of family daycare centers to abide with regulations can result in serious punishment including
What to Do if My Child has Contracted Bed Bugs in School Day Care:
- Civil fines and penalties
- Temporary suspension of license (or)
- Revocation of the silence
1. Collect bed bud specimens and place them in a small container
2. Remove your child from the daycare and inspect clothes and other items thought to be infested and place them in a sealed plastic bag or container
3. Contact the California State Licensing Board
4. Contact a Bed Bug Attorney for a consultation regarding your case
Compensation for Bed Bug Injury – Filing a Lawsuit
: Victims of bed bug bites in child daycare centers are entitled to compensation for their injuries including
Statute of Limitations for Filing an Lawsuit
- All hospitalization and medical costs
- All future medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and Suffering including emotional distress
- Punitive damages – where possible
: Generally the statute of limitations for filing a civil lawsuit for personal injury in California courts in 2 years from the date of the injury. For children (minors) however the statute of limitations does not begin to run until their 18th birthday.