Brain Injury: What to do if you think you have suffered from a Brain Injury
1. Make sure you and those around you are safe. Safety is the most important thing in life. If you or another person has sustained a head injury immediately seek medical attention. In many situations you may not be aware of serious injuries to the brain that you have sustained because of the shock of the accident. Even if you believe you have not been injurer you should get a checkup with a medical professional.
2. Do not attempt to talk with the other party regarding fault or apologies. Any words you may have said can be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries. Even politeness can be used against you.
3. File an Accident Report: Contact the local police department and report the injury and accident. If you have a trusted personal injury car accident lawyer contact him if you have any questions regarding the process.
4. Don’t attempt to argue over fault with the other person involved. If any argument takes place simply walk away to lessen the chances of a physical confrontation.
5. Don’t be shy: if there are witnesses who can testify on your behalf asked them for their contact information.
6. Be Careful Who You Talk To – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with a car accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other party’s agents.
7. Never automatically accept the first estimate or offer you get from an Insurance Company – jumping the gun on the settlement can be a costly mistake. Contact a car accident attorney who is skilled an adept in negotiating with insurance companies. If insurance companies play hardball a skilled aggressive Los Angeles Car Accident lawyer will take the defendant to litigation and trial.
8. Always Keep Records of your Hospital Expenses; including all medications prescribed, and a list of all your doctors and the corresponding treatment centers you visited, such records will go a long way to helping you obtain the compensation for your injuries and pain and suffering you deserve.
9. Find a skilled Head and Neck Injury Lawyer – A Los Angeles Permanent Brain Damage lawyer adept in fighting insurance companies and protecting your right to compensation will be able to substantially increase the amount of compensation you receive for your damages and injuries.
10. Heal your wounds and get better; fighting insurance companies and defendants is OUR JOB. We will make you receive the maximum compensation for your loss. For a Free Consultation Call us at (855) 385-2529