Serious Injuries and medical complications resulting from Electrocutions:
Common Injuries from Electrocutions include
- Injuries to the Central Nervous System: Moderate to severe nerve damage resulting in permanent paralysis
- Electric Shock Bur injuries
- Neurological injuries including brain damage resulting in loss of memory, sensory disorders and loss of cognition
- Cardiac Arrest, Heart fibrillation including heart attacks and other serious heart conditions
- Permanent scarring including facial and bodily disfigurement
- Renal/Kidney Failure
- Loss of vision – eye injuries
- Loss of hearing
- Emotional Trauma resulting in depression and anxiety
Call (213) 389-3765 to set up a free, no obligation consultation to find out if you have a case.
Electric Shock Causes by Defective Products:There various defective products ranging from home appliances and child toys to automobile parts and electronic devices which can pose a serious danger of electric shock to consumers. Generally a product liability claim will be predicated on one of three distinct causes of action. (1) Defect in the original design of the product (2) Defect in the manufacturing process whereby the completed and distributed item is markedly different and as a result more dangerous the its intended design and (3) Labeling defect otherwise known as a failure to warn consumers of the known dangers associated with the common use of the electrical device.
Electrocutions and Property Owner Liability:Property owners and owners of commercial establishments including shopping malls and public schools owe a general duty to individual who legally enter their premises. For a properly owner to be held liable for injuries suffered, one of the following must be proven in the court of law:
- The property owner caused the dangerous condition that led to the electrocution, or failed to properly maintain the property.
- The Property owner is aware of the dangerous condition of his or her property, but does nothing to remedy to problem
- Most commonly, a reasonable property owner should have known of the dangerous condition because a reasonably prudent person would have noticed and fixed it.
- Downed Power lines – Government Liability
- Explosion of transformers
- Faulty wiring in the workplace
- Faulty installation of extension cords
Compensation for Your Loss – Contacting an AttorneyOur goal is to seek to recover every form of damage from your electrocution accident. This includes both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical costs resulting from hospital and emergency room care, physical therapy, ambulance costs and rehabilitation
- Future medical care
- Loss or income
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and psychological damages
- Punitive damages where the property owners displayed reckless behavior or gross negligence