Caltrans workers work in hazardous conditions and are prone to accidents and severe injuries resulting in a need for long term medical care, rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, and disabilities care. Our law firm is proud to provide attorney representation for Caltrans construction site and highway work employees who have suffered grave injuries at their place of work.
Free Attorney Consultation
: To learn more about your legal rights to compensation regarding your workplace injury claim contact our law firm toll free (888) 649-7166
Common Risk for Caltrans Employees on the Job
: Some of the most common accidents and injuries to Caltrans and highway construction site workers are as follows.
Post Traumatic Stress and Injuries on the Job
- Slip and fall accidents
- Struck by vehicle on the road
- Struck by construction equipment
- Machinery and tool defects resulting in injuries
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and hazardous materials resulting in reparatory issues, and cancer.
- Lifting of heavy objects and back pain from continuous lifting of heavy objects
- Exposure to asbestos resultign in mesothelioma
- Fibromyalgia and other chronic pain syndrome
- Increased risk of death by suicide
- Increased risk of cancers including skin. eyes, brain, lungs, and lymphatic systems
- Benign neoplasm’s
: Most individuals wrongly believe severe cases of mental trauma resulting in a diagnosis of post traumatic stress are restricted to injures associated with combat during times of war. However, recent studies of shed light into the broader scope of PTSD resulting from accidents
and severe injuries in the work place. Victims of mental trauma including Post traumatic stress are entitled to compensation for their claims. Some of the most common sign and symptoms of PSTS are as follows. Note: if you are experiencing any of these symptoms seek medical attention.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit Instead of Workers Compensation Claim
: In certain instance employees are able to file a personal injury lawsuit instead of a workplace compensation claim. Personal injury lawsuits can be filed where there is an at fault party that is not a government entity and is not an employer of the injured victims. For example in cases where accident are caused by a defective construction equipment, victims have the right to file a product liability cause of action in place of or in conjunction with a worker’s compensation claim.
Proving Negligence in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
: There are several elements that must be proven in order to prove a negligence based personal injury lawsuit in the court of law.
- The defendant owed a duty of reasonable care to the plaintiff
- The defendant breached his duty of care
- The breach of the duty of care
- Intrusive Memories and Nightmares
- Feelings of Intense Distress when confronted or reminded of the trauma
- Inability to work or perform daily activities
- Felling of lacking emotional response: Numbness
- Feelings of Detachment and Avoiding Activities
- Depression and general feeling of confusion
- Avoiding Activities and avoiding others
- Hypomania and sings of increased activity
- Sudden flashback and nightmares of the incident
- Thoughts of suicide
Types of Benefits Available for Injured Caltrans Employees:
1. Medical Care and Expenses
: Victims of workplace injuries are entitled to recovery for all medical expenses including hospitalization costs, doctors visits, and medication costs resultign from the harm suffered.
2. Cost of Rehabilitation Care and Future Medical care
: Employees are also entitled to recovery for any future medical expenses resulting from the injuries suffered. Future medical costs include rehabilitation care, cost of future revision surgeries and future medication expenses.
3. Disability expenses:
Disability expenses are based on the level and permanence of the disability. Levels of disability expenses in the state of California are as follows.
- Temporary total disability
- Temporary partial disability
- Permanent total disability (and)
- Permanent partial disability
The Ultimate Guide to Slip & Fall Accidents
– Slip and Fall accidents
– Nerve Damage from Slip and Fall Accident
– Legal Questions Regarding a Slip and Fall Claim
– Supermarket Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
– Hospital Slip and Fall Accident
– Brain Injury Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
– Top 10 Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
– Due to Leaking Air Conditioner
– Wedding Slip and Fall Accidents
– Defective sidewalk accident
– Miscarriage Caused by Slip and Fall Accidents
– Bowling Alley Injuries
– Slip and Fall FAQ
– Average Slip and Fall Lawsuit Settlement
– Workplace Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
– Slip and Fall Accidents on Sidewalks
– Slip and Fall Accidents in Restaurants
– Who Is Responsible For Sidewalk Maintenance
: If you have any further legal questions regarding the injuries you sustained while an employee of Caltrans feel free to contact our law office toll free (888) 649-7166
. All consultations are free of charge and confidential.
Workers Comp and PTSD Recovery
California Workers Compensation Guidebook