At Downtown LA Law Group, we routinely take cases from clients regarding Doubletree Hotel by Hilton accidents and injuries. We can sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for a slip and fall accident, sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for assault by a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton security guard, sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton because a chair at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton broke and caused you injury, and more. Hotels generally are rather large and need to be maintained by a sizeable crew. However, managers often under-staff and do not have enough people to make sure that every room is safe and that there are no dangerous areas of the hotel. If a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton is negligent, you can file a lawsuit with the help of our attorneys.
Can You Sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for an Accident?
You can sue the hotel if you were involved in an accident on its grounds. If the accident resulted in you losing out on property, such as part of the parking structure collapsed on your car, you could sue for damaged goods and for the inevitable loss of income if you cannot make it to work for a few days.
– Premises Liability Attorney
Can I Sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for an Injury?
You can sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for an injury if the injury were caused an accident that resulted from the negligence of the hotel. That is, if the hotel contributed to the incident in some way, you can file a claim. Some situations in which you can sue include:
- You slipped and fell at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton and want to file a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton slip and fall lawsuit
- You wish to sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for bed bugs
- You were attacked by a security guard at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton and want to take legal action
- You fell in the shower at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton because of a defect
- You were injured at a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton spa because of a caretaker’s negligent action
- You were in a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton swimming pool accident and got hurt while swimming
- Something from the ceiling at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton fell and struck you
- A falling object at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton injured you
- Gym accident at a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton gym leading to damages
- Stairwell or staircase fall injury at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton
From these situations, many injuries can result. A few include:
- Broke your arm
- Broke your neck
- Broke your hip
- Hip injury
- Broke your back
- Facial injuries
- Electric shocks
- Nerve damage
- Torn muscles
- Neck injury
- Leg injury
- Head injury
- Brain injury
- Herniated disc
Find out more about how we can help you. Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
How to File a Personal Injury Claim Against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton
If you want to figure out how to file a lawsuit against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for a slip and fall, we can help you. A slip and fall claim, or any personal injury claim involving the hotel, requires the proving of negligence. Negligence is the idea that the hotel could have acted in a better or safer manner and by choosing to do nothing or to act against the law, it is liable for any consequent accidents and injuries. There are four main points of negligence that must all be proven in order to file a personal injury claim. They are as follows:
- You were owed a duty of care
- The duty of care was breached in some way
- The breach of duty led to an accident or incident
- The incident resulted in physical injuries
If you were not physically harmed in the incident, you will not be able to receive any compensation for your damages. You will only be able to pursue specific losses, like property damage and wage reimbursement. Beyond merely filing a personal injury lawsuit, you will also likely file a more specific kind of claim: a premises liability lawsuit. This primarily deals with private properties and the relationships that the property owners have with the individuals who enter the property. Invitees are individuals who enter the property for a mutual benefit, such as paying customers for the hotel. Licensees are social guests who are not there exchanging funds. Trespassers, though, do not have any legal right to be present, and are thus afforded the least care of all. In order to sue for premises liability, you must prove that the hotel owner or property manager either:
- Knew about the hazard and chose to do nothing to fix it
- Caused the hazard or incident in some way
- Was not aware of the hazard but should have reasonably known about it
Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that the property manager should know about certain hazards like a falling ceiling. If you suffered a spa injury at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton or if you were injured at Doubletree Hotel by Hilton swimming pool, there may be other reasons that are slightly dissimilar to premises liability. If there were discarded items or slippery floors, the owner should have been more dutiful in hiring attentive workers.
Learn more about your legal options: Call (888) 649-7166 to speak with a representative now.
If a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton chair collapsed, you could sue due to the manager not having the maintenance crew properly investigate rooms between rentals. For the same reason, you could potentially sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for a shower accident. Proving premises liability may be difficult if there are other factors at play. For instance, if you want to file a bed bug lawsuit against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, you should have ample evidence of the creatures. It will be much harder to sue if you are at home and noticed the infestation there as opposed to while you were at the hotel. Additionally, if a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton security guard assaulted or attacked you, you can sue – but you may not be able to sue the hotel if the security guard were part of a third-party company. It is imperative that you speak with one of our experienced lawyers for Doubletree Hotel by Hilton lawsuits who can clear up any foggy matters and ensure that you make the best choices moving forward with your claim.
Here Is How to File a Claim Against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton
- Go to the doctor for medical treatment
- Keep receipts and medical notes
- Photograph your injuries
- Photograph the hazard or scene of the accident
- Print your receipts for your stay at the hotel
- Write down eyewitness information and collect statements and testimonies
- Collect insurance details and contact information
- Request security tapes and surveillance footage
- Do not alert the hotel until you have gathered evidence
- File an incident report with the hotel manager
- Refuse free compensation and other offers
- Contact a lawyer with experience in Doubletree Hotel by Hilton lawsuits
Time Limit To Sue For Compensation
In California, you have 2 years from the date of the injury to take legal action against the hotel if you were injured in an accident. The statute of limitations is in place to make sure that claims are not unfairly filed years into the future when the evidence is lacking and when the defendant cannot adequately pay for any possible damages. The downside is that if you do not file a claim within the time limit, you will be unable to do so in the future, and you will miss out completely on what you should receive. Many individuals do not know where to file a claim for injury while staying at a Doubletree Hotel by Hilton or that a statute of limitations even exists. They easily miss out on compensation because of a lack of knowledge. It is important, therefore, that you speak with an attorney if you plan to sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for a trip and fall accident resulting in injury. We will guarantee that you won’t miss a single deadline. We will also see to it that you are granted an exception if you are eligible for one. The statute can be suspended or extended in a few situations; these situations include when minors are injured (statute starts at 18 years old), when plaintiffs are left mentally or physically incapacitated (statute begins upon returning to health), and when defendants leave the state (statute resumes when the defendant moves back or comes back from a trip).
Possible Compensation from a Hotel Lawsuit
If you were injured in an accident at a hotel, you should be fairly compensated for your damages. These losses can add up, and you may owe many parties different debts. We will strive to win you the maximum settlement available under the law. We will work to bring you coverage for:
- Medical expenses from the past and future (surgery, hospitalization, physical therapy, medication)
- Lost income from the past and future
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering (PTSD, anxiety, fear, emotional trauma, psychological issues)
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one or family member passes away in an incident (funeral and burial fees, loss of consortium, loss of inheritance and income, pre-death medical bills and pain and suffering)
DTLA LAW Group’s Promise
You may not know where to file a claim against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, but no longer. Our law firm, Downtown LA Law Group, can provide you with an expert team of lawyers with experience in hotel lawsuits. We can provide you with a hotel bed bug attorney or lawyers who can sue Doubletree Hotel by Hilton for security guard assaults. We are aggressive against the insurance agency and empathetic to our clients. Your needs are our priority, and we want to make sure you recover while we go through the legal process. Contact us today for a free legal consultation to discuss your claim. We will tell you how much we believe we can win for it and what we can do to succeed. You can ask us anything you wish, including legal queries and advice. If you hire us to represent you, we will give you our zero fee guarantee, which says that you won’t have to spend a dime of your own money on our services. We will only get paid if we win, and if we lose, we won’t receive a nickel. The money for the victory will come from the insurance company, and if we lose, we take nothing; in either case, you won’t spend anything whatsoever. To get started on your lawsuit against Doubletree Hotel by Hilton, call Downtown LA Law Group at (888) 649-7166 today.