California law protects individuals who have suffered from a Slip and Fall accident due to the negligence or fault of a property owner. While often overlooked in personal injury, slip and fall accidents often account for many of the most gruesome and catastrophic forms of injury, an sadly death.
Statistics: Slip and fall accidents account for the second leading cause of injuries in the United States behind only car accidents. According to Center for Disease Control slip trip and fall accidents lead to and over 17,000 deaths every year.
Liability: Law of Premises Liability holds a property owner, or any person in possession of the property liable for damages suffered on their property. In “possession of property,” can includes
- A person who occupies and intends to control the property
- A person who has occupied with the intent to control the property, and no other person has followed
- A person who is entitled to instant possession of the property and where no other party is entitled to such rights.
Property owners may be liable for slip and fall accidents taking place inside and outside their property. Such accident occurs in any number of settings.
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Where Slip and fall accidents take place:
Slip and fall injuries often take place in warehouse stores, malls, hotels and inns, shopping centers, parking lots, sidewalks and any other type of commercial or private building. Establishments where slip and fall accidents take place include:
- Big Box or Warehouse stores: Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart, Food 4 Less, Super Saver Foods.
- Supermarkets in California: Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, Pavilions, also specialty markets such as Whole Foods, World Market, Trader Joes.
- Malls and Department Stores: Macys, Nordstrom’s, Niemen Marcus, Westfield Malls Across California, The Grove, Glendale Galleria, South Coast Plaza, also included in this category is shopping centers and smaller retail stores.
- Eating Establishments: Including Fast Food Restaurant Taco Bell, McDonald’s, Arby’s, Subway, Dell Taco, and Fast casual eateries and formal restaurants such as Pick Up Sticks, The Cheesecake Factory, Chipotle, The Counter.
- Hotels and Inns: Hilton Hotels, Radisson, Holiday Inn, The W hotel, The Standard Hotel, Hyatt Hotels.
- Sporting Arenas and Stadiums: Staple Center, The Coliseum, Home Depot Center in Carson, The Rose Bowl in Pasadena, UCLA Sporting Events, USC Sporting Events.
- Night time establishments: Nightclubs, Bars, Lounges, and late night eateries and after hours businesses have experience a dramatic rise in Security Guard Beatings as well as assaults between fellow patrons leading to serious injuries.
- Movie Theaters: given the dark environment if spilled objects on the floor are not picked up by the movie theater cleaning crew.
- Playgrounds: many children suffer from brain injuries including permanent brain damage from falls in playgrounds
- Amusement Parks and Theme Parks: Amusement parks like Disney Land and Knotts Berry Farm in Orange County, Magic Mountain in Santa Clara, and Universal Studios. This also includes Water Parks like Raging Waters, Hurricane Harbor.
Common Places Where Slip and Fall Accidents Happen
How We Can Help:
At Downtown LA LAW Group our aggressive and tenacious Slip & Fall Accident Lawyers will keep on the offensive until so that you are fully compensated for your injuries. We will take care of every legal detail and we will go to trial and take on liable parties and their insurance carriers’ so that your rights are protected.
In the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery. Contact the Downtown LA Law firm at (855)385-2529 to receive a free case evaluation.
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve been injured to report any pedestrian accident claim before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our Slip Trip and Fall injury lawyers regarding your accident