form construction sites, shopping malls
, and big box warehouse stores
such as Costco, Home Depot and Lowes can lead to serious injuries. Unsuspecting shoppers can be hit by sharp or heavy objects and projectile which can lead to traumatic brain injuries, loss of eyesight, facial disfigurement and spinal cord injuries. Under California Premises liability laws property owners and commercial establishments owe a duty to patrons to provide a safe and secure environment
If you have suffered injuries due falling objects contact out California Property Owner Liability Lawyers today. We will fight for your right to receive compensation for your injuries.
Common Injuries Associated with falling objects and debris:
Falling object injuries are often catastrophic since the strike a person head, face, and spinal column. Common injuries due to falling objects are as follows;
- TBI: Traumatic Brain Injury
- Internal Bleeding
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Eye Injuries
- Skull Fractures
- Open Head Wounds
- Broke Nose
- Broken Teeth
- Facial lacerations
- Severe Neck injuries
- Permanent injuries and Disfigurement
- Falling Object fatalities and Wrongful death claims
If you have suffered from any of the above injuries contact out aggressive and expert legal team today.
Where do Falling objects accident take place:
Falling object accidents usually occur in:
- Construction Sites
- Bridges overhangs
- Home Depot and Lowes stores
- Costco and big warehouse stores
- Other Large retail stores
- Multi Floor Shopping Malls and Shopping Centers
- Falling Objects from Apartment buildings
- Falling Objects from Trucks
- Highway construction sites
– Falling Merchandise Attorney
– Falling Merchandise off Store Shelves
– Shopping Mall and Strip Mall Accidents
– Supermarket Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
– Can I sue for Falling Merchandise from Store Shelves
– Is My Fall considered Medical Malpractice?
– Can I Sue A Movie Theatre For A Slip and Fall Accident
– Premises Liability Claims
– Property Owner Liability for falling branches
– Government Liability for Personal Injury
Falling Objects and Premises Liability Claims
Land owner or possessors liability varies greatly depending upon the classification of the victim. Generally, all visitors fall into one of three categories:
- Invitee: An invitee is owed the highest duty of care. They are any individual who is either expressly or impliedly invited to another person’s premises for their mutual benefit.
- Licensee: Any individual who enters the premises at the owner or possessors consent for a non business or commercial purpose. The most common example is a social guest. In order to recover as a licensee, a victim must establish (all three):
- The owner or possessor knew or should have known of the dangerous condition, and should have known that it created an unreasonable risk of harm, and likewise should have known that the plaintiff would fail to discover the dangerous condition
- The owner or possessor did not make the condition safe or failed to warn the licensee of the condition
- The licensee did not know of the dangerous condition or the risks involved.
Get started today by calling (888) 649-7166
SETTLEMENTS OF PREVIOUS FALLING OBJECT CASES
When an object falls on you and you suffer damages, you are entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering. The amount of compensation can vary depending on a couple things.
The first thing is the extent of the damages. Compensation is correlated to the amount of damage produced in the accident. If there was an accident but the bodily damage was relatively small (low medical bills, no lost wages) then the compensation you receive for your damages will reflect that. On the contrary, if the damage was significant (high medical bills and months of lost wages) then the compensation will be significant — there is a possibility the compensation can go into the six- or seven-figure range.
The second determinant is your legal team. Insurance representatives were hired to save the insurance company as much money as possible. That typically means giving out the lowest-possible settlement to the victim, such as yourself. The initial amount is nowhere near enough to cover your medical costs nor the wages you lost while you were unable to work. Once you accept their offer, it is incredibly difficult, if not impossible to rescind the offer and negotiate a higher check. Without a quality lawyer on your side to fight for what you deserve, you may get fronted and still pay out of pocket after you receive your check. The right legal team on your side will talk to insurance agents so that you do not have to stress about receiving the right amount of compensation. We want you to be able to pay off the medical bills, recover the wages you lost, as well as receive compensation for daily pain and suffering after your accident. Below are a list of previous settlements from cases.
- $2.5 million went to a construction worker after a cement-filled bucket fell from a higher floor and hit his head. (Thankfully he had on a hard-hat.) He suffered broken vertebrae, cervical disc herniations, and psychological disorders.
- $1.25 million was granted to a 40-year-old sheet metal worker. He was installing some ducts in an air conditioning that had been improperly installed the previous day. The unit dropped and struck the client on his neck and shoulder.
- $400,000 settlement went to an electrician when debris from a construction site fell on him. The debris did not have the appropriate safeguards, and injured his shoulder and wrists. He required surgery for treatment on his shoulder and both wrists.
Selecting the Right Legal Representation:
It is important for your attorney understands your suffering and employs the proper experts to determine the extent of your injuries and the compensation you are owed.
Downtown LA Law Group
: We are a full service plaintiff’s law firm. We are compassionate litigators fighting for the rights of our clients. Our attorneys can help with your case. Contact us today for a free case evaluation or a second opinion.
: It is crucial to act quickly before any limitations can lower or extinguish your rightful claim. Call us for a free consultation with one of our attorneys regarding your claim: (888) 649-7166