If you have been involved in an accident at Hampton Inn or other hotel
, it is n your best interest to take legal action with the help our law firm the Downtown LA Law Group
. Too often, victims of accident do not know which direction to take or which way to turn after they have been hurt at such an establishment. The insurance agency will not be helpful and the hotel will do all it can to prevent you from suing. Our Hampton Inn injury lawyers
will work to secure you the payment you deserve.
Accidents at the Hampton Inn Hotel
Guests at Hampton Inn hotels are susceptible to certain accidents. The accidents may happen because of the negligence of the property manager or because of other guests acting without care. There may be problems with facilities and the grounds at the hotel, which would fall on maintenance and staff to oversee and correct,, or there may be other occurrences involving security guards and patrons. A few examples of the types of incidents that can occur at hotels can be found here:
- Gym accidents and spa accidents where weight machines, treadmills, benches, dumbbells, and more can break of malfunction, resulting in injuries
- Swimming pool accidents where there are broken diving boards and ladders, which can lead to individuals slipping and hitting their heads on the tiles or cement
- Floor accidents where slip and falls, trip and falls, and other incidents can arise because of water, spilled beverages, torn carpets and rugs, hazards in the walkways, uneven steps and grounds, and more
- Room accidents where furniture breaks, chairs collapse, bed frames snap, showers can be too slippery or broken, and bed bugs and other vermin can infest the room
- Sexual assaults and physical assaults carried out by drunk bar patrons, other guests, security guards, hotel staff, and civilians who have managed to make their way into the hotels because of no security measures to keep them out
You should always be extremely careful when at a hotel. You cannot bank on the establishment being thorough and careful with everything, and you should practice your due diligence in staying safe. If you have been in an accident, you can contact our Hampton Inn injury attorneys.
Injures from a Hampton Inn Accident
Because there are so many different accidents, it is only fitting that there are equally as many injuries. The type of injury will be critical in your lawsuit; if you are particularly hurt, your claim will be worth more money than other claims. This is because the severity and impact of the injury factors into the choices the insurance agent makes when weighing the value of a claim. Some injuries you can suffer are:
- Torn muscles
- Nerve damage
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- LCL, MCL, and ACL damages and other knee injuries
- Hip injuries
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Spinal cord damage
- Neck injuries
- Facial damages
- Paraplegia and quadriplegia
These injuries can e severe, permanent, and extremely impactful. You should not take hotel accidents at the Hampton Inn lightly, and always pursue adequate medical treatment when available.
Hampton Inn Hotel Accident Procedure
We know that it can be difficult to make decisions in the aftermath of an accident. If you do not know what to do, you should always stay calm and contact an attorney to walk you through the process. By following these steps, you’re guaranteed to have the best foundation for your lawsuit and to not run the risk of losing key evidence like so many other victims tend to do.
You should adhere to these steps after an accident:
Can I sue for Hotel Room Bed Bug Infestation Injuries
- Go to the doctor or call paramedics for treatment
- Keep all copies of doctor’s notes, medical receipts, X-rays, and more from the visit
- Even if you are not injured, get treatment or take a visit so that the insurance agent cannot claim you were hurt elsewhere and so that you are certain you do not have lingering, invisible, or unknown damages
- Photograph the damages you suffered
- Take pictures of the hotel and scene of the accident
- Request security tapes and footage
- Write down any contact information or insurance details of any other parties that were involved in the incident
- Interview eyewitnesses for their statements about what happened
- Hold on to your proof of payment to the hotel, credit card receipts, and anything else that show that you were a legal guest
- File an incident report with the hotel
- Do not alert the hotel management to the accident until after you have gathered the evidence you can by yourself, as they will try to suppress some or prevent you from getting additional proof
- Do not accept any compensation, free rooms, discounted stays, or other perks and benefits from the management
- Contact an expert lawyer to handle your claim for you, as you will likely have a hard time suing Hampton Inn if you have no legal experience
Legal Details for a Hampton Inn Lawsuit
If you plan on suing Hampton Inn for injuries you suffered in an accident, you must be bale to prove that the hotel or staff was negligent. A personal injury claim requires that you show that you were owed a duty of care that was breached and led to an accident and physical harm. For premises liability cases, though, you must show only one of the following:
Hotel Sexual Assault Injury Attorney
- The property owner knew about the hazard or problem and did not take any actions to fix it
- The property owner caused the incident or hazard by his own actions and choices
- The property owner did not know about the hazard or problem but reasonably should have if he paid close enough attention or investigated more thoroughly
You must also take into consideration what kind of individual you would be counted as while at the hotel. If you are a paying guest, you are considered an invitee, and are thus given the highest duty of care. Licensees are individuals such as social guests who are not on the property for a financial exchange; they are not owed as much of a duty of care as invitees. Trespassers are those with no legal right to be on the property; they are afforded the fewest rights, but still have some (such as with traps).
