are among the many hospitality establishments in the country. These hotels host thousands of guests every week, and as such, the amount of upkeep required to maintain the safety and presentation of the establishment is quite high. There are many maintenance workers and staff members who strive to ensure that there are clean rooms and facilities available for all guests, but on some occasions, there are hazards, issues, and other problems with the hotel that cause accidents and incidents
. Some of these accidents are the direct result of Travelodge’s negligence, while others can be attributed to the misdeeds of other individuals. If you were a guest at a Travelodge Hotel and you suffered an injury in an accident, you could take legal action. Our law firm, the Downtown LA Law Group
, will take on your case for you and strive to win you the damages you deserve.
Accidents in Travelodge Hotels
Travelodge Hotels have numerous facilities that can be used by guess. These facilities are not usually as meticulously maintained as the rooms are because of a lesser turnover rate; there are more visitors and guests in the hotel rooms than there are in the gym every day, for example. Thus, staff may not pay as close attention, which leaves the areas open to the possibility of hazards. Generally, hotels feature a lot of slip and falls and trip and falls, primarily due to wet floors and objects or hazards in the walkways and hallways. Some of the types of hazards and accidents that can unfold at a Travelodge include:
- Gym accidents: The gym hosts weight training equipment, machines, cables, free weights, and other necessities for exercise. However, some of the machines and equipment may be broken or defective, which can cause serious injuries. An injury can occur mid-exercise, such as when a bar suddenly breaks or when a cable snaps on a machine. In addition ot the gym, the spa can feature similar accidents, minus the weights.
- Swimming pool accidents: The swimming pool is usually open to everyone, but there may not be a lifeguard there for safety preservation. Some parents and families bring their children, and the lack of supervision is innately risky. Swimming pool accidents have happened when swimmers have slipped and fallen on the tile and landed hard on their heads next to the pool, when diving boards have broken mid-use, and when ladders have malfunctioned or disconnected from the pool.
- Room accidents: Hotel rooms themselves often see a lot of usage, which means a lot of wear and tear on the furniture and such. Many guests have filed complaints because of room accidents, which can incorporate broken bed frames, collapsed chairs, slippery showers without handrails, and more. There have also been reports of vermin and bed bugs, the latter of which is a prevailing problem that affects thousands of hotels across the country.
- Structure and grounds accidents: The structure of the hotel is very important, but if there are issues with it, accidents can happen. A ceiling may collapse, stairs may break, elevators may malfunction, and more. Additionally, there may be cracks in the sidewalk, potholes in the parking lot, raised sidewalks or hidden steps in other areas, and many more.
- Assault: Hotels do not only feature paying guests. There may be individuals who only go to the hotel bar or attendees of an event that is being hosted at the hotel. Physical assault and sexual assault is not uncommon and can be carried out by other guests, civilians, staff, maintenance workers, security guards, and more.
How do I protect myself from an elevator accident?
These accidents can be devastating in their own rights. Some individuals have suffered intense and serious damages that took months or years to heal. If you have been involved in such an occurrence, you should pursue legal action against the responsible party.
Travelodge Hotel Injuries
There are numerous injuries that can be suffered at Travelodge Hotels. A small list includes the following:
- Broken bones
- Electric shocks
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Muscle damage
- Ligament damage
- Torn tendons
- Nerve damage
- Hip damage
- Knee injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and disc damage
The recovery period for these injuries can last anywhere between a few weeks to years, if there is any chance to recover at all. Treatment can be tedious and expensive, so it is a recommended course of action that you take appropriate legal action against the Travelodge Hotel responsible for your injuries.
Travelodge Hotel Accident Premises Liability
To sue a Travelodge Hotel, you must show that the establishment owed you a duty of care that was breached, which in turn led to na accident that caused physical harm. This is the basis of negligence for a personal injury lawsuit. A premises liability case, though, requires that you prove one of these three points to sue the property owner:
- Owner caused the hazard on the property or caused the accident
- Owner was aware of the trouble on the property but did nothing to fix it or address it
- Owner was unaware of any hazards or issues on the property, but had he been diligent, he reasonably should have been
To successfully file a claim, therefore, you will have to gather adequate evidence to show that the property owner was negligent. Some of the evidence you should include can be found below:
- Pictures and videos of your injuries
- Photographs of the scene of the accident
- Security videos or surveillance footage
- Receipts from the hotel or from your credit card statements
- Eyewitness reports or other guests’ testimonies
- Incident report against the hotel
In order to file a personal injury lawsuit against Travelodge, you must have been hurt. Therefore, you will need copies of your medical bills and receipts. You should get medical attention at once after the incident so that you do not risk further damages and so that the insurance agency does not cast doubt on your claim.
It should be known that you should not alert the hotel to the incident until you have gathered your necessary evidence. This is because the Travelodge will likely try to destroy the evidence before it comes to light or to conceal it. You should also not accept any compensation from the hotel, like travel discounts, free stays and vacations, complimentary gifts, and more.
Your goal should be to hire a skilled lawyer who can handle accident claims against Travelodge. You may not have the legal experience needed to deal with a lawsuit, and you may be in a compromised state, whether physically or mentally. Legal representation will allow you to heal and focus on returning to your normal life; our attorneys will take care of the rest for you.
Statute of Limitations on Premises Liability Claims against a Travelodge Hotel
The statute of limitations in California is two years form the date of the injury. If you have not filed a claim within that deadline, you will be barred from doing so in the future. This is why it is important to take legal action quickly – the more efficient you are and the sooner you submit your evidence, the more likely it is that you will succeed. There is generally a decreased chance that the evidence will become lost or corrupted, that witnesses will fail to remember certain events, and that the compensation will be unavailable.
You may be able to have the statute of limitations extended, though. This is often the case when a minor is an accident (underage individuals do not have to adhere to the statute until they turn 18 years old), when an individual is left physically or mentally unable to sue (the statute will not start until he returns to functioning mind and body), or when the defendant flees the state (the statute will be suspended while the defendant is gone and will resume when he returns).
To ensure that you are filing your claim in the right amount of time, you should work with one of our qualified attorneys with experience against Travelodge Hotels
Travelodge Hotel Accident Compensation
The potential compensation you can receive from an accident at a Travelodge Hotel will vary according to the degree of your injuries, the severity of the damage, the level of impact the damages had on your life and career, your level of negligence or carelessness in the accident and more. However, that all primarily determines the amount or value. The types of compensation include:
- Coverage for medical bills from the past and future
- Property damage for lost or broken items
- Missed income from the past and future
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional trauma and psychological anguish
The insurance agent will do everything in his power to reduce this compensation to as little money as possible. It may be many weeks before the agent is willing to negotiate to a respectable amount. No matter what, we aim to bring you the maximum settlement available.
Why Choose Our Firm
The Downtown LA Law Group
is heralded as one of the premier law firms in the city. We have a long history of success and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients. We are no strangers to Travelodge Hotel accidents and lawsuits, and we know the best ways to win your claim. Our attorneys are known for being aggressive and persevering, and we will not stop chasing what you rightfully deserve.
Call our offices today at (888) 649-7166
for a free legal consultation. If you have any questions, we will answer them and help you understand the legal process. We will tell you what we think your case is worth and how we can proceed. If you wish to hire our firm, we’ll ensure that you spend no money of your own thanks to our zero fee guarantee. This promises that your finances will not get touched at all. We will cover the costs of the case and will only get paid if we win; the money will be taken from a portion of the settlement we win from the insurance agency. If we lose, we do not get paid at all.
Let our law firm, the DTLA Law Group, help you with your lawsuit against Travelodge Hotels