- Failure of city or private property owners to properly inspect their property for the detection of hazards including raised or cracked sidewalks;
- Raising of underground earth resulting from the growth of roots of nearby trees;
- Failure to place warning signs; failure to provide for proper lighting on a sidewalk that is known to be used by pedestrians.
Learn more about your legal options by chatting with a representative now.Common Injuries Caused by Broken Sidewalks: Falls on sidewalks often result in serious injury. Some of the most common injuries associated with defective sidewalk conditions are as follows:
- Head Injuries resulting in Traumatic Brain Damage;
- Spinal Cord injuries including spinal contusion;
- Hip fractures;
- Knee and ligament injuries;
- Facial injuries including broken noses and lacerations.