You can be sure to know what steps to take and what kind of negligence you will need to prove with the help of our expert Hampton Inn accident lawyers.
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 with a representative now.
Slip and Fall Lawsuit Questions
Compensation from a Hampton Inn Accident
If you have been injured in an accident at a Hampton Inn, you should pursue the compensation you deserve from the establishment or the responsible party. You should not be expected to cover the expenses that stemmed from the incident and aftermath if you were not injured because of your own error or mistakes. Legal action can be taken and a case can be won in your favor to earn the following:
Hotel Liability for Accidents and Injuries
- Medical bills from the past and future for surgery, hospitalization, medication, rehab, and more
- Property damage if anything you owed was lost or broken in the incident
- Lost wages if you could not return to work because of your injuries, as well as future missed income if you required additional treatments and time off after the incident
- Pain and suffering damages for fear, anxiety, PTSD, and other emotional trauma suffered at the hotel
In all likelihood, it will be very difficult to win these damages from such a notable institution as the Hampton Inn. You may not have the ability, knowledge, time, energy, or funds to handle a case against the company by yourself. It is generally recommended that you get assistance from a skilled lawyer with experience in lawsuits against the Hampton Inn.
Time Limit to Sue for a Hampton Inn Injury
In the State of California, you only have 2 years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit against the Hampton Inn. It is important that you follow the statute of limitations very closely, as you can potentially run out of time to sue and will be denied any compensation. We recommend filing a claim quickly so that your evidence does not get corrupted or lost and so that all involved parties will remember the events much clearer.
Hotel Room Personal Injury Lawyer | Bathroom Slip Fall Accident
In some situations, the statute of limitations can be extended. This is most common in incidents involving minors; because minors cannot sue by themselves, they can wait until they are 18 years old to file a lawsuit. Further, if a victim of an incident has been left seriously injured or mentally incapacitated, he can wait until he returns to proper health before taking action. Additionally, the defendant must be present in the state in order to be sued; if he is not, the statute of limitations is temporarily suspended until he returns.
Learn more about your legal options: Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
You may not know how much time you have left to file a claim for the injuries sustained at a Hampton Inn. If so, you can contact you law firm for more assistance.
Hotel Owner and Operator Liability
Choosing Us at DTLA Law Group
The Downtown LA Law Group
has a history of winning hotel accident cases for our clients. We are highly rated and our track record speaks for itself. We are relentless and will aggressively hunt for your rightful restitution, no matter what. We won’t stop pursuing and negotiating with the insurance agent until we are satisfied with the result. If we aren’t, we will take your case to court.
Swimming Pool Drowning Lawyer
For a free legal consultation, call our firm today. All consultations are confidential and you do not have to worry about any of your private information getting shred elsewhere. We will also tell you more about our zero fee guarantee, which is a promise that you will not have to pay us a single dollar out of your own pockets. We will cover the costs of the case and will only get paid if we win. If we lose, we don’t collect any payment at all, and you can walk away debt free to our firm. Regardless, your finances will not take a hit.
Let our Hampton Inn accident injury attorneys
help you with your case. Contact the DTLA Law Group