Best Western AccidentsThe different types of accidents that can happen in hotels may lead to serious injuries. The facilities that are in the buildings are often the site of such accidents, but the external grounds and parking lots can lead to incidents as well. For example, slip and falls are common in parking structures and outside on cracked sidewalks. There are also times when individuals can be hurt by vehicles, get hurt by falling debris from construction, and more.
- Pool accidents, which may occur because a diving board is broken, a ladder is broken or not fastened to the pool correctly, the floor is slippery, and more
- Gym accidents, which happen because equipment is broken, floors haven’t been cleaned, machines are defective, and more
- Room incidents, which can include bed bug infestations or other vermin and pests, broken showers leading to slip and falls, collapsed chairs or beds, falling ceilings, and more
- Elevator accidents, which happen due to an elevator suddenly dropping or closing
- Spa accidents, which occur when individuals trip on materials or slip because of the moisture on the floor
Best Western Injuries and DamagesVictims of accidents at Best Western may get hurt in numerous ways. Among the worst forms of accidents include those that happen to children; it is common for kids to be hurt in swimming pool accidents, for instance, because of how many families there are and thanks to the fact that lifeguards and maintenance workers are not present, as stated above. Kids can slip and suffer concussions, head injuries, traumatic brain injuries, cuts and bruises, and even drown.
- Broken bones
- Facial damages
- LCL, ACL, MCL, and other knee injuries
- Hip damage
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Herniated or bulging discs
- Nerve damage
- Aggravation of previous injuries
Learn more about your options for compensation by calling (213) 389-3765.
Liability in Hotel IncidentsHotels and other establishments in the hospitality industry must do all they can to protect customers and provide them with safe, sanitary rooms. Further, they must not make it dangerous for the guests to be on the property, and must do all they can to protect their patrons to the best of their ability. If you were injured while at a Best Western, you can hold the company liable if you can prove one of the following:
- The hotel knew about the hazard or risk and did nothing to fix it
- The hotel caused the accident or hazard
- The hotel manager or owner was unaware of the issue, but he reasonably should have known if he had been more attentive or careful
Procedure after a Hotel AccidentIf you have been injured in a hotel accident, you should follow these steps to ensure that you are protected and in good shape for your claim. First, call the paramedics or go to the doctor to get treatment. You may be more hurt than you think, especially if adrenaline is at work. It is also beneficial for your claim; if you have too much time between the injury and the treatment, the insurance agent will be dubious and not feel like you were hurt in the specific incident. You can then retain all medical records, charts, X-rays, doctor’s notes, and receipts to show the extent of your treatment.
Get started today by calling (213) 389-3765.File an incident report with the hotel. You should not do this until after you have gathered your evidence, though, as the hotel may try to prevent you from getting any proof. The staff may quarantine the area, immediately fix the issue, give you another room, and do anything else that would stop you from acquiring proof.
Compensation from a Hotel LawsuitYou should be given the maximum compensation available from a hotel accident if you were hurt because of the establishment’s negligence. Our lawyers will strive to bring you the full coverage available, no matter what it takes. You can be given restitution for the following:
- Medical bills from the past and future for surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, and more
- Lost income from your job from the past and future
- Property damage to any of your belongings
- Pain and suffering for your emotional trauma, anxiety, fear, PTSD, and more