Traumatic brain injury is the cause of most brain damage in the United States. However many are victims of acquired brain injury from sources other than a traumatic impact to the skull. Common causes of Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) include strokes, degenerative neurological diseases, infections, medical malpractice, deprivation of oxygen to the brain, drug and alcohol abuse, anoxia, inhalation of carbon monoxide, inhalation of toxic chemicals, and lead or mercury poisoning.
Damages to your quality of life resulting from Acquired Brain Injury:
Depending on the nature, severity and location of your brain injury a wide range of symptoms may be present. Some of the most common complications arising from Acquired Brain Injury are as follows;
- Motor Functional Defects
- Abnormal Muscle Tome
- Language and Communication deficits
- Cognitive impairments including memory, attention span, and social judgment
- Emotional and behavioral issues including depression
- Mood Changes
As a result of such complications victims of Acquired brain injuries may require long term care and rehabilitation including nursing care, physical therapy, psychological analysis and therapy, and occupational therapy.
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury contact our Brain injury Attorney for a free consultation of your claim. We will fight for your right to full compensation for your loss including medical expenses, lost wages, and future medical and occupational needs.
What compensation can I receive for my Acquired Brain Injury?
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses include all medical bills and costs, including those incurred in the emergency room, hospital visits, doctor visits, MRI testing facility, radiologists, chiropractors, dentists, or any other treating professional that was necessitated as a result of your injury.
- Future Medical Expenses: Unfortunately, the effects of a car accident can often be felt for months, years, or even a lifetime after the injury occurred. We will work with doctors and other medical specialist to establish the full amount of any future medical expenses to make sure you are adequately compensated for these damages.
- Lost Wages: After an accident, you are entitled to any income you lost. Even if you were unemployed before the accident a Personal Injury Lawyer may be able to procure lost wages damages by demonstrating what you could have earned but for your herniated disc injury.
- Loss of Earning Capacity: In addition to current lost wages, victims of car accidents are eligible to receive compensation for future lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim of herniated disc injury can further be compensated for mental suffering that could include fright, anxiety, depression, trauma, grief or feelings of distress.
- Property Damage: Our attorneys will make sure that you receive the full value for all your property damage.
Selecting the Right Legal Representation for your Brain Injury Claim
It is important for your attorney understands the extent of your Traumatic Brain Injury and employs the proper experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the compensation you are owed.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our attorneys can help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
: It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our brain injury attorneys regarding your claim: (855) DT-LA-LAW
Traumatic Brain Injury Legal Guide
Traumatic Brain Injury Legal Representation: