What kind of incidents can happen at an Econo Lodge?The Econo Lodge is a motel chain that has nearly 1,000 locations across the United States. Because of the large amount of guests that are usually present at the motel, it is no surprise that the rooms are not always perfectly cleaned. It is also no surprise that the premises are not totally maintained and security isn’t up to scratch. There are many ways that you can be hurt at an Econo Lodge. Some of the types of incidents are listed below:
- Slip and fall: You can easily slip and fall on various surfaces at an Econo Lodge. The sidewalk can be broken or defective, the stairs and balconies may be shaky or not properly attached, the bathroom floors and showers may be excessively slippery, and much more. You can choose to file a slip and fall lawsuit if you were hurt after falling down at an Econo Lodge.
- Pool accidents: There are some Econo Lodges that have pools on the premises, whether indoor or outdoor, but they are often sites of accidents. The pools may not have lifeguards and the different parts of the pool, like the ladder and nearby floors, could be broken in some way. Many individuals have slipped when entering and exiting the pool, when walking near it, and from the excess water that was tracked around.
- Bed bugs: There may be a bed bug infestation present in a room at an Econo Lodge, or in many rooms because the infestation spread. Bed bugs are often brought in by travelers coming from other places; the bugs latch onto luggage and wreak havoc on the room. You may suffer numerous bites and have to throw out various belongings.
- Assault and battery: The motel may have a number of unseemly guests, some of whom are dangerous. They may be naturally violent or they may have been drinking alcohol at the motel bar. If the individual gains access to your room or commits a sexual assault on you while you are outside of your room, Econo Lodge can be held liable for your injuries.
- Structural accidents: There are some structural accidents that can happen at motels that can cause people to get injured. There may be problems with the roof, such as being weak after a lot of rain and snow, or with the walls. Windows can break, as well. Additionally, structures within the rooms can be defective. Chairs, beds, desks, and other pieces of furniture may break and cause you to fall and suffer injuries.
What are some injuries from Econo Lodge incidents?Econo Lodge incidents can result in a large amount of potential injuries. You may get hurt doing almost anything, but if you are left incapacitated or in a hard to reach area, it can be difficult to get treatment. You may get hurt in the following ways:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Bed bug bites
- Severed limbs
- Soft tissue damage
- Puncture wounds
- Crushing injuries
How can I sue for injuries at an Econo Lodge?Econo Lodge must provide its guests with safe premises and have all the proper upkeep and maintenance done on the motel. If there are noticeable defects or issues, the property owner should fix them as quickly as he can or ensure that the areas are not used by guests. However, many owners do not even provide ample warnings. If the Econo Lodge property owner is guilty of any of these points of negligence, you can sue for damages:
- The owner caused the hazard or incident in the first place
- The owner knew about the issue but took no actions to fix it or post warnings about the hazard
- The owner was unaware of the problem, but if he had been more attentive like any reasonable owner, he would have noticed it and fixed it
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- Pictures of your injuries
- Eyewitness statements or testimonies from other guests about the state of the motel or how the accident happened
- Receipt from the motel detailing your stay
- Credit card statements and proof of payments
- Pictures of any defects
What is the deadline to file a lawsuit against Econo LodgeIf you were hurt at an Econo Lodge in California, you will have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a claim. Premises liability lawsuits are a form of personal injury cases, and fall under the same regulations for duration. If you do not file a claim within this time period, you will be unable to do so in the future. The statute of limitations is in effect so that claims will be efficiently handled and nothing will sit on the shelves for years before being addressed You do have the ability to postpone the statute of limitations in some scenarios. You can do so if you were involved in the accident when under the age of 18 years old (turning 18 will activate the statute) or when you were left incapacitated (returning to health or functionality will cause the statute to resume). Further, the defendant must be present in the state if you wish to se, and if he isn’t, the deadline will be extended. Do not take the chance of missing the date for your lawsuit to be filed. Let our firm help you with suing Econo Lodge for injuries.
What can I earn in restitution from an Econo Lodge injury lawsuit?Victims of injuries suffered at Econo Lodge motels can receive a large amount of compensation in lawsuits. The insurance agent handling the case will determine the value of it, and if you were left seriously hurt with large impacts to your life and career, your case may skyrocket in value. Our lawyers will negotiate a fairer deal to include all of the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future
- Lost income from the past and future
- Property damage
- Vacation reimbursement
- Pain and suffering damages