1. What are the most common incidences which result in Permanent Brain Injuries?
Many accidents often lead to head trauma and cause permanent brain damage some of the most common are Car Accidents
- Truck Rollover Collisions
- Boating Accidents
- Sports Accidents
- Rail or MTA Bus accidents or sudden deceleration
- Slips and Falls in the home
- Violent Crimes such as battery, attempted murder, rape, and child abuse leading to brain damage
2. What is Traumatic Brain Injury?
A (TBI) short for Traumatic Brain Injury is defined as damage to the brain caused by an outside force including a rapid acceleration of deceleration, nearby blast, collision with an outside object. As a result the brain can be permanently impaired leading to detectable changes to the minds ability to function properly. Automobile Accidents: Including Truck Rollovers and motorcycle collisions.
According the CDC’s National TBI Estimates each year there are an estimate 1.7 million people who a victimized by a TBI injury every year. Of those 1.7 million persons; wile 52,000 are killed from the Brain Trauma
Brain injuries can result from injuries not only to the brain tissue itself but also the blood vessels within the brain.
3. What Are some of the Signs and Symptoms of Brain Trauma
It is important to understand that signs and symptoms of brain damage often vary based on the side of the brain the injury took place, the age and sex of the individual and if they have suffered other injuries during their accident. Symptoms are also dependant on the severity of the impact. In some cases a victim remains conscious while in others he may lose consciousness for a few seconds up to hours.
4. Do I have a claim against someone for my head trauma injury?
- Other Symptoms may include, headaches, nausea, vomiting, loss of motor functions, blurred vision , light headedness, inability to maintain balance, visions on the eyes, slurred speech, difficulty finding words when attempting to speak, loss of hearing or impairment of hearing, a general sense of confusion, and inability to sleep.
In many instances yes you may very well have a claim and you can sue the person who was the cause of your injuries because of his actions. There are many instances that can result in the fault of another person for your injuries. These accidents can include product defects, pure negligence, and assault and battery leading to head injuries, automobile accidents, train and other public transportation accidents.
If you sustained brain or head injuries call a Brain Injury Attorney
skilled in achieving the maximum possible compensation for your brain damage.
5. What is a coma, and what is its significance in brain damage victims.
A coma is a state of deep unconsciousness lasting form more than six hours; the person in the state of unconsciousness cannot be aroused. A comatose victim of a brain trauma will not be able to react to events in his environment. If a person has seeped into a coma after a brain trauma he require Immediate treatment for TBI often involving surgery to control bleeding in and around the brain, monitoring and controlling intracranial pressure, insuring adequate blood flow to the brain, and treating the body for other injuries and infection.
6. Can a brain injury have happened even when a person isn’t unconsciousness or does not fall into a coma?
Yes, permanent brain injuries can and do often take place even when there is no loss of unconsciousness. I
t is not necessary that loss of consciousness take place for a serious brain injury with permanent loss of brain function to happen. As a result we always advised our client to seek out expert medical treatment if any injury or trauma to the head is brain is sustained.
7. Do I need an attorney to represent me in a brain damage or traumatic brain injury case?
When a brain injury occurs, the long-term effect of these injuries, can have a serious effect on a persons quality of life. An head injury attorney can consult with recognized experts who can identify the symptoms of the brain injury and assist in its treatment.
First, you must first tend to your wounds and heal your injuries. Seeking vindication of your rights is our job. At Downtown LA Law Group our Los Angles Head our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers
are skilled and knowledgeable in general personal injury laws as well as brain trauma law.
8. Why should I choose Downtown LA Law to represent me?
Our aggressive and tenacious Brain Damage Lawyer
s and general personal injury attorneys will keep on the offensive until they make sure you have been fully compensated for your injuries and vindicated for your loss. We will go to trial and take on drivers that were negligent and their insurance carriers’ so that your rights are protected.
We will take care of every legal detail and make sure you achieve the highest compensation possible for your loss; in the meantime, concentrate on the most important part of this process – your recovery.
Remember that it is crucial to act quickly after you’ve been injured to contact a lawyer that fill fight got you. Call us for a free consultation with one of our skilled personal injury lawyers concerning any legal course of action for your head injury: (888) 649-7166