Numerous locations are hot spots for injuries
. Hotels and motels are among some of the most prevalent due to the high turnover rate of guests and lack of extremely thorough cleaning and maintenance. There are a number of ways that you can get hurt at an Econo Lodge
, and if you have suffered injuries or losses, you can take legal action against chain. You should not be held accountable for certain payments if you were not responsible for the incidents in the first place. It is in your best interest to contact a firm that knows the best methods for success in suing Econo Lodge
our law group, the Downtown LA Law Group
, for help moving forward and filing a personal injury lawsuit against Econo Lodge.
What kind of incidents can happen at an Econo Lodge?
The Econo Lodge is a motel chain that has nearly 1,000 locations across the United States
. Because of the large amount of guests that are usually present at the motel, it is no surprise that the rooms are not always perfectly cleaned. It is also no surprise that the premises are not totally maintained and security isn’t up to scratch. There are many ways that you can be hurt at an Econo Lodge
. Some of the types of incidents are listed below:
- Slip and fall: You can easily slip and fall on various surfaces at an Econo Lodge. The sidewalk can be broken or defective, the stairs and balconies may be shaky or not properly attached, the bathroom floors and showers may be excessively slippery, and much more. You can choose to file a slip and fall lawsuit if you were hurt after falling down at an Econo Lodge.
- Pool accidents: There are some Econo Lodges that have pools on the premises, whether indoor or outdoor, but they are often sites of accidents. The pools may not have lifeguards and the different parts of the pool, like the ladder and nearby floors, could be broken in some way. Many individuals have slipped when entering and exiting the pool, when walking near it, and from the excess water that was tracked around.
- Bed bugs: There may be a bed bug infestation present in a room at an Econo Lodge, or in many rooms because the infestation spread. Bed bugs are often brought in by travelers coming from other places; the bugs latch onto luggage and wreak havoc on the room. You may suffer numerous bites and have to throw out various belongings.
- Assault and battery: The motel may have a number of unseemly guests, some of whom are dangerous. They may be naturally violent or they may have been drinking alcohol at the motel bar. If the individual gains access to your room or commits a sexual assault on you while you are outside of your room, Econo Lodge can be held liable for your injuries.
- Structural accidents: There are some structural accidents that can happen at motels that can cause people to get injured. There may be problems with the roof, such as being weak after a lot of rain and snow, or with the walls. Windows can break, as well. Additionally, structures within the rooms can be defective. Chairs, beds, desks, and other pieces of furniture may break and cause you to fall and suffer injuries.
If you were injured in any kind of incident an Econo Lodge, you should contact our firm to ensure that you are in pursuit of the fairest compensation available to you.
What are some injuries from Econo Lodge incidents?
Econo Lodge incidents can result in a large amount of potential injuries. You may get hurt doing almost anything, but if you are left incapacitated or in a hard to reach area, it can be difficult to get treatment. You may get hurt in the following ways:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Bed bug bites
- Severed limbs
- Soft tissue damage
- Puncture wounds
- Crushing injuries
If you were injured in any way while staying at an Econo Lodge
, you may be able to take legal action. Speak with our attorneys for more directions moving forward with your lawsuit.
How can I sue for injuries at an Econo Lodge?
Econo Lodge must provide its guests with safe premises and have all the proper upkeep and maintenance done on the motel
. If there are noticeable defects or issues, the property owner should fix them as quickly as he can or ensure that the areas are not used by guests. However, many owners do not even provide ample warnings. If the Econo Lodge property owner is guilty of any of these points of negligence, you can sue for damages:
- The owner caused the hazard or incident in the first place
- The owner knew about the issue but took no actions to fix it or post warnings about the hazard
- The owner was unaware of the problem, but if he had been more attentive like any reasonable owner, he would have noticed it and fixed it
In order to sue for injuries, at least one of these points must be true. You also must have suffered some kind of physical injury to file an accident lawsuit
and claim certain damages. Your very first step after an accident should be to get medical treatment. You should not put off going to the doctor for treatment, and you should keep all receipts and proof of your treatment. If you do not go to the doctor at once, the insurance agent handling the case can be dubious and not trust your claim.
Next, you should gather the following pieces of proof:
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Pictures of your injuries
- Eyewitness statements or testimonies from other guests about the state of the motel or how the accident happened
- Receipt from the motel detailing your stay
- Credit card statements and proof of payments
- Pictures of any defects
Once you have gotten as much proof as you can, you should file an incident report with the Econo Lodge. This can be a problem, though, as many motels will try to mask the defect or hazard and kick you out of the room so they can fix it before you get any proof. This way, they will not have anything to show when being investigated.
It is highly recommended that you contact a law group with experience handling claims against Econo Lodge.
What is the deadline to file a lawsuit against Econo Lodge
If you were hurt at an Econo Lodge in California, you will have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a claim. Premises liability lawsuits are a form of personal injury cases, and fall under the same regulations for duration. If you do not file a claim within this time period, you will be unable to do so in the future. The statute of limitations is in effect so that claims will be efficiently handled and nothing will sit on the shelves for years before being addressed
You do have the ability to postpone the statute of limitations in some scenarios. You can do so if you were involved in the accident when under the age of 18 years old (turning 18 will activate the statute) or when you were left incapacitated (returning to health or functionality will cause the statute to resume). Further, the defendant must be present in the state if you wish to se, and if he isn’t, the deadline will be extended.
Do not take the chance of missing the date for your lawsuit to be filed. Let our firm help you with suing Econo Lodge for injuries
What can I earn in restitution from an Econo Lodge injury lawsuit?
Victims of injuries suffered at Econo Lodge motels can receive a large amount of compensation in lawsuits
. The insurance agent handling the case will determine the value of it, and if you were left seriously hurt with large impacts to your life and career, your case may skyrocket in value. Our lawyers will negotiate a fairer deal to include all of the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future
- Lost income from the past and future
- Property damage
- Vacation reimbursement
- Pain and suffering damages
You should not have to pay off these bills if you were the victim of an accident at an Econo Lodge. We will do everything in our power to win you the maximum deal.
Why Choose Us
The Downtown LA Law Group
is the best choice if you wish to sue Econo Lodge for injuries suffered in an accident at the motel. We have years of experience in claims against such motels and we know the most successful strategies and tactics to win. Our aggressive lawyers are lauded as the best in the state, and we do not go down without a fight.
To schedule a free legal consultation, call our law firm at (888) 649-7166
today. We will talk you through the legal process and answer your questions. If you want to know more about the case, you are welcome to ask. We will also ensure that you pay nothing thanks to our zero fee guarantee. This is a promise that we will only get paid if we win, and the money will come from the insurance company settlement. If we lose, we don’t get paid at all, and you can walk away debt-free to our law firm.
Let the Downtown LA Law Group
provide you with an Econo Lodge injury lawyer to help you with your lawsuit.