Accidents in Travelodge HotelsTravelodge Hotels have numerous facilities that can be used by guess. These facilities are not usually as meticulously maintained as the rooms are because of a lesser turnover rate; there are more visitors and guests in the hotel rooms than there are in the gym every day, for example. Thus, staff may not pay as close attention, which leaves the areas open to the possibility of hazards. Generally, hotels feature a lot of slip and falls and trip and falls, primarily due to wet floors and objects or hazards in the walkways and hallways. Some of the types of hazards and accidents that can unfold at a Travelodge include:
- Gym accidents: The gym hosts weight training equipment, machines, cables, free weights, and other necessities for exercise. However, some of the machines and equipment may be broken or defective, which can cause serious injuries. An injury can occur mid-exercise, such as when a bar suddenly breaks or when a cable snaps on a machine. In addition ot the gym, the spa can feature similar accidents, minus the weights.
- Swimming pool accidents: The swimming pool is usually open to everyone, but there may not be a lifeguard there for safety preservation. Some parents and families bring their children, and the lack of supervision is innately risky. Swimming pool accidents have happened when swimmers have slipped and fallen on the tile and landed hard on their heads next to the pool, when diving boards have broken mid-use, and when ladders have malfunctioned or disconnected from the pool.
- Room accidents: Hotel rooms themselves often see a lot of usage, which means a lot of wear and tear on the furniture and such. Many guests have filed complaints because of room accidents, which can incorporate broken bed frames, collapsed chairs, slippery showers without handrails, and more. There have also been reports of vermin and bed bugs, the latter of which is a prevailing problem that affects thousands of hotels across the country.
- Structure and grounds accidents: The structure of the hotel is very important, but if there are issues with it, accidents can happen. A ceiling may collapse, stairs may break, elevators may malfunction, and more. Additionally, there may be cracks in the sidewalk, potholes in the parking lot, raised sidewalks or hidden steps in other areas, and many more.
- Assault: Hotels do not only feature paying guests. There may be individuals who only go to the hotel bar or attendees of an event that is being hosted at the hotel. Physical assault and sexual assault is not uncommon and can be carried out by other guests, civilians, staff, maintenance workers, security guards, and more.
Travelodge Hotel InjuriesThere are numerous injuries that can be suffered at Travelodge Hotels. A small list includes the following:
- Broken bones
- Electric shocks
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Muscle damage
- Ligament damage
- Torn tendons
- Nerve damage
- Hip damage
- Knee injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and disc damage
Travelodge Hotel Accident Premises LiabilityTo sue a Travelodge Hotel, you must show that the establishment owed you a duty of care that was breached, which in turn led to na accident that caused physical harm. This is the basis of negligence for a personal injury lawsuit. A premises liability case, though, requires that you prove one of these three points to sue the property owner:
- Owner caused the hazard on the property or caused the accident
- Owner was aware of the trouble on the property but did nothing to fix it or address it
- Owner was unaware of any hazards or issues on the property, but had he been diligent, he reasonably should have been
- Pictures and videos of your injuries
- Photographs of the scene of the accident
- Security videos or surveillance footage
- Receipts from the hotel or from your credit card statements
- Eyewitness reports or other guests’ testimonies
- Incident report against the hotel
Statute of Limitations on Premises Liability Claims against a Travelodge HotelThe statute of limitations in California is two years form the date of the injury. If you have not filed a claim within that deadline, you will be barred from doing so in the future. This is why it is important to take legal action quickly – the more efficient you are and the sooner you submit your evidence, the more likely it is that you will succeed. There is generally a decreased chance that the evidence will become lost or corrupted, that witnesses will fail to remember certain events, and that the compensation will be unavailable. You may be able to have the statute of limitations extended, though. This is often the case when a minor is an accident (underage individuals do not have to adhere to the statute until they turn 18 years old), when an individual is left physically or mentally unable to sue (the statute will not start until he returns to functioning mind and body), or when the defendant flees the state (the statute will be suspended while the defendant is gone and will resume when he returns). To ensure that you are filing your claim in the right amount of time, you should work with one of our qualified attorneys with experience against Travelodge Hotels.
Travelodge Hotel Accident CompensationThe potential compensation you can receive from an accident at a Travelodge Hotel will vary according to the degree of your injuries, the severity of the damage, the level of impact the damages had on your life and career, your level of negligence or carelessness in the accident and more. However, that all primarily determines the amount or value. The types of compensation include:
- Coverage for medical bills from the past and future
- Property damage for lost or broken items
- Missed income from the past and future
- Pain and suffering damages for emotional trauma and psychological anguish