Types of Hotel AccidentsA hotel accident is often more troublesome than an accident at another establish like a retail store or restaurant because of the relatively fewer amount of people nearby, which raises the risk of severity. If you slip and fall at a restaurant, there are always waiters and patrons nearby; restaurants are also smaller and easier to manage. A hotel, though, may not have a worker present on entire floors or in whole facilities; therefore, if you get hurt while by yourself, the damages could worsen. It is important that you be able to quickly find help if you are in an accident and you do not risk permanent damage.
- Swimming pool accidents, wherein diving boards are broken, ladders are not fastened to the pool, the floors are slippery, and more. One of the biggest issues with swimming pool accidents is that children face a higher risk of injury and death than adults do, often because they are allowed to go to the pool unsupervised. Hotel pools also do not always have lifeguards and workers nearby to make sure that nothing dangerous happens.
- Gym and spa accidents, which may occur because of hazards in walkways, equipment troubles, broken furniture, and more. Falling in the gym or spa can be dangerous but so can getting hurt because of a faulty machine. You do not want to suffer injuries if a machine suddenly broke a cable or could no longer hold the weight you put on the bars.
- Room accidents, which can include shower accidents and slips, trips from defective carpeting, falls from collapsed chairs and bed frames, and bed bug or other pest infestations. You should always investigate the room before you use it; if there are any issues, you should report them to the manager right away so you do not risk further injuries. However, slip and falls and other types of accidents are still likely to occur in private rooms.
- Physical and sexual assaults, which can happen if a hotel is not wary of who enters or if someone forces his way into the hotel. Many assaults are carried out by other guests and patrons, but not all; other times, individuals who are at the hotel for an event may harm another person staying there, or there may be civilians who decided to go to the hotel primarily to assault someone. Many hotels do not employ checks at the door to see if anyone has a room key or can provide a name and number for someone who is staying at the hotel.
- Property accidents, which may happen when there is structural damage to a hotel, a ceiling has fallen, walls are broken, doors don’t work or slam, sidewalks have cracks in them, stairs and elevators are broken, potholes are in the parking lot or parking structure, and much more. Slip and falls most commonly occur because of some kind of property damage, like a raised lip n the hallway or because of wet floors in the lobby.
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.If you have been involved in any kind of accident at a Wyndham Worldwide hotel, you should reach out to our firm for more assistance. We will take the next step and get started on the legal process to get compensation from the hotel’s insurance agency.
Injuries from a Hotel AccidentThere are many types of ways that you can be hurt in the accidents listed above, and the ensuing injuries may be devastating or permanent. It is not common, though; many damages are not serious and heal up within a few weeks. There may be slight losses, but thankfully, there is not often long-lasting suffering. We have seen injuries like the following occur because of hotel accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damages
- Hip and knee injuries
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Bug bites
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.Some injuries may result in the need for extensive or numerous surgeries and physical therapy, while others may sideline you and cause you to need bed rest. Whether or not your injuries were serious or minor, you should reach out to our firm proper litigation and to find a qualified doctor who can help you with your physical injuries.
Premises Liability of a HotelHotel guests and patrons are either invitees or licensees (individuals who are on the process for mutual gain, like paying customers, and individuals who are there for personal entertainment or enjoyment). They are afforded the highest duties of care respectively, followed by trespassers, who have no legal right to be on the property. Your status will play a part in your lawsuit. To sue the Wyndham Worldwide hotel for your injuries, you must be able to show that the hotel was negligent in some way or acted in a way that violated premises liability. Premises liability requires that the property owner either caused the hazard, acknowledged the issue but did nothing to fix it, or missed the issue yet should have been aware had the manager been careful and paid adequate attention. Premises liability is an extension of personal injury, which requires four points of negligence in order for victims of accidents to sue. To establish negligence, you must have been owed a duty of care that was violated in some manner, and the breach of duty must have led to an accident or incident that resulted in physical injuries. If there were no injuries, then you cannot file a personal injury or premises liability claim. contact our expert attorneys.
Compensation from a Wyndham Worldwide Hotel AccidentA lawsuit against Wyndham Worldwide can result in various kinds of compensation for your damages. The extent and severity of your injuries, as well as how much of an impact they had on your life and career, will play a part in determining the worth of your claim, as will the level of negligence you exhibited in the incident. It will be our job to negotiate the maximum settlement from the insurance company. You may be able to win the following kinds of damages:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for medication, surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, and more
- Property damage if any personal belongings were damaged in the accident
- Lost wages from your job, as well as missed income, benefits, bonuses, future income, and more
- Pain and suffering damages for fear, PTSD, anxiety, psychological trauma, and other emotional issues
To speak with a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer, call (213) 389-3765.