According to the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 OSHA, you have the right to s safe workplace. Federal and State laws require employers to provide their employees with safe working conditions.
There are numerous work injuries which take place every day on construction sites, manufacturing facilities, hospitals, businesses offices, sport facilities, and government offices. Some of the most common injuries are presented below. If you have any further questions and require expert legal consultation regarding your injuries contact our offices. We are available every day including weekends and major holidays.
Three Crucial Steps You Can Do to Help Your Chances of Recovery
– Seek Medical Attention Immediately
– Notify Your Supervisors
– Contact A Workplace Injury Attorney
The Ultimate Guide to Workplace Injuries
– PTSD Claim Workplace Injury
– Most Common Workplace Injuries
– Workplace Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
– Workplace Amputation Lawyer
– Workplace Electrocution Injury Attorney
– Workplace Hearing Loss Lawsuits
– Workplace Bullying Attorney
– Workplace Toxic Exposure Lawsuits
– Punch Press Accident Attorney
– Lower Back Injury Attorney
– Scissor Lift Defect Accident Attorney
– Herniated Disc injuries
– Lathe Accident Injury Attorney
– Electrocution Accidents
– Conveyor Belt Accident Attorney
– Caltrans Workers Compensation Attorney
– Can I Sue If Injured At Work
– CRPS Workers Compensation Lawsuits
Common Work Related Injuries
– Serious Traumatic Head Trauma: Traumatic Brain Injuries take place frequently on job sites. Blows to the head from falling objects, machinery, and debris are a constant hazards in construction sites, trucking accidents, and manufacturing facilities. Law enforcement officers are susceptible to brain injuries from act of violence. Common types of workplace brain injuries can include:
- Brain Hemorrhage – Internal Bleeding
- Skull Fractures
- Post Traumatic Amnesia (ie loss of memory)
: Burn injuries are common in manufacturing plants, construction sites, electricians and firefighting occupations. There are several different types of burn injuries requiring different medical attention including scalding by heated water, fire burns, chemical burns, and electrical burns. Burn injuries can lead to permanent medical issues requiring extended rehabilitation and numerous medical procedures.
Spinal Cord Injuries
: Spinal Cord Damage is one of the most severe types of workplace injuries. The estimated cost of care and rehabilitation for a person suffering from a spinal cord injuries is staggering. According to estimate the average lifetime cost of paraplegia and quadriplegia ranges between $2,000,000 and $5,000,000.
Traumatic Eye Injuries / Blindness
: If you have suffered partial or complete blindness as a result of a workplace incident you may be entitled to compensation. Loss of vision can be caused by blunt force trauma to the head, falling debris and flying objects, penetrating objects, chemical exposure, burns, and act of violence.
Workplace Amputation Injury
: Common causes of amputation in the workplace include; Cuts and lacerations from sharp or fast moving objects, Crush Injuries including hands or Legs crushed by heavy machinery, lack of proper safety procedures, lack of proper training, poor Maintenance of machinery tools, malfunctioning Equipment and Equipment Failure.
Workplace PTSD / Post Traumatic Stress
: Certain jobs present certain mental stresses that can lead to permanent emotional trauma. Employers which tolerate a hostile work environment and fail to prevent bullying at work may be liable to Psychological trauma including Post Traumatic Stress, Depression and Anxiety.
Falling From Heights
: Falling accidents are a common hazard for roofers on construction sites. Such accident often result in serious injuries including fractures limbs, spine damage, internal organ failure and death.
Slip Trip and Fall Injuries
: It is the duty of an employer to maintain a safe work environment. This included the cleaning and wiping off of surfaces to prevent slippery floors and debris on floors. Slip and fall accidents can be severe leading to brain damage, fractures bones, and facial injuries.
Overexertion Lifting Heavy Objects / Serious Back Injuries
: Any occupation which requires the lifting of a heavy object poses a risk of resulting in serious permanent back and neck injuries. Lifting objects can lead to severe lower back injuries, nerve damage, spinal contusions, knee dislocations, ligament tears and shoulder dislocation.
Other Common Injuries Include:
- Sprains and Strains at Work:
- Fractures and Broken Bones At Work:
- Cuts and Lacerations / Permanent Scarring and Disfigurement:
- Violent act on the Job / Occupations Assault and Battery and Sexual Assault:
- Chemical Exposure Injuries / Lung Damage
- Loss of hearing due to repetitive loud noises and explosions
Workplace Fatalities – Deaths at work and Wrongful Death Claims by Relatives and Loves Ones
Deaths due to workplace accidents have seen a general rise over the past decade. In 2011 there were 4,900 workplace deaths reported to OSHA. The most common causes of workplace deaths are as follows:
Workplace Wrongful death lawsuit
- Transportation Accident – Including highway accident and construction site truck collisions
- Violent Crimes – Including workplace suicides, sexual assaults and homicides
- Equipment and Machinery accidents – Including getting caught in machinery
- Workplace Falls
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and other toxic environmental substances
– Filing a Wrongful death claim can be an difficult and arduous process. Complicated wrongful death matters require expert legal representation from knowledgeable and trusted personal injury attorneys.
You are entitled to Compensation for Your Injury in the Workplace:
Injured employees are entitled to full compensation for their injuries. The Downtown LA Law Firm is dedicated to aiding injured workers secure a full and just recovery. We bring experience, and a dedication to our clients in order to maximize your workplace injury claim.
If you have any further questions contact our law offices today at (888) 649-7166