Birth Injury Attorney Los Angeles
Birth Injury Types— Brain Injury at Birth — California Birth Injury Law — Erb’s Palsy — Hypoxia birth injury — Birth Injury Questions — Compression of the Umbilical Cord — Shoulder Birth Injury — Paxil Birth Defect — Child Suffering caused by birth malpractice — Placenta Abruption — C-Section Malpractice — Birth Injury Lawsuit
Below are some of the most common birth related injuries:
- Clavicle Fracture: Collarbone dislocation or fracture separating the connections from shoulder from the chest.
- Erb’s Palsy: Or Brachial Plexus Injury: Caused by the stretching of the nerves that travel down from the head through the neck to the shoulder, chest cavity, and spine. In many cases healing does not occur even after surgery leading to permanent disability and nerve damage.
- Brain Injury: resulting from a lack of Oxygen to the brain or head trauma, often thee injuries result in lifelong permanent brain damage.
- Fracture to the Skull and Facial Fractures:
- Broken Limbs: Usually Femur, (thigh bone) fractures
- Fetal Distress During Child Birth: There are certain signs and symptoms of fetal distress which should be recognized by trained medical professionals. Often times the failure diagnose and properly treat fetal distress will lead to serious injuries to the unborn child and the mother.
- blood loss or shock,
- placenta retention
- tears in the perineum
- heart rate fluctuations,
- Sepsis (microorganisms in the blood).
Birth Injury StatisticsBirth Injury Statistics: Below are some relevant information and statistics regarding Birth Related Injuries in the United States 1. Cerebral palsy: (CP) or Cerebral Palsy is the most common motor disability during childhood 2. Erb’s Palsy: Or Brachial plexus injury most commonly results form abnormal or difficult childbirth process. 3. Head Injury and Head/Brain Trauma: Permanent Brain damage is a significant threat to the infant during the birthing process. Stressful and dangerous deliveries can lead to a number of conditions include: brain hemorrhages, skull fractures and permanent brain damage. Further Resources: For more information on Permanent Brain damage or to speak to a Child Brain Damage Attorney. National Vital Statistics Reports: Births: From the CDC Cerebral Palsy Causes and Risk Factors; From the CDC Spina Bifida Information Center: From the CDC
Should I Sue for Birth InjuryIf your newborn infant has suffered any type of birth injury such as cerebral palsy, neck injury or spinal cord injury, you must first tend to your child needs and wounds. Seeking justice for your families loss is our job. Our aggressive and tenacious Legal Team will keep on the offensive until they make sure your child has been fully compensated for injuries. Compensation for medical malpractice will be based on several factors including
- All present and future medical costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy costs
- Future nursing care, home care and transportation cost for children who have suffered serious disabilities
- Pain and Suffering including mental anguish
- Punitive damages – Where possible
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (855) 339-8879.Don’t let Birth Injuries Destroy Your Family Circle – We can helpFor the majority of parents, the day a child is born is the most anticipated, exciting, and memorable day. There’s nine months of waiting and dreaming about your unborn child, all the preparation to welcome the bundle of joy, and all the family members waiting on pins and needles those last few days before delivery. It’s is a very exciting time for parents and family. Not too many people actually prepare for the downside, the complications, or worse – the possible birth injuries. It is estimated that 7 out of 1,000 births every year come delivered with birth injuries (to mother or baby) due to carelessness on the part of the medical staff. This results to 3 birth injuries per hour! People who are supposed to be medically trained to take care of the mother and baby failed, one way or another, permanently affecting the family. When dealing with injuries for a new born, these injuries will be more obvious. Sometimes permanent damage is done to a baby, due to medical malpractice. Parents are left severely saddened, and children are left with life changing issues with their body. This could be anywhere from brain damage to paralysis. Birth injuries to the mother are not always known right away. Some of the symptoms indicating an injury are excessive blood loss, shock, placenta retention, tears in the perineum, new heart rate fluctuations, or Sepsis (microorganisms in the blood). If you or a woman you know has recently given birth and is experiencing any of these symptoms, the first thing to do is seek medical attention. Visiting the doctor who delivered the baby could be an option; however, it would be recommended to have a second opinion from unbiased medical personnel to help determine if the symptoms are a result from birth injuries. Birthing Injury Diagnosis and Lawsuits: After a doctor has evaluated the symptoms and determined if, in fact, the injuries may have occurred from improper medical handling, you should consider seeking legal advice. Our attorneys at Downtown LA Law have represented many cases where birth injuries have occurred. In any case, where the mother is experiencing causes from birth injuries or if the newborn is the one affected, our attorneys handle both cases with the utmost professionalism, discretion, and vigor. You need someone with your (and the babies) interests in mind. Medical malpractice is not to be tolerated, and if you have such a case, it needs to be brought to justice. Insurance settlements are not for your pain and suffering, they are an attempt to quite your case.
Learn more about your legal options (855) 339-8879 with a representative now.
Statute of Limitations – Birth Injury
Cerebral and Erb’s Palsy
Over $500 Million Recovered
for Our Clients
YOU Deserve the Best
Free Case Review 24/7
You Don’t Pay unless we win
By submitting this form, you agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at anytime, which include hours outside of business hours (8:00 am PST – 9:00 pm PST). This is so that we may reach you as soon as possible in order to consult on your potential case.
The Ultimate Guide to Birth Injuries
– Birth Injury
– Birth Injury Questions
– California Birth Injury Law
– Child Suffering caused by birth malpractice
– Brain Injury at Birth
– Erb’s Palsy – Brachial Plexus
– Compression of the Umbilical Cord
– Forceps Delivery Injury
– Shoulder Birth Injury
– Placenta Abruption
– California Statute of Limitations for Birth Injuries
– Depakote Cleft Palate Birth Defect
– Depakote Birth Defect
– NuvaRing Contraceptive Birth Control Device
– Lexapro attorney – birth defect lawsuits
– Facial nerve damage and paralysis bells palsy
– Beyaz and other oral contraceptives
– Fetal distress attorney
– Yaz pulmonary embolism lawsuit
– Shoulder dystocia attorney
– Klumpke palsy attorney
– Yaz deep vein thrombosis lawyer
– Facial nerve damage and paralysis bells palsy
– Hypoxia birth injury
– Paxil Birth Defect
– Birth Injury Lawsuit for Nerve Damage
– Clavicle Fracture Birth Injury
– C-Section Malpractice
– Yaz Defective Birth Control
– Yaz Lawsuit – Filing birth control claims
– Zofran birth defect lawsuit
DTLA Client Review
Free Case Review 24/7