If you are on vacation or spending a night at a hotel for an event, you should not be in risk of any dangerous situations or injuries. You should be given the utmost care available and not have to worry about whether or not a section of the hotel is harmful or hazardous. However, that is simply not the case with many establishments, especially those of Wyndham Worldwide. There are many hotels that are dilapidated, unkempt, dangerous, or else not properly maintained; they are hotspots for accidents and damages. If you were involved in an accident at a Wyndham Worldwide hotel, you can contact our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group, to get started on your claim. We will take action against the insurance company and strive to get you paid the maximum settlement for your injuries.
Types of Hotel Accidents
A hotel accident is often more troublesome than an accident at another establish like a retail store or restaurant because of the relatively fewer amount of people nearby, which raises the risk of severity. If you slip and fall at a restaurant, there are always waiters and patrons nearby; restaurants are also smaller and easier to manage. A hotel, though, may not have a worker present on entire floors or in whole facilities; therefore, if you get hurt while by yourself, the damages could worsen. It is important that you be able to quickly find help if you are in an accident and you do not risk permanent damage.
– Los Angeles Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Some of the accidents that can happen in hotels include:
- Swimming pool accidents, wherein diving boards are broken, ladders are not fastened to the pool, the floors are slippery, and more. One of the biggest issues with swimming pool accidents is that children face a higher risk of injury and death than adults do, often because they are allowed to go to the pool unsupervised. Hotel pools also do not always have lifeguards and workers nearby to make sure that nothing dangerous happens.
- Gym and spa accidents, which may occur because of hazards in walkways, equipment troubles, broken furniture, and more. Falling in the gym or spa can be dangerous but so can getting hurt because of a faulty machine. You do not want to suffer injuries if a machine suddenly broke a cable or could no longer hold the weight you put on the bars.
- Room accidents, which can include shower accidents and slips, trips from defective carpeting, falls from collapsed chairs and bed frames, and bed bug or other pest infestations. You should always investigate the room before you use it; if there are any issues, you should report them to the manager right away so you do not risk further injuries. However, slip and falls and other types of accidents are still likely to occur in private rooms.
- Physical and sexual assaults, which can happen if a hotel is not wary of who enters or if someone forces his way into the hotel. Many assaults are carried out by other guests and patrons, but not all; other times, individuals who are at the hotel for an event may harm another person staying there, or there may be civilians who decided to go to the hotel primarily to assault someone. Many hotels do not employ checks at the door to see if anyone has a room key or can provide a name and number for someone who is staying at the hotel.
- Property accidents, which may happen when there is structural damage to a hotel, a ceiling has fallen, walls are broken, doors don’t work or slam, sidewalks have cracks in them, stairs and elevators are broken, potholes are in the parking lot or parking structure, and much more. Slip and falls most commonly occur because of some kind of property damage, like a raised lip n the hallway or because of wet floors in the lobby.
Get started today by calling (888) 649-7166.
If you have been involved in any kind of accident at a Wyndham Worldwide hotel, you should reach out to our firm for more assistance. We will take the next step and get started on the legal process to get compensation from the hotel’s insurance agency.
– Hotel Liability for Accidents and Injuries
Injuries from a Hotel Accident
There are many types of ways that you can be hurt in the accidents listed above, and the ensuing injuries may be devastating or permanent. It is not common, though; many damages are not serious and heal up within a few weeks. There may be slight losses, but thankfully, there is not often long-lasting suffering. We have seen injuries like the following occur because of hotel accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Spinal cord damages
- Hip and knee injuries
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Bug bites
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (888) 649-7166.
Some injuries may result in the need for extensive or numerous surgeries and physical therapy, while others may sideline you and cause you to need bed rest. Whether or not your injuries were serious or minor, you should reach out to our firm proper litigation and to find a qualified doctor who can help you with your physical injuries.
– Hotel Owner and Operator Liability
Premises Liability of a Hotel
Hotel guests and patrons are either invitees or licensees (individuals who are on the process for mutual gain, like paying customers, and individuals who are there for personal entertainment or enjoyment). They are afforded the highest duties of care respectively, followed by trespassers, who have no legal right to be on the property. Your status will play a part in your lawsuit. To sue the Wyndham Worldwide hotel for your injuries, you must be able to show that the hotel was negligent in some way or acted in a way that violated premises liability. Premises liability requires that the property owner either caused the hazard, acknowledged the issue but did nothing to fix it, or missed the issue yet should have been aware had the manager been careful and paid adequate attention.
How do I protect myself from an elevator accident?
For example, if the floor in the restaurant in the hotel was slippery, the workers should have placed a sign down indicating the risk, and should have attempted to clean the area. A lack of a sign or no intention to protect patrons can easily be used as foundation for a premises liability claim. Premises liability is an extension of personal injury, which requires four points of negligence in order for victims of accidents to sue. To establish negligence, you must have been owed a duty of care that was violated in some manner, and the breach of duty must have led to an accident or incident that resulted in physical injuries. If there were no injuries, then you cannot file a personal injury or premises liability claim.
– Swimming Pool Drowning Lawyer
You can also potentially find another party liable. For example, if you were a victim of a sexual assault or some other assault, you could sue the hotel for failing to provide security as well as the perpetrator of the assault. For the best chance at proving liability of the hotel, contact our expert attorneys.
– Health Club Injury Attorneys
Compensation from a Wyndham Worldwide Hotel Accident
A lawsuit against Wyndham Worldwide can result in various kinds of compensation for your damages. The extent and severity of your injuries, as well as how much of an impact they had on your life and career, will play a part in determining the worth of your claim, as will the level of negligence you exhibited in the incident. It will be our job to negotiate the maximum settlement from the insurance company. You may be able to win the following kinds of damages:
- Medical expenses from the past and future for medication, surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, and more
- Property damage if any personal belongings were damaged in the accident
- Lost wages from your job, as well as missed income, benefits, bonuses, future income, and more
- Pain and suffering damages for fear, PTSD, anxiety, psychological trauma, and other emotional issues
– Escalator accident attorney
You will have to display the medical records and other proof of losses to get the damages reimbursed. We will work to show that you were not at fault and that the hotel should have been more careful in its actions.
To speak with a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer, call (888) 649-7166.
The Best Firm in Town
Our law firm has years of combined experience handling personal injury claims and lawsuits against hotels. We have been able to recover hundreds of millions of dollars from responsible parties, including hotel chains and establishments like Wyndham Worldwide. Our lawyers are some of the most aggressive litigators around; we will tirelessly work to win your claim and will not rest until we are satisfied with the result.
– Casino Accidents
For a free legal consultation, reach out to our offices today. We will walk you through the legal process and answer all the questions you have stored. If you are interested in hiring us, you will receive our zero fee guarantee, which dictates that we won’t get paid unless and until we win your claim; further, the money for our expenses will come from the settlement we win from the insurance company, not your own pockets.
– Radisson hotel injuries
To learn more about suing Wyndham Worldwide for your damages, contact the Downtown LA Law Group